Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The recent updates from 15.40 have caused Excel to crash during printing of many of our most important spreadsheets.

The recent updates from 15.40 (Excel for Mac) have caused many of our most important spreadsheets to crash during printing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page layout preview!

In Excel 2011 there is a Preview button in the Print group on the Layout tab - I used that all the time to make sure things were printing correctly. Now it's several steps to get to that! Going to print isn't enough because that preview is too small. You'd have to open it in a pdf viewer, but it's added time to do that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. dare la possibilità di fare la stampa veloce dalla scrivania con cmd+p senza aprire i documenti

dare la possibilità di fare la stampa veloce dalla scrivania con cmd+p senza aprire i documenti, oppure con il pulsante destro del mouse ripristinare la funzione. stampa

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In previous versions of Excel I have recorded a macro for printing setup, and then printing a specific part of a spreadsheet.

I want to make a print button that will start a macro that sets up my printing parameters ( fit to page, select a specific part of a spreadsheet etc) and then prints it. I was able to do this in earlier versions of Excel for Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix the page boundry size when printing to Oversize paper

When selecting an oversize page (12x18) to print on, Excel trims the printing area down to a rough 8.5x11 page area. If you select tabloid (11x17) it fills the area correctly.

Something that prints on 8 pages of tabloid shouldn't print on 18 pages of a slightly larger sheet.

See the previews in the attachments. One shows how this document would print on 11x17 and the other shows the reduced size of a tabloid extra.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drucken im Querformat

Möglichkeit zum Drucken von Querformaten nicht nur anbieten, sondern auch ohne Verkleinerungen durchführen! Das ist momentan nicht möglich oder ziemlich aufwändig!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix print dialog

Open .xlsm file with macros. Save file. Reopen file. File | Print. Page preview is blank...

Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base