Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open docum

When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open documents. Unchecking the option Close windows when quitting app in the General tab of Mac System Preferences, the Office 2019 for Mac doesn’t reopen the files that are previously opened either. This was never a problem before, but this new feature seriously interrupts my work flow. Please restore the functionality that made it possible for documents to automatically reopen upon restart. I hate trying to remember what I was working on and dig through stored files to reopen…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Autosave to work with iCloud. (Not everyone has OneDrive!)

Please can you enable Autosave to work with the Mac's Cloud solution, iCloud. Although I personally use OneDrive, I don't want my excel files saved there. I have them all saved on iCloud or locally on my HD. Users should be able to select which cloud service they wish to use for Autosaving. (including other wider providers).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to save to a directory/folder on iCloud and am unable to select the directory on iCloud.

I need to save to a directory on iCloud and am unable to select a specific directory on iCloud.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to select multiple files or clear all files under the Recent Tab of the Welcome Splash Screen?

I just want to know if you add a feature that lets all users select multiple files or clear all files under the Recent tab of the Start Screen of Microsoft Office Suite programs, what do you think?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To save a spreadsheet, it seems I have to send it in an e-mail to myself. Why can I not "Save as" a spreadsheet?

To save a spreadsheet, it seems I have to send it in an e-mail to myself. Why can I not "Save as" a spreadsheet, so that I might use it in a Powerpoint presentation? Forgive me if this already exist. I will continue to try and find the answer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To save a spreadsheet, it seems I have to send it in an e-mail to myself. Why can I not "Save as" a spreadsheet?

To save a spreadsheet, it seems I have to send it in an e-mail to myself. Why can I not "Save as" a spreadsheet, so that I might use it in a Powerpoint presentation? Forgive me if this already exist. I will continue to try and find the answer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. file name when use some symbol like " & " when save it turn to be something

file name when using some symbol like " & " when save it turn to be something

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you go to open recent, have an option to open the last closed document.

Sometimes, by mistake, I close a document that I still need. It would be great if I could reopen it with one click from the open recent. Since I tend to keep documents open for long periods of time, when I try to go through Open Recent, it's frequently not in the first options, so this function ends up not saving me any time.
    Or perhaps, just order the Open Recent list by when you closed the document and not when you opened it. I think this would make it a lot more useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Same user to edit same document while on different computers

Switching between a tablet and desktop, for instance, while editing the same document causes O-365 to save the files separately. Can a user have a hidden MAC address, or something, to define uniqueness so that the files do not conflict like they similarly do not conflict when using multiple users?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reinstate option to open Dropbox files in Desktop versions of MS Excel and Word

Excel/Word files saved in Dropbox used to provide an option to open full functioning desktop versions of Excel in Word. Now, it seems to default to web-only versions of Excel/Word which have very limited editing and formatting functions...and doesn't even provide an option for desktop versions.
    Please re-instate this option as there are too many steps to open Dropbox files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't save excel as a pdf with clickable links on MacOS

By saving the excel as a pdf on my mac the links should be clickable in the pdf.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Additional warning or options for saving .csv file

If a user is trying to save a csv file that has been modified with additional worksheets, give a user the opportunity to save the file as a different format before moving forward with keeping the file as a csv and discarding information on all other worksheets.

I feel like this is done in the windows versions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Connectivity to Dropbox as "a place" when you open or save a file like Add Other Storage on Excel for Ipad

Make Excel for Mac interact with Dropbox like it does on my iPad. On my iPad I can add dropbox under "Other Storage" as a file location. On my Excel for Mac, it is called "Add a Place" and Dropbox is not an option!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have an option on Sharepoint / Teams to always open a document in the app

The web version of pretty much all Office apps is... lets say a variable experience, but excel in particular sucks as keyboard shortcuts you rely on in the app just don't work.
    I'd like an option in Teams / Sharepoint that will ALWAYS open the linked document in the desktop app - not just give me the option to do it in the web interface, but to ALWAYS open in the desktop app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need the ability to open browser version of a file from the apps

I need the ability to Open In Browser from Excel, Word, etc...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop making me sign into my own application on my own computer every time i want to open a file!

Stop making me sign into my own application on my own computer every time i want to open a file!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have a choice to send file directly to Drop Box

Have a choice in the Send a copy / directly to Drop Box

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Autosave should work to save the file in the same location automatically - not only if you are on Microsoft cloud.

Autosave should work to save the file in the same location automatically - not only if you are on Microsoft cloud

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove the "auto save" feature before it destroys any more Excel files.

Remove the "auto save" feature before it destroys any more Excel files. I decided to use the "auto save" feature on a very important file and it destroyed my file. Don't put computer features out there that you are not prepared to back up by fixing any mistakes you make.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base