Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back the AppleScript menu

It's easier to use the AppleScript menu than the Services menu to make shortcuts to the scripts. Script also starts up faster in AppleScript menu then in the Services menu. This is important when scripts are used in editing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uservoice at #excelissues, #msshame, #excelformac,... and social medias posts!

the only way we can be heard, once MS does not care! Lets make all mac users aware of MS policy.
    We need to go out of MS universe, the only way we might be heard. It has been 2 years or more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ACTIVEWORKBOOK.SAVE

When the program run and calls code "ActiveWorkbook.Save()" in Excel 2016 (version 15.32 ) for Mac, error "Microsoft Excel isn't responding right now. Do you want to wait or quit? " pops up.

- The network drive is located in US
    - The MAC EI-Capitan / Windows are located in US

We have tested the above code in Excel 2016 for Windows, Excel 2016 32bit ( version 15.22 ) for mac, they are working fine.

The only problem is on Excel 2016 64bit ( version 15.32 ) for Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mac Excel 2016 buttons

Macro-activating buttons (and others) that worked fine in Mac Excel 2011 don't transfer to 2016 upgrade.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. how to protect vba proyect in excel 2016 for mac

how to protect vba proyect macro in excel 2016 for mac

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Extend Support to VB.NET on Xamarin

This will support cross-platform addins, native custom worksheet controls, an existing cross-platform IDE, and, especially, an easier migration for current VBA coders than moving to the javascript API.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. id like to insert po up calendars in different cells of my sheets as it was possible before

before (in formerly versions 2003/207/2010...) it was possible to insert a pop up calendar in cells and just click on the convenient date to fulfill tjhe cell with the corect date. It's a very intersting option when using a sheet where you have to complete a lot of different dates . Would it be possible to offer again this funcationality? ( sorry for my poor english but i'm french) i have a 365 office version installed on a macbook air. Best regards. LP

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Excel for Mac to run .xll files

There are many .xll add-ins that work under windows, but none of these can be run natively on Excel for Mac. Using a windows emulator is painful, buggy and sometimes slow.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back Window.Top

In Excel 2016, it is not possible to set the top position of an Excel window, neither with the VBA call 'ActiveWindow.Top = 100' nor with the AppleScript call 'set top of window 1 to 100'. This was no problem in Excel 2011. Please bring back this functionality.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a LOOKUP function for conditionally formatted cells

A simple LOOKUP function that allows, not unlike the auto sum for a range of cells to be analysed subject to their conditioned formatting. I've a number of dates that relate to project KPI's which appear in a single row. The cell colours are condition formatted so that overdue goes red, 1 month to overdue goes Amber and not overdue are green. Using a "GETCOLOUR" that is interactive with the COUNTIF, IF, SUMIF, AND, OR, VLOOKUP AND HLOOKUP functions in Excel 2016 could be of equal value to Windows and OSX users alike? Quick win which would make analysis much…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable My Apps in the Mac version.

Why can't I use My Apps in the Mac 2016 version. There's a lot of cool stuff going on in the My Apps section that i can't use on my Mac.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The instruction: application.DisplayFormulaBar = False or True didn't functioned in Excel 2011 for Mac

The instruction: application.DisplayFormulaBar = False or True didn't functioned in Excel 2011 for Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Checkboxes double print when printing or save to pdf making them unreadable

When adding checkboxes to a sheet, then trying to print that sheet, print to PDF or Save as PDF, the checkboxes appear "double printed" making it very difficult to tell their checked state on the printed version. This bug has existed since the early betas.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Excel in Office 2011 for Mac compatible with OS X El Capitan

Excel files with macros have slow response with beach balling every time the mouse is clicked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base