Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Refresh a power query

Allow Mac users to refresh a Power Query that gets files from a folder (and was created with windows).

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. money in excel

Money in Excel Manual Accounts

I have a couple accounts that I use that aren't currently supported by Plaid, specially T-Mobile Money, Apple Card, and cash (yes, paper money!). Adding manual accounts and transactions would be a nice interim solution while waiting for support for these accounts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Excel for Money"

Excel for Money needs to support dual factor authentication for logging into financial institutions that offer that level of security

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable the creation of USERFORM in eXCEL 16 Please take this request into account and enable the functionality of creating userforms in EXCE

Enable the creation of USERFORM in eXCEL 16
    Please take this request into account and enable the functionality of creating userforms in EXCEL from VBA. It is a very important functionality.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Recurring Expenses

Money in Excel Recurring Expenses

From time to time, I have new recurring expenses that are either completed or new to account for. It would be great to be able to add and remove recurring expenses in that template sheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need Analysis Toolpak - VBA

Really need this -- cross platform work environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In the Visual Basic Editor, Find and Replace do not work

Microsoft EXCEL 2019 visual Basic Editor: When selecting "Find", "Find next" or "Replace from the Menu, the appropriate Dialog shows, but it it does not do anything

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Application.PathSeparator returns wrong character

In Excel 2019 Mac, Application.PathSeparator still returns "/".
    The path returned by CurDir triggers a "path not found" error when used in ChDir (path)

To successfully change the file path in vba, It has to be entered in the form:
    ChDir ("User:aho:Desktop").
    ChDir ("/User/aho/Desktop") triggers a Run-time error '76': Path not found
    CurDir still returns the path as "/User/aho/Desktop"

This seems to be linked to a change in MacOSX introduced several major updates ago, as the path displayed for a file by <cmd>I under OSX also changed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improvements in macros for Mac

There seems to be a problem in readjusting the size and places of a button that has been associated with a macro.

And since we can't undo anything done with macros, I'm stuck with a button that kind of hangs over some parts of data in my excel sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export as PDF Causing Memory Leak?

I am trying to Export as PDF an array of sheets 200+ times but Excel for mac crashes at about 20 iterations. My Ram usage shows that once RAM usage gets to 2GB, it crashes the application. Is there not a way to clear any Ram being used after a PDF is exported?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. bring back colorfunction

It seems as though the @colorfunction macro no longer works, is it possible to bring it back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Money in Excel needs whole transaction detail string

MiE is pulling truncated transaction details (transaction memo field). This makes things unnecessarily difficult. Would like to see MiE pull in the entire string from bank's memo field, rather than a truncated version of it. I link to the same bank from QBO, mint and now MiE, but MiE is the only one that is cutting off the tx detail field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Checkbox Passwords and Tracking

Allow a "Checkbox" to require a password to checkmark the box. Allow for multiple passwords to be created, so it can be tracked which employee's password was used to checkmark the box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Habilitar Microsoft Dynamics Office Add-in para Mac no Microsoft 365.

Necessito deste suplemento para fazer exercícios da faculdade, porém ele não está disponível para o meu dispositivo Mac com Microsoft 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Parameters..." can't be clicked (see "Customize a parameter query")

I'm trying to use a parameter in a SQL Query and I found what I needed in this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/customize-a-parameter-query-addf7cb7-ddf0-442f-a60c-cd7280e201bd?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us#ID0EDABAAA=2016,_2013
    However, the "Parameters" Button in the Definition tab (Connection Properties dialog box) can't be clicked. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring back screen updating on Mac and VBA code break using "esc". This are critical for proper VBA coding

Excel had the screen updating ability when running a VBA code, and with the latest update (early 2020) it is now gone? the VBA on the excel is rather incomplete and should work like the Windows version. When developing new macros, it is critical to be able to stop the code execution with "esc" and see the screen updating/refresh in order to assess whether the code is running. In addition, the Name Ranges manager is incomplete and should be improved in terms of ability to update names and manage a list. Again the Windows version is like how this should…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base