Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring VBA on Excel for Mac to parity with Excel for Windows

Bring VBA on Excel for Mac to parity with Excel for Windows.
    Currently, there are too many missing VBA elements missing. It is a major problem for those of us with mixed environments. Many things that worked under Excel 2011 no longer work in 2016.

Why is the not being addressed?

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix ExportAsFixedFormat method

ExportAsFixedFormat method produces a "Run-time error '1004':

Application-defined or object-defined error" when trying to save (export) a pdf to a user folder (/Users/user/Documents for example)

As I see it only works if one saves to the sandbox path of Office (Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office), which is quite uncomfortable to work with.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel for Mac 2016 does not open xlsm files from Excel for Windows !

Excel for Mac version 16.15 does not open xlsm files from Excel for Windows !

Excel has a very serious error:
    Do not open the xlsm files maked with Excel for Windows, please correct it... !!!

I have tried it with all my previous excel macros files and in all it sends me a message of ERROR, when accepting that, Excel proceeds to repair it deletes all the macros that you have programmed in VBA !!!

What kind of error is that ???

PLEASE CORRECT THAT HORROR !!!! ...

The exact message is the following:

Notice: 
We have found a…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VBA compatibility between Office 2016(16.16...) and Office 2019 (16.26)

I recently notice that files saved with Office 2016 do not work on Office 2019 (16.26) and vice et versa. Either crash or showing compilation error or internal errors with librairy. It was not the case with Office 2019 (16.25).
    Please fix...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Workaround

The next version of MacOS will will not allow the editing of UserForms in Excel so I've installed a virtual machine (Parallels) with the current MacOS which I will not update when the new version comes out. I can currently run all of my excel spreadsheets (Excel for Mac 2011) using this (they all run flawlessly) and will be able to update my main OS to the new version.

Actually, I have installed all of my 32 bit applications on the virtual machine.

This a lot cheaper than buying a dedicated Windows computer.

Now I have all the benefits -…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Power Pivot to Mac Excel

Add Power Pivot to Mac excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019 at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop Having Problems: Ex

I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019
    at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop

Having Problems so for now have gone back to Office 2011 Default Excel AND VERY WORRIED THAT NEXT MACOS WILL NOT SUPPORT THAT OLD OFFICE VERSION:

Excel in Microsoft Office 2019 is slow to open - two minutes versus 8 seconds in Office 2011 if opening a saved workbook on my Mac book pro MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 by double clicking workbook file icon. Workaround seems to be opening Excel first from which the file is opened but that still takes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019 at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop Having Problems: Ex

I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019
    at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop

Having Problems so for now have gone back to Office 2011 Default Excel:

Excel in Microsoft Office 2019 is slow to open - two minutes versus 8 seconds in Office 2011 if opening a saved workbook on my Mac book pro MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 by double clicking workbook file icon. Workaround seems to be opening Excel first from which the file is opened but that still takes 8 seconds whereas with Office 2011 it is immediate if Excel is opened…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back Relative References in Macro Recording

Bring back Relative References in Macro Recording - the fact the MS has asked me for a thumbs up or down having brought this back with 16.24 amazes me. I and others have been asking for this for OVER TWO YEARS. .... NO! MS you don't get a thumbs up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to name and place icons on macros added to the Quick Access Toolbar

When a macro is added to the QAT, it displays as a circle in the toolbar. Add another, you get another circle. Unless you memorize what you added and the order you added them, you don't know what you're selecting. The list for customizing the QAT shows them as <<No label>>. You can name them with the Rename option on gear at the bottom of the dialog, but they revert back to no label after you exit the dialog.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upgrade Microsoft "Analysis ToolPak" to include additional statistical tools as found in "Data Analysis Plus"

Would it be possible to upgrade the Microsoft "Analysis ToolPak" for Excel (Office 365) to include additional statistical tools as found in "Data Analysis Plus" provided by the following third party:

http://www.kellerstatistics.com/KellerStatistics/DataAnalysis

Or, provide instruction on how to install the "Data Analysis Plus" for Excel Office 365 (in which folder to import it in for Mac)

See attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ayni Dosyalari Windows ve Mac de ayri ayri yaparken Windows menülerde kullanabildigim menü ve sekmeler maalesef Mac de mevcut degil. Dolayis

Ayni Dosyalari Windows ve Mac de ayri ayri yaparken Windows menülerde kullanabildigim menü ve sekmeler maalesef Mac de mevcut degil. Dolayisiyla makro kayıtlarda doğru Calisma olmuyor. Makro kayıt yaparken kopya yapistir islemi, geliştirici menüsünde göreli başvuru kullan vede veri menüsünde Form sekmesinin bulunmayisi gibi. Yani Windows da yapılan bir dosyayı kopyalayıp Mac e yapistir yaparak acmak degil, Mac de de ayni dosyayı hazırlarken menü kullanımındaki eksikliklerden kaynaklanan bir sorun gibi bence. Windows da bulunan ve kullanılan menü ve sekmeler Mac de yok veya islev yapmıyor. Bu konuda bilgilendirirseniz sevinirim. Saygilar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix HTML export from AppleScript

Since 16.15, running the following AppleScript has either crashed Excel (versions 16.16–16.23) or (16.15 and since 16.24) produced a badly formatted HTML file.

tell application "Microsoft Excel" to save as active sheet filename theFolder & "test.html" file format HTML file format

Note that theFolder is a valid folder in the Office sandbox folder. The equivalent code in VBA works fine:

ActiveSheet.SaveAs FileName:=theFolder & "test.html", FileFormat:=xlHtml

Alternatively, could the VBA PublishObject object be added to the AppleScript dictionary?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Popup menus

365 for Mac has lost the ability to create popup menus via VBA using:

Set SubMenuItem = MenuItem.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)

We are told to use XRibbon, but it is not nearly as useful. It was possible to use it in 2011 and still works in 365 for Windows. Lack of parity on Mac is a huge problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Inquire

Add Inquire as an Add-in to ALL options! Our school district uses Office 365, allows personal users to download Microsoft Excel for Mac. I run Version 16.23 but do not have access to "Inquire" tab, thus cannot compare two sheets!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need a way to enter the static date and time on the iPad in excel

Definitely need a way to enter the static date and time on the iPad in excel. There is no command or control button on the iPad keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No forms in VBA what do people do now.

It was Microsoft who developed the UserForm capability in VBA for Excel and now it is gone - what do people do now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Easy or even just available data forms for data input on Office 2019

We just need the basic data forms available to us! UGH it's ridiculous not to have that available and even readily available

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow tool tips for buttons embedded in a sheet that run macros

This functionality (adding a tool tip) works if an embedded button operates a hyperlink but not if it activates a macro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base