Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. insert hyperlink to words or phrases within a cell NOT the entire cell

I'm surprised that it is impossible to add a hyperlink to a word or phrase within a cell. It would be so convenient if the hyperlink weren't related to the entire cell. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. i want to be able to see who the file is shared with, even if they arent currently in the file

when others have a shared file open, i can see them in there. however if they dont have it open, i cant tell if i make changes to a document, is it a version that is shared with others, or can i use it as a working file

i want to be able to see who the file is shared with, even if they arent currently in the file

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. update MAC with Windows version

Why does the MAC version still use threaded comments? Why is this version not compatible with Windows? When ever a feature is Removed from one version, it should be removed from all versions. Otherwise, what is the purpose of having cloud storage to work on the same file from multiple devices? Makes no sense.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please! VBA user form function for Macs, we need so much.

Please! VBA user form function for Macs, we need so much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable @mentions for Office365 guests in Word, Excel, and other applications

The existing @mention only works for internal users within a tenant. For organizations collaboratively partnering with other organizations on an ongoing basis (e.g. marketing agencies, law firms, etc.), this is a critical component of alerting collaborators and highlighting relevant document changes. Even if just an email address could be tagged, that would be enough to get users in my tenant to quick telling me they want to go back to Google Suite.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You should make it easier to switch between accounts.

I wish I could be signed in to multiple accounts and just switch between them instead of constantly signing in and out. Google makes this very easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Listado de ciudades para utilizar en mapa coroplético

Les solicito que nos brinden un listado tipo base de datos organizado por país para saber qué ciudades/ localidades/ estados y cómo están descriptos para poder utilizar en el mapa coroplético de Excel a fin de segmentar mundialmente según la región.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Financial Institution adds

Cardi's (Synchrony)
    Comerica Visa (Elan)
    Loanpal
    Thrift Savings Plan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Embedded Excel Cell Ranges in HTML

Hi, is it possible when embedding an Excel file in HTML, to STILL BE ABLE TO VIEW, cell ROW and COLUMN headers, when viewing a Range of cells. It's still extremely useful to see ROW and COLUMN headers, for a selected cell range. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Could you add a "Reveal in Finder" option to the File Menu?

Since you've overloaded the title in the menubar, I can no longer drag the Excel icon into another application like Mail or Slack to share the document with someone. It would be great to either make that work again, or add a "Reveal in Finder" option to the File menu so I can quickly locate the file on disk.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I need something that will allow only certain people to see individual pages within a document.

I need something that I can share several sheets with several different people who cannot see each other's sheet. Making several different documents would become overwhelming to manage. I would like to be able to label each person's name as a tab, they have access to their tab only, then I can share the entire document with their supervisor, who can click through the tabs of all the people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to email XLSX within Excel on Mac.

The email icon is visible in Excel but it does not work. Please advise.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SharePoint や OneDrive を介在しない共同編集

SharePoint や OneDrive を介在しない共同編集

Co Authoring without SharePoint or OneDrive

現在 Excel で共同編集を行うには SharePoint のドキュメント ライブラリまたは、OneDrive にファイルを登録する必要がある。
    共同編集を行う際に、必ずクラウドに登録するのはかなり手間がかかり、無駄なオペレーションが発生している。
    クラウドを介さずローカル端末内のみで共同編集ができるよう、機能改善を強く要望します。

※ デフォルトで共同編集が ON になっているなど、手間がかからない仕組みが必要です。

Currently, co-authoring in Excel requires registering the file in a SharePoint document library or OneDrive.
    When co-authoring is performed, it is quite time-consuming to register in the cloud, which causes unnecessary operations.
    We strongly request functional improvements so that co-authoring can be performed only on the local terminal without going through the cloud.

• A mechanism that does not require much work, such as co-authoring being turned on by default, is required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable Excel for Mac to connect to list data in SharePoint Online

It is currently not possible to connect Excel for Mac to data in a SharePoint list. That makes both Excel and SharePoint less functional in a wide variety of organizations, and makes SPO lists essentially useless in environments where they're updated from time to time.

Microsoft has developed a robust sync tool that works between Mac and SharePoint Online. Perhaps that could be adapted in a unidirectional way?

In any event, please consider for development.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share to Microsoft Teams

Enable sharing to the Microsoft Teams application from the Excel client

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base