Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. co-authoring:a banner in middle of page to know that connection had dropped or make the green part of the software red or something

When editing on excel desktop (office365) a shared spreadsheet it doesnt inform me in a noticeable way if the connection drops. It does say on the top "save pending" or something similar but it is not noticeable enough. So what happens is that i could be editing at the same time as my partner (who is on excel online at that moment) and we could be making changes in the same cell without knowing it. It would be much better if there was a banner in the middle of the page letting me know that the connection had dropped or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Show shared folders that have been added to your OneDrive in the Mac Open window

Folders that have been shared with you on OneDrive and that you have then added to your OneDrive do on show up in the Open window in the Mac Office apps.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Independent filter/searches in excel on line for multiple users

Re: Excel online sharing on onedrive

It would be helpful if multiple users could access the same file online to edit/update/delete records AND be able to perform filter/contains searches independently (dynamically) without effecting the other users visibility.

The spreadsheet we are using has 8,500+ rows of data.

Thank you.

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Multiple O365 accounts and Excel 15 for MacOS

I have two Office365 accounts (one for work and one for family) but I am punished for being a good Microsoft customer with a non-functioning sign in mechanism. Every time I open a document stored in an O365 Sharepoint I am forced to sign in at least twice before the document opens. Even worse, at no point in the Sign-in process is any indication given which account you should be signing into, it is assumed that you remember which account the document was stored in; this does not sound like a product that is making life easier. I am raising…

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Please add real time co-authoring

It would be amazing to have the opportunity to edit and view a worksheet among multiple users at the same time. Just like you are able to work in the same document in Word.

7 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Export to SharePoint

It would be great if you could export from Excel to a Sharepoint list in Excel for Mac. At present you have to cut and paste which is prone to error with large files.

14 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ask to break links when sending a workbook by email

This goes for Windows and Mac versions. Every day I receive workbooks by email that are linked to some server or PC in one country or another, increasing the file size and bogging down my machine as Excel tries to unlink the files, sometimes unsuccessfully, turning the cells to zeros.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow option to "Print Active Sheet" from "Sharing" on Excel on MacBook

When using the online version of Excel (on an iPad), going to Sharing / Send Attachment / Email / via PDF, it gives the option to "Print Active Sheet" or "Print Entire Workbook".

Unfortunately, when using the downloaded version of Excel on an iMac or MacBook, the Sharing Options / Send Attachment / via PDF, gives no option to print the "active sheet" and automatically sends the entire workbook.

Is there any way to send only the "active sheet" directly from Excel on a downloaded version of Excel used on iMac or MacBook?

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base