Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel v 16.33 not saving my work and freezing my screens.

im on OS Catalina v10/15/3. Did Excel update to 16.33 now cant save anything and app freezes and have to force quit. HELP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PowerPivot is missing voor Macbook pro?

PowerPivot is missing voor Macbook pro?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Spillage Errors

This applies to Excel for Mac as well as Windows. I have been an Excel user since 1993 and I build spreadsheets frequently. Most of my spreadsheets perform simple arithmatic operations - e.g. they utilize simple algebra and trigonometry formulas. Very rarely do I use Dynamic Array Functions. I use Range Names so that I can easily check my formulas. Within the last few weeks I have been getting "Spillage Errors" associated with Dynamic Arrays even though I did not use a Dynamic Array Function. These errors seem to be associated with my Range names. I've never had this in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Obtaining Hang Seng Index from the Stocks module

I am using Excel for Mac, version 16.30 (always updated to the latest version)

I can easily obtain stock quotes all index members of the Dow Jones, Hang Seng Index, Swiss Market Index. Also to retrieve the index quotes for DJIA, S&P500, DAX, etc. is not an issue at all.

Obtaining the quote for the Hang Seng Index itself I haven't figured out for a couple of months already.

“HSI” returns "H.I.S. Co Ltd (OTCM:HISJF)” “Hang Seng” returns “No results found for Hang Seng” “^HSI” returns results such as H-Source Holdings, etc.

I have reached out to Microsoft calling the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working

Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working.
    Excel will open but will not open an excel file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mac OS update to Catalina

Just ugraded to Catalina and now unable to use my Office package, contacted Microsoft and been told I need to pay and upgrade to 64 bit version, Catalina does not support 32 bit. I was happy with what I had and previously paid for. This is ridiculous surely office packages should be supported and future proofed against OS updates,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automator on Mac no longer is compatible with Excel for Mac

Previously, Automator could be used to perform a variety of functions with excel. Now, using excel with automator returns the error "The action “[ACTION]” encountered an error: “Microsoft Excel got an error: Parameter error.” Where [ACTION] is the particular Automator action you wanted to perform.

Could you please make these programs work together again?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO DISABLE RECENT!!!!

Since the last update (today is 190826) for every document you have had opened (recent) it will look/freeze for approx 5sec for EVERY LINK. How can you release something like this and still no fix! I PAID FOR SOFTWARE, AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY. Time to leave office like I left Windows.... Its the same in the other Office apps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mail merge bug in Excel/Word 365 for Mac: Word can't see Excel cells with formula results over 250 characters

When I use an Excel sheet/project as source of data for mail merge in Word, Word can't see the result values of formula cells, if the result is over 250 characters (text). The result in Word, doesn't show anything for that field and even blocks data for all of the next records (rows in excel). The only solution is saving the excel sheet as a .csv file and use that as the data source in Words mail merge. Cells in excel that don't have a formula and just text of more than 250 characters, works fine. So the bug is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. XLSM files saved with Excel 365 for Mac cannot be opened with Excel 2016 (non-365)

XLSM file saved with Excel 365 for Mac cannot be opened with Excel 2016. If saved with Excel 365 for Win instead, file can be opened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Line break in Excel for Mac

I have tried either "Control + Option + Return" or "Commant + Option + Return" but didn't work. Please consider this small thing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bulk delete of recents in v16

It is ridiculous that bulk 'recents' cannot be removed from Excel for Mac v16. In a very productive environment, this is too time-consuming to remove them one by one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to use dots as thousand separator in Excel charts labels

I want to use dots as thousand separator in Excel charts labels.
    I am not able, and understand other users experience the same problem:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/thousand-separator-changes-on-charts/703239f6-3323-4de3-8e6e-7f0f1143dcd5
    Jose Renato Mannis
    jrmannis@jrmannis.com
    +55 11 9 8279 9944

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need to fix how Excel for Mac 16.23 is causing multiple files to open upon startup.

Need to fix how Excel for Mac 16.23 does not shut down properly and that causes it to open multiple files upon startup. This would seem like it is an autorecovery issue but it is not because it still occurs even after all autorecovery files have been sent to trash. A simple internet search will confirm that this is a long-standing problem many have suffered and there is no methodology offered to fix it. Even reinstalling Excel does not correct the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. password

Entry in a password field of a UserForm should be masked in Excel 2016 Mac (as it was in Excel 2011 and in every Excel version on Windows)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 64-bit Version for Excel for Mac 2011

Recent warnings via macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 are stating:
    "App" is not optimised for your Mac. This app needs to be updated by its Developer to improve compatibility.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Label Options for Pareto Charts--can't rotate column data labels

After creating a Pareto Chart, I am unable to use the Size and Properties options in the Format Data Labels pane.

After chatting with MS support for an hour, the tech. was able to replicate my issue. I'm running Excel for Mac, v 16.16.1. My data labels are for dollar amounts which are too long to fit next to each other. I simply want to rotate the labels so they are readable.

I made a basic column chart of the same data and I can rotate those data labels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Que Excel 2018 for Mac abra bien los archivos xlsm de versiones anteriores

Excel 2016 for Mac tiene un error muy grave :

No abre archivos xlsm elaborados por versiones anteriores, favor de corregir... !!! lo he probado con todos mis archivos excel anteriores y en todos me manda un mensaje de ERROR, y Excel, al intentar repararlo le quita todas las macros que le hayas programado !!!

Qué es eso ??? POR FAVOR CORRIJAN ESE HORROR !!!!... El mensaje exacto es el siguiente:

Aviso:

Hemos encontrado un problema con contenido de ‘libro.xlsm'. ¿Desea que intentemos recuperar el máximo de contenido posible? Si confía en el origen de este libro, haga clic en…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft issues 16.16 update for Mac OSX High Sierra Number format not working?

Well? Yesterday, Microsoft issues 16.16 update for Mac OSX High Sierra and all worksheets crashed that had Office sounds marked. So, I had to un-mark my Office sounds. Today, (6/30/18) Microsoft issued a update 16.16.0. Guess what now??? They fixed the Office sounds, but now you can NOT enter the comma in Numbers or change any numbers you have input. As an example...I put in number 231. It came up on the spread sheet as 2. SO I checked the format "Cells" and it was on Number, and decimal zero and with commas...BUT, it doesn't change anything to how the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Compile error in hidden module

Compile error in hidden module: 'Module_General'. This error usually occurs when the code is not compatible with the version, platform or architecture of this application.

Pleas repair this error, I can't open any files because of this error. It's a company file I'm working with, from a company that's working on MS machines. Opening the file on a MS laptop is no problem at all. Excel on Mac version 16.14.1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base