Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix synchronization issues saving to OneDrive.

When I save changes made to a newly opened existing (from OneDrive, via File menu) spreadsheet, I'm not permitted to save for edit collisions. I can make OneDrive configuration changes that prevent these collisions (isn't that the POINT of OneDrive for Office- allowing multiple users to edit?), but that causes problems in other ways.

FIX the problem, don't just create an un-reliable work-around.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You need to complete rewrite the code. Excel for Mac is the worst Microsoft product ever. Shame on you!!!

You need to complete rewrite the code. Excel for Mac is the worst Microsoft product ever.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Solver issue, it gives incorrect answer with binary constraints on MacOS Excel 2019.

Solver issue, it gives very different answer with binary constraints on Excel 2019. Same solution while executing on Win10 provides correct values. Please refer attached excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix the bug whereby "Ready" in the Status Bar is not working reliably

I am seeking a workaround, or a fix by Microsoft, for this behaviour in Excel for Mac:

In Excel for Mac 16.35 (20030802), the word “Ready” does not appear in the Status Bar when a file is first opened or after a save, instead the Status Bar is empty. The act of entering data in a cell changes to Status Bar to “Enter” and then (correctly) back to “Ready”. This occurs in .xlsx and .xlsm files. The vba expression Application.StatusBar = False does not result in the word "Ready" being displayed in the Status Bar (as specified in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/excel.application.statusbar).…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stocks

I have Excel Home and Student 2019 and the stocks function does not work. I am able to convert the stock (RRR--> Red Rocks Resort) but I am unable to get any of the data on that stock to reflect in a new column on the table. After spending close to an hour with Microsoft support, I was told stocks was only supported on Office 365. It would be super cool to add it to Office Home and Student in the next update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stocks

I have Excel Home and Student 2019 and the stocks function does not work. I am able to convert the stock (RRR--> Red Rocks Resort) but I am unable to get any of the data on that stock to reflect in a new column on the table. After spending close to an hour with Microsoft support, I was told stocks was only supported on Office 365. It would be super cool to add it to Office Home and Student in the next update.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel is ****. Microsoft is unreliable, frustrating ****. Microsoft support os ****. Make some reliable software you useless geeks!!!

Excel is ! Won't open files. Only creates new files but will not open existing files. Make some reliable software you useless geeks!!! Tell Bill Gates to take his billions that he's made from selling software to the rest of the world and bugger off. Microsoft is ****.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back saving worksheet notice on bottom toolbar

In the 16.34 it appears that the saving worksheet notification with the progress bar at the bottom of the worksheet has disappeared. This is quite bothersome when saving a large worksheet as you do not know if it is saving or when it has completed a save.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel 16.36 for mac not moving sheets to new workbook or able to print to pdf

Excel 16.36 for mac not moving/copying sheets to new workbook or able to print to pdf

Does not generate previews and print empty pdf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel freezes constantly - Cataline on 2012 Mac

Excel is constantly freezing up after updating to Catalina OSX. I will force quite excel and open again and whenever I would click on a cell it just freezes, leaving no option but to quit excel and try again later. Some days it would work for longer than others. No such issue on Excel on Windows- very frustrating to deal with it as studies are heavily dependent on excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quit automatically hiding columns and allow the user to see their own data without "unhiding" what I never hid in the first place!

Crazy, I know. Every time I work with my grade book I have to "Unhide" valuable information that the useful program thinks I don't need to see. I have added columns to the left in order to stop this, yet the dumb program keeps hiding the names of my teachers. Why can't I format the document to NEVER hide anything unless I ask it to?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Newest Update for Microsoft Excel for Mac 16.36.20022400

Newest Update for Microsoft Excel for Mac 16.36.20022400 completely crashed when I tried to open the application today after the Insider Fast Update and I have to uninstall it and reinstall a bit earlier version to make sure my Excel is still working

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix "advanced search" to find all cells containing a value no matter how they are formatted

advanced search will not find values regardless of format. Find "0.01" should find one cent, one percent, one british pound, or antyhing that is scientifically expressed as 1x10^-2.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change "SORT" (under DATA, SORT) function to MOVE cell content, not just change the cell contents, so as to preserve absolute references.

If you reference a cell in a table with an absolute reference, and then SORT the table manually, the absolute reference will move with the referenced cell, as expected.

HOWEVER, if you use "data, sort" feature to sort the data, the absolute reference will NOT move correctly, because SORT changes the content within the cells, and doesn't actually move the cells.
    Humans expect sorting to MOVE the columns, not just change the data within the columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Deactivate Tools in Home Ribbon

In version 16.35 when you start entering a formula, notably one that involves more than one tab, the formatting tools in the home ribbon deactivate and will not turn back on. If you close/reopen you can get the ribbon.

Running Mac OS10.15.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pictures print in lower resolution in HEADER compared to MAIN BODY

Just recently, i have encountered this issue of pictures printing in lower resolution when i insert the picture in the HEADER section, as compared to the MAIN BODY.

To read the full story, please refer to this discussion thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/pictures-print-in-lower-resolution-in-header/fda94a90-1d38-46c0-8e17-5f6ea5d4306a

Could we do something about it please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Opening 20MB, complex pivot file freezes Mac

Opening 20MB complex pivot file freezes Excel Mac, and CPU spikes to 1000%...
    Clicking somewhere after a while regains control for a while, then new freeze, rinse-repeat.
    Does not freeze Excel for PC though

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "linked picture"

One of the most exciting features in Office 365 is Linked pictures and the opportunity to dropdowns with images via named ranges to create interactive content. It is a game changer in terms of being able to hold people's attention.

This works perfectly on Windows 10, but on the Mac, the Linked pictures (png or PDF) are scaled ~ 4x beyond the cell border and fuzzy. I reported this bug in July through feedback within Excel. I reported this bug 3x in 2019 to no avail. It is still not fixed. Ironically, linked pictures of text content are scaled correctly.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel v 16.33 not saving my work and freezing my screens.

im on OS Catalina v10/15/3. Did Excel update to 16.33 now cant save anything and app freezes and have to force quit. HELP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ihr Aktualisierungsserver ist nicht mehr erreichbar ! Autoupdate kann keine Verbindung zum Updateserver herstellen. :-( :-( :-(

Ihr Aktualisierungsserver ist nicht mehr erreichbar ! Autoupdate kann keine Verbindung zum Updateserver herstellen. :-( :-( :-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base