Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix bug with CPU Straining

Whenever Excel is "left alone" with an open dialogue box (usually when trying trying to log out of the user) it starts hogging CPU like crazy. We're talking 99% CPU usage just for excel even though the sheets are just a few columns of numbers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. after upgrade to mac siearra 11, the excel shows text upside down and also mirrored

'after upgrade to mac siearra 11, the excel shows text upside down and also mirrored'
    The impression is that Microsoft is doing everything possible to annoy Mac users and try to get them to move to use window machine. Each Microsoft upgrade creates a new problem to the office for Mac, and in particular with outlook and now with excel and so on.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. after upgrade to mac siearra 11, the excel shows text upside down and also mirrored

after upgrade to mac siearra 11, the excel shows text upside down and also mirrored

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. trusted locations

Why is there no way to create a trusted location for the mac?
    After upgrading to 15.38 (170902). And for heavens sake why should I get for every minute get a warning dialog about trust issues. My document doesn't have a macro or any thing. Isn't there any quality checking??

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Excel for Mac 11 vs 16

I've been using office 11 as my major app at work and it was almost perfect until High Sierra. Easy customizable keyboard shortcuts, customizable toolbar and menu. User friendly VBA and merge with Word. A bit slow while filtering applied, but I could cope with that.
    After High Sierra came along, I switched to Office 16. Nothing to be customized, funky and very annoying animation when click on a cell and tonnes of bugs. VBA has some new limitations. Very inconvenient to use application, so I had to switch back to Office 11. It's working fine on High Sierra, but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Content scaling on 4K screens is terrible.

MS, the content scaling on MS excel is terrible for macs. any doc that has 85% zoom on windows must be zoomed to 120% on mac for the same level of viewing. This can be proven by opening the same file via VMs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. excel 15.49

this latest version displays the file contents upside down. When you refresh the screen, it corrects most but not all of the content.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. version 15.39

It is displaying the file contents upside down. Most lines will correct when you do something to refresh the screen, but not the column headings for a table.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the Basic bugs so many have complained about. Is the Office of the President aware of the Mac Business Unit's refusal to help?

There are an incredible number of basic bugs that Microsoft refuses to address. For instance, 90% of the time I delete data from a cell, I must scroll up and then down for the worksheet view to appear blank. That is, deleting data from a cell, does in fact delete the data but the grid view of the cell still looks as though the data has not been deleted. I'm fed up with these kinds of basic bugs. Excel 2016 for Mac was released almost 2 years ago. I will be contacting MSFT's Office the President to inform them of…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Application.CalculateFull work again...

After a recent update (15.39 is current) Application.CalculateFull does not work as before. I have a spreadsheet with calls to several vba functions in cells. To update the cells from time to time I made a button with an "Application.CalculateFull" call. Before it worked like a charm, now I get a "#Value!" error in every cell with a function call. When I press "fn+ctrl+alt+F9" the cells get updated correctly. Why is Application.CalculateFull broken? Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel is taking 100% CPU even though I have only 2 spreadsheets open with not much data and no complex formulas (no VB) and just a few tabs

This is a problem. If I reopen the very same spreadsheets, it takes less than 5% of a CPU. (In fact, it often terminates with an error.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. stop selling ****

You can stop producing excel for Mac, it just doesn't work, it will be a gain of time and money for everybody

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Mac Excel 2017 always lag

The Mac Excel 2017 always lag.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. functions fail unless = is find and replaced with =

this is a new bug 7.10.2107
    previously when enter any formula e.g = VLOOKUIP(.... the formula would automatically compute. Now I need to replace the fx provided = with a find and replace =

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. fix column selection ( click column header on another WS ) in formula

When I have a formula in worksheet 5 and want to select for inside the formula column worksheet3!K:K I get worksheet3!A:N.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Excel save CSV files

Currently, when you are editing a .csv file, Excel will not save any changes when you go to File > Save or press ⌘S. It only saves the file when you quit Excel because it prompts you then to save your unsaved work.

Please make Excel actually save your documents when you press save.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Unacceptable # of Bugs, make VBA Usable & Add Hot Keys

First, the number of basic bugs in unacceptable for a product that's been the market for well over a year. Often I type characters in cell and hit Enter yet the cell is blank. I scroll up and then down, and at that point, I see the that previously blank cell is now populated with the characters I had entered. This is unacceptable. When I freeze panes, the top row appears to have been duplicated but if I scroll up and then down, duplicated row disappears. So many different types of bugs that remedied by scrolling up and then down.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You can start by FIXING THE CAUSE OF THE RECURRING EFFING CRASHES!!!

The frequency of crashes I experience with Excel for Mac Version 14.7.2 (170228) has reached EPIC status! I also experience the unexplained crashes in my Word for Mac program. With a bajillion dollars supporting you people, one would think you could fix these errors! But NO....it's been going on for over 5 years now, through many MANY updates and to no avail. Either you people are intentionally trying to send me to the edge of going postal just for kicks and giggles or you are MORONS. Which is it?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base