Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to create Waterfall charts on MAC version as is possible in Excel on Windows

Add Charts to allow for better ways of smartly analysing or visualising your data, like Waterfall charts! Why is this only in the Windows version?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. What has happened to filtering? If I filter now I end up on row 5000+ and have to scroll to the top to find the filtered data.

What has happened to filtering? If I filter now I end up on row 5000+ and have to scroll to the top to find the filtered data. This was never a problem in 2011. For folk who have to do a lot of filtering this is a massive pain ;( Please, please fix it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. conditional formatting in pivot table - widget

In windows you get a little widget to select data and ignore sub-totals or totals in a pivot table, so you can add conditional formatting... the little widget does not pop up in Excel for Mac - can we add this in?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow INSERT of Rows in Table with Locked Columns

I would like to provide a table to a user where the formula (calculated columns) are Locked. I do this by Locking the relevant column(s) and protecting the worksheet. When I do this, the user cannot extend the table by inserting rows. It seems this cannot be done in the Windows version either. A chance for the Mac developers to take the lead!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tables : Like 'Lock Titles' also Locked footer/total row

We can lock the title from a table on top of the window, but I would be really nice to have the footer from a table also locked but then at the bottom of the window. Or de footer/total row just under the title row.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In the Filter function, please add an option "Blanks" to show blanks only in the column

In the Filter function, please add an option "Blanks" to show blanks only in the column. The blank is all the way at the bottom. Adding it at the top would help filter the blanks quickly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Filter Drop Down Menu Search Box

When invoking a filter drop down menu, can you please have the cursor start in the search box instead of the sort button? it is more usable to have the cursor there instead of on the sort button.Screenshot attached. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. fix the filter. It is now extremely slow to filter a column.

When you open the dialog box to filter, the cursor is in a useless box instead of where you can type. Once you start typing to filter, you have to wait a ridiculous amount of time between letters or numbers on a sheet with 9000 rows. And this with 16 GB of ram, 2.6 core i7, and 1 TB SSD. Filtering was much better on 2011.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can Excel also have smart decimal outline number sorting?

So 1.24.3 comes before 1.101.4 and after 1.9.14?
    Needed for all sorting in table with classifications numbered according to some standard.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Flip feature in Excel filter

There is no way to flip the filter condition selected for a column.

Ex. If I have selected 3 conditions for filter out of total 10 there is no easy way to select the remaining 7 without unchecking the 3 and then selecting the 7. It would be great if we can have a flip feature included

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Colorize the chevron above a filtered list

Colorize the chevron above a filtered column. It would be helpful if the filter box / icon at the top of a column changed color when a filter has been applied. When dealing with many columns, it would help to visually identify which data has been filtered.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Highlight rows headers of that rows that are filtered

It is hard to know if there are some columns with the filter activated, because the row header does not shows the numbers in blue, like the office for Windows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow sorting using letter-by-letter alphabetization

There are two acceptable ways for alphabetical sorting: word by word (which counts spaces as punctuation as characters) and letter by letter (which does not). Add a preference setting to use one approach vs. the other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customisable filter

It would be great to customize the size of the filter box in excel. At present I can only manually resize it, and each time I reopen the filter, I have to resize it again. It would be great if the default opened to whatever size you made it the previous time. Also would be great if the text size could be enlarged.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Toggle / Switch option under filtering

If we have large number of data in table and we want to see data belongs to few filters and then rest of the data. Say I have data for 100 cities and wanted to see data of 30 cities first and then rest of 70 cities. In first filter action I can select 30 cities and can look for its data and for rest I can just use toggle option to select rest 70 and unselect earlier selection of 30.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Needed to fix copy paste the tables from excel to outlook

Needed to fix copy paste the tables from excel to outlook without border issue

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base