Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return Features That Were Removed

Simply return the Data Form... feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AutoFilter Spacebar Selector

Like in Windows, it would be much faster to use keyboard shortcuts for things like selecting items in the AutoFilter list (i.e. using the space bar). As of today, you cannot highlight and select different items in the filter list without the mouse. Also annoying, is the fact that selections are applied instantly, causing nonsense CPU work and worse yet the window shifts in view as calculations are running. Messy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000

Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000. 10,000 is way too small when we deal with our data base. Is there maybe a way to increase this manually ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 'Contains' should be by default option selected in Filter instead of 'Choose One'

Contains could be the most commonly used option and system should allow to use this without using trackpad through shortcuts only. Cmd+Shift+F can put the filter. Then Option+DownArrow opens up filter but then there is not way to proceed with shortcut. User must have to use track pad to select the option (where I am suggesting it could be 'Contains' as default)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Embed images in cells

Users should have the ability to embed and image into a cell, so that when you sort data alphabetically, the image moves with its respective column. If google sheets can do this, so can Excel. The "move and size with cells" as well as "move but don't size with cells" options do nothing to help when alphabetizing other data in the same row.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Utiliser plusieurs tableaux pour créer un tableau croisé dynamique

pouvoir regrouper plusieurs feuilles dans un seul TCD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to be able to do filtering feature to work in Excel for Mac to stay on the same window without scrolling up the spreadsheet.

I want to be able to do filtering feature to work in Excel for Mac to stay on the same window without scrolling up the spreadsheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Filter in a different language than the Excel default's language.

Hi. I reported a problem as a question in:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection?OSMCSignIn=true&wa=wsignin1.0

Basically, I have my Excel in English language and my cells are in English format as well (UK). My subscription is Norwegian. I have the dates in my spreadsheet and when I filter it, Excel shows the months in Norwegian. The date is displayed as 23/02/2019.
    But, when I change the cells formatting to 23/Dec/2019, the filter works properly, displaying the month names in English.

That's what I found.

Rgds,
    Sergio

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AutoFilter Dialog box is worse in 2016, the tick boxes don't stay in one place

1) The tick boxes change locations depending on how many items you have selected. If you have one or two tick boxes selected the tick boxes are lower down because the "Equals" rows above have been filled in. If you have 3 or more tick boxes selected then there is just a single blank "Choose One" row. It makes it very difficult to select a bunch of tick boxes because the location of the tick box jumps around. This is new behavior from Excel 2011.

2) The cursor is in "Choose One" empty box rather than in the "Search" box.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring back "Remove Duplicates" calculations in the dialog BEFORE executing.

I tested with version 16.16, when selecting the range and clicking Data>Remove duplicates, it opens a window asking you to exclude any columns, but it does not show any calculation.

When I tested with older version i.e. 15.41, when doing the same Data>Remove duplicates, I see the calculation. See attached images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add current selection option to the filter for Mac when searching filter items

When searching for items in a filter I'd like to be able to add the current selection to the filter like in Excel Windows.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Filters on mac like on windows

Select what to filter and then click ok to actually filter without being calculating while selection is made.
    Same process on mac os like it is on windows, avoiding multiple calculation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow search in slicer

Allow search in slicer

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pivot Table Auto-filtering

When doing a search in a Pivot Table, the data is not not get auto filtered as it does in a non-pivotable Filter. After you type in the search item you then have to uncheck the select all box and re-select the checkbox of the item you are searching for to filter the data. Please fix. Thank you.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reapply Filter

Add the reapply filter option as seen in the Windows version. If you filter on an item and change the cells value so it no longer meets the filter condition then the reapply action should refresh the filter results based on the current cell value and remove the recently changed cell from view.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to copy (or paste) 'visible cells only' when copying/pasting from a filtered range into a column of empty cells

This option did not seem to work at all, and would just paste a few headings ignoring the filtered data.

(2016-06-20 Dan [MS]: updated title to match Win32 title)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pourquoi ne trouve-t-on pas dans Excel 2016 la possibilité d'user des formulaires ? C'est une régression par rapport à Excel 2011 !!!

Pourquoi ne trouve-t-on pas dans Excel 2016 la possibilité d'user des formulaires ? C'est une régression par rapport à Excel 2011 !!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix recent update. Filtering a date column no longer works!

The filter function for a column of dates has stopped working with a recent Excel for Mac 2016 update. Tip/clue: if you delete one of the dates in the column, the filtering again works as normal & expected.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base