Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pivottable - Repeat Item Labels

Hi, there is an important function missing in Excel for Mac ... the repeat item labels in pivot tables. ¿Could you please add this function asap or tell me how could I do this? I really need it in order to copy and filter pivot table data. Regards, Tais

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't get PivotTable time grouping to work..

In older versions of excel I can easily "group" a time column and summarize it by day, month, etc. In Excel 2016 I can no longer get this to work with any data sets so far. Grouping the data just results in a "dumb" group with no summarization features.

I've found documentation of the "auto-grouping" feature for time in Excel, but this never seems to function or appear on my Mac....how can I replicate the legacy function??

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In PivotTable add the option to show subtotals only for rows OR only for columns, as is possible for grand totals.

In PivotTable add the option to show subtotals only for rows OR only for columns, as is possible for grand totals.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. % of Parent Row Total and % of Parent Column Total

Allow in Pivot Tables to calculate the percentage of items as part of a subgroup.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. F3 paste range name functionality for defining range in Pivot table range definition

Paste range name dialogue box opens in general worksheet functionality, but does not perform when defining range in pivot table range selection.

This short cut is invaluable for rapid multiple pivot definition.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pivot Table Field List Improvements Request

For the Pivot Table Field list, can you please have the option to make this dockable on the right like in windows excel? Please increase the size of the field name box. it starts off so small or allow (like in windows excel) the option to have the field boxes aligned vertically. Thanks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Select all within pivot table filter drop down search

In Windows you can select a filter drop down on a pivot table and search for something and select all. On a mac, when you search for something you then have to check all items matching the criteria.

Example: I want to filter by month and I have each day of the month in my filter field name. If I search "Aug" for "August" I then have to check August 1 - 31 rather than being able to just select all within the search.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Opening .cub files to let us work on B.I. basis

As many people who works in a Business enviroment, I face off daily data files coming from DBases on Winservers machines.
    Our Dbase export B.I. files with .cub extensions, who can be easily opened and analized with Excel 2010 or above. We have licensed Win and Mac 2016 versions, but Mac users cannot open .cub files...
    Webought Excel for that, and we won't sell our Mac for Win PCs, so why buy MS appplications if they don't work on a Mac? For simple tasks, Libreoffice works great....

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove all subtotals on pivot tables

Add a checkbox for removing all subtotals on a Pivot Table like Windows Excel. It's frustrating to remove subtotals from each item individually.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base