Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't use Myanmar Unicode, Pyidaungsu Font on Mac's Excel

In word and powerpoint of excel, we can use the font easily. But in excel the font is always misplace.

Please find the solution for that.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting about this issue. It would be very helpful if you would provide more information and screen shots to show how the words appear in Word and PowerPoint so that we can see the difference in Excel.

Also, if you could provide a small example of the keystrokes that are used to enter one of the words on a US English keyboard (set to Myanmar or Myanmar QWERTY), it will be very helpful.

2. Make Excel for Mac Exactly the same as in Windows

Make possible to see toolbars with colored Icons ,(same as in 2013 version) and also the option to place it bellow the ribbon.
    There are many missing functions, that are not available in Excel for Mac

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Changes to VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP

I suggest 2 changes in Vlookup/Hlookup:

A. VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP functions user can only search for the lookup value in the first column/row, and the result column/row is always after (right/bleow) the lookup column/row.
    I suggest to make it more flexible by letting the user decide which column to search in and which columns to retrieve the value from.

B. Sometimes user need to drag lookup function to several columns and needs the column index to be incremented, for example to be 3 in the first column, the second column to be 4 and so on, I suggest to add new parameter…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add PowerPivot to mac

Add PowerPivot to mac.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gradient Cell for Excel Mac

To have compatibility for Windows & Mac suggested to have gradient fill for Excel Mac as well.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In Excel for Mac, fix the issue that the characters on the formula bar get corrupted when pasting a folder name in a cell

Copying a folder name and pasting it in a cell may not be a common operation, but sometimes we do so.
    Therefore, it would be great if you could fix the issue that the characters on the formula bar get corrupted in the operation above.
    This issue has not been fixed for a long time and is always reproducible.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save As... Location

To have a different version of a file I used to open it, edit it, then Save As... rename hit enter, but I'm very surprised that it is not saving it in the same location of the first vesrion, instead it is saving it in the last used folder of saving.

please I need it to remember the current location of the current file, and when Save As... is used it should save it in the same location of the current file.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Key Commands

Can you create Key Commands for the following:
    Add a ROW
    Add a COLUMN
    Delete a ROW
    Delete a COLUMN
    Insert COPIED cells

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change Default Currencies in Dropdown Menu Excel

It would be extremely helpful to be able to change the default currencies I see listed in the dropdown menu for currencies.

I'm in the EURO zone. Microsoft has decided I see GBPound/Euro/RMB/CHF which makes no sense to me! I never EVER use the Swiss Franc or Chinese RMB, while the USD is not in there... ????

It should be such an easy software adjustment to select your own currencies (and order) of which currencies show in the dropdown menu. Why have currencies in shortcuts that do nothing to help the user?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. import XML

There is not way to import and map XML data to excel for mac

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Data Validation to hold New dynamic Arrays function in Validation list

Current Scenario
    While using the dynamic arrays formula in data validation list is not returning the arrays values, we need when enter the dynamic arrays formula in a column then call the arrays using # in data validation

Requested Solution
    Allowing user to use the dynamic arrays formula in the data validation directly instead of using the helper column.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. money in excel

Money in Excel Manual Accounts

I have a couple accounts that I use that aren't currently supported by Plaid, specially T-Mobile Money, Apple Card, and cash (yes, paper money!). Adding manual accounts and transactions would be a nice interim solution while waiting for support for these accounts.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open docum

When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open documents. Unchecking the option Close windows when quitting app in the General tab of Mac System Preferences, the Office 2019 for Mac doesn’t reopen the files that are previously opened either. This was never a problem before, but this new feature seriously interrupts my work flow. Please restore the functionality that made it possible for documents to automatically reopen upon restart. I hate trying to remember what I was working on and dig through stored files to reopen…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dark Mode as simple and easy just like outlook!

Outlook has that button to instantly switch backgrounds to match dark mode and it is extremely helpful when working at night. The bright white excel workbook makes it painful to use at night.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Autosave to work with iCloud. (Not everyone has OneDrive!)

Please can you enable Autosave to work with the Mac's Cloud solution, iCloud. Although I personally use OneDrive, I don't want my excel files saved there. I have them all saved on iCloud or locally on my HD. Users should be able to select which cloud service they wish to use for Autosaving. (including other wider providers).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Refresh a power query

Allow Mac users to refresh a Power Query that gets files from a folder (and was created with windows).

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Money in Excel - Download all Transactions

Money in Excel is a great add-in and look forward to updates and additional sheets. Firstly lets allow us to go back and get transactions further. Have options for dates such as ALL transactions or from beginning of certain year.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base