Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changes to VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP

I suggest 2 changes in Vlookup/Hlookup:

A. VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP functions user can only search for the lookup value in the first column/row, and the result column/row is always after (right/bleow) the lookup column/row.
    I suggest to make it more flexible by letting the user decide which column to search in and which columns to retrieve the value from.

B. Sometimes user need to drag lookup function to several columns and needs the column index to be incremented, for example to be 3 in the first column, the second column to be 4 and so on, I suggest to add new parameter…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add excel form on Mac

pls. add data entry form in excel in Mac asap.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. import XML

There is not way to import and map XML data to excel for mac

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gradient Cell for Excel Mac

To have compatibility for Windows & Mac suggested to have gradient fill for Excel Mac as well.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Data Validation to hold New dynamic Arrays function in Validation list

Current Scenario
    While using the dynamic arrays formula in data validation list is not returning the arrays values, we need when enter the dynamic arrays formula in a column then call the arrays using # in data validation

Requested Solution
    Allowing user to use the dynamic arrays formula in the data validation directly instead of using the helper column.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change Default Currencies in Dropdown Menu Excel

It would be extremely helpful to be able to change the default currencies I see listed in the dropdown menu for currencies.

I'm in the EURO zone. Microsoft has decided I see GBPound/Euro/RMB/CHF which makes no sense to me! I never EVER use the Swiss Franc or Chinese RMB, while the USD is not in there... ????

It should be such an easy software adjustment to select your own currencies (and order) of which currencies show in the dropdown menu. Why have currencies in shortcuts that do nothing to help the user?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Refresh a power query

Allow Mac users to refresh a Power Query that gets files from a folder (and was created with windows).

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Save As... Location

To have a different version of a file I used to open it, edit it, then Save As... rename hit enter, but I'm very surprised that it is not saving it in the same location of the first vesrion, instead it is saving it in the last used folder of saving.

please I need it to remember the current location of the current file, and when Save As... is used it should save it in the same location of the current file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have UNIQUE() optionally ignore blanks

The new UNIQUE(), SORT() and SORTBY() functions are incredibly useful and they save a lot of time. It would be helpful though to allow UNIQUE() to optionally ignore blanks. I use UNIQUE() to build named arrays dynamically which I can use as a validation list for data validation. At the moment I have to create the list (e.g. SORT(UNIQUE(<some column in a table>)) and then created a Name using OFFSET() to ignore the blank at the start of the sorted list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make userform available for MacBook

I can’t create VBA since userform is not available in MacBook

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Key Commands

Can you create Key Commands for the following:
    Add a ROW
    Add a COLUMN
    Delete a ROW
    Delete a COLUMN
    Insert COPIED cells

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customize Touch Bar

Please add the option to "Customize Touch Bar" for MacBook Pro's. It's usually found under "View" in just about any other application, but unfortunately not within Microsoft Office products.
    While Excel does have a set of standardized Touch Bar buttons, you can't change them to what you might use most often, rendering it fairly useless.
    Apple has had a Touch Bar feature since 2016 so it's not exactly a new feature. I understand that Apple is a competitor, but please put the "Customize Touch Bar" feature into your products!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. speak cell feature

in speak cell feature when we select the words it only reads the words in english if it could be possible to read the words in other languages or it could convert the words in other language it would be helpful for the people to understand the words more easily,or like for exmpl-i have taken a sentence and have ON the speak cell it says in english but the same sentence i want it in hindi or other language it would be easy for the lister to understand the things more in an easier way.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add in tabbed browsing for workbooks like the plugin "Office Tab Plugin"

Add in tabbed browsing for workbooks. The tabs at the bottom for worksheets are great. But I would like something similar for the tons of workbooks I always have open.

The plugin Office Tab is similar to what I need. https://www.extendoffice.com/product/office-tab.html

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Is anyone having issues running Excel Office 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time

Is anyone having issues running Excel 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time whether opening an existing doc or creating a new one. It worked perfectly with Mojave.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make toolbars in Mac same as in Windows , with colored Icons

Make possible to see toolbars with colored Icons ,(same as in 2013 version) and same as in office for Windows 2016, and also put the option to place the toolbar bellow the ribbon.

Added to above comment, There are many missing functions, that are not available in Excel for Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make office for Mac , same as in Windows

Make possible to see toolbars with colored Icons ,(same as in 2013 version) and also the option to place it bellow the ribbon.
    There are many missing functions, that are not available in Excel for Mac

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Excel for Mac Exactly the same as in Windows

Make possible to see toolbars with colored Icons ,(same as in 2013 version) and also the option to place it bellow the ribbon.
    There are many missing functions, that are not available in Excel for Mac

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base