Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Formula Evaluation (Auditing) doesn't exist for Mac?

I know, I know...Mac Users are different, but it doesn't mean they can't benefit from clear insights to their Formulas.

Alt+T, U, F in Excel for Windows gives a step-through window for evaluating a given formula. This isn't an option on Excel for Mac. Is there any work being done to enable it? Just wondering also why such basic functions for maintaining workbooks wouldn't be available across platforms.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks.

BPC.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ADD creating & edditing UserForm in Excel VBA for MAC

it is not possible to creating or editing UserForm in Excel VBA for Mac.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Excel Data Model for Mac users

Allow mac users to work with Excel Data model.

Now it is only avaiable for PC users.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add excel form on Mac

pls. add data entry form in excel in Mac asap.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chapter Creation

Chapter Creation

Select a group of spreadsheets and form with them a kind of chapter, with the same color as the guide. So when you click on a chapter all spreadsheets are available for viewing (as is current Excel) and those that don't belong are collapsed (hidden) within your chapter. In the attached file only the yellow tabs would appear and below them the chapter names. When you clicked on the Green chapter the green tabs would be displayed and the others hidden. It's a way of working with multiple linked documents within Excel with a clearer view of spreadsheets…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Is anyone having issues running Excel Office 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time

Is anyone having issues running Excel 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time whether opening an existing doc or creating a new one. It worked perfectly with Mojave.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make userform available for MacBook

I can’t create VBA since userform is not available in MacBook

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Plot markers centred (instead of offset)

Since Excel 365 (Mac) plotting circle markers (and other) are offset from the real data. See attached image "Excel2019.jpg". The center of the markers should be exactly on the red line, but they are not.
    This was fine in Excel:mac 2010, see attached Excel
    2010.jpg.

Obviously something has changed significantly in the Excel plotting functionality which causes this issue.
    The problem is not directly visible if you plot the markers only, but in my case I have to plot lots of line graphs including markers, and the markers are offset from the line, so it looks like the data…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customize Touch Bar

Please add the option to "Customize Touch Bar" for MacBook Pro's. It's usually found under "View" in just about any other application, but unfortunately not within Microsoft Office products.
    While Excel does have a set of standardized Touch Bar buttons, you can't change them to what you might use most often, rendering it fairly useless.
    Apple has had a Touch Bar feature since 2016 so it's not exactly a new feature. I understand that Apple is a competitor, but please put the "Customize Touch Bar" feature into your products!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. improve the filter function in excel for Mac - make it work the same as with excel for PC

improve the filter function in excel for Mac - make it work the same as with excel for PC

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add PowerPivot to Mac excel

is it possible to open an existing Windows Power Pivot Excel on Mac?

I have already created a Power Pivot Excel report on Excel 2013.
    Now i want to use that report on mac.Is there any way to do so?

2,632 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

582 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Excel 16.29 for Mac the solver doesn't work...

Solver shows in the tools but it doesn't work after bing selected.
    Please solve it !!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mac OS update to Catalina

Just ugraded to Catalina and now unable to use my Office package, contacted Microsoft and been told I need to pay and upgrade to 64 bit version, Catalina does not support 32 bit. I was happy with what I had and previously paid for. This is ridiculous surely office packages should be supported and future proofed against OS updates,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Excel 16.30 for Mac has a bug that inhibits the printing of comments at the end of the sheet

Comments can be seen on screen as show comments or if print as displayed is selected then they print but overlay the spreadsheet. the option to print at end of sheet is available in the page set up but if selected the comments are not shown in print preview and do not print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create equal functionality for Mac users such as Power Query.

Allow Mac users to access all add-ins such as Power Query. We are paying the same price but getting inferior service.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Temporary stored files during saving Excel file cannot be deleted on NAS - .xlsx.sb

since the update to Mojave, Excel documents store repeatedly (not all files) temporary folders which are not deleted on NAS when one opens them with Microsoft Office 2016. This behavior seems related to the content within the Excel files. It looks like that as long as no diagram is saved in the Excel document the associated temporary file will be deleted as intended.

But if diagrams ore a more complex document structure is being created in the documents, then apparently not only temporary documents but folders are created during saving. After closing the document, you can no longer delete the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Return Features That Were Removed

Simply return the Data Form... feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. sheet tabs

Allow user to specify location of sheet tabs (top, bottom, left, right)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base