Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. free 7z password recovery

A couple of days back I lost my 7z file password. I searched for 7z password recovery methods on Google . I tried some of the 7z password recovery software that were there in the market but to no avail. Then one of my colleagues suggested that I use PassFixer 7zpassword recovery software . The software provides the user with three methods for free 7z password recovery. First method is brute force attack which allows the user to recover the password if the user remembers the different characters used and the length of password. Second one is a mask attack…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recover lost 7z zip file password

PassFixer is the one stop solution software for recover lost 7z zip file password. The software has a 100% risk free installation. The user does not require installing third - party software’s for using this software. It has a great graphical user interface. Only with a few clicks you can retrieve your password and that too in a few steps. Overall the Fixer software is awesome.

Know More - Recover lost 7z zip file password
    https://www.7zpasswordunlocker.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. break 7z file password

PassFixer 7z password remover tool can break 7z file password with the applying brute force attack, mask attack and dictionary attack. This software smartly unlock password protected 7z file password without restriction and changes. For recover 7z file password just try this software and get instant result. Software can supports all versions of Windows up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit).

Read More - break 7z file password
    https://www.passfixer.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. PassVare 7z unlocker tool

Very easy to use for every user even though user is a technical or non-technical person. I think this is the best software to open password-protected 7z file without any risk. So, I suggest to all users go with “PassVare 7z unlocker tool” (main link) to unlock password from 7z file. This 7z unlocker tool is very reliable to use and get back your password instantly. The most important thing is it recovers password without damaging saved data and I can also add my possible password combinations in this program which saves much time. Overall this 7z password recovery software…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Excel found a problem with one or more formula references" - Please tell me where!

One of my least favorite messages that Excel provides is:

"Excel found a problem with one or more formula references in this worksheet. Check that the cell references, range names, defined names, and links to other workbooks in your formulas are all correct."

But I can never find the bad references. It's usually buried somewhere very deep, in a chart series formula, or in a name definition, or who knows where else.

If Excel finds a problem, please Excel, tell us where it is.

293 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow sheet name to minimum 100 charecters

allow sheet name to minimum 100 charecters

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TELL ME WHERE THE FORMULA REFERENCE ERRORS ARE. TELL ME WHERE THE FORMULA REFERENCE ERRORS ARE.

I swear to god. "Excel found a problem with one or more formula references in this worksheet" could only be more annoying if it actually wiped your hard drive and then forced your computer to kick you in the face. It still comes close. First of all, don't tell me there's an error every single new entry. Guess what, I'm looking for it. But I can't find it. Why is that? Well, secondly, and I want to scream this, TELL ME. WHERE. THE ERRORS. ARE. TELL ME. TELL ME. The entire reason for Excel's existence is to be able to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zimbra to Office 365 Converter

I would like to introduce you all with this Zimbra to Office 365 Converter software that can easily convert multiple Zimbra files to Office 365 account with attachments without losing any data. It can also transfer emails, calendars, briefcase etc. from Zimbra to Office 365 using a single click.

Read More: https://www.kdetools.com/blog/migrate-zimbra-to-office-365-directly.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Konvertierungswerkzeug von Zimbra zu PST

Der Benutzer kann Zimbra stapelweise in das PST-Format konvertieren, um Zimbra-Dateien im PST-Format zu speichern.Die Software Zimbra to PST Converter kann eine große Anzahl von Zimbra-Dateien im Batch-Konvertierungsmodus konvertieren.

Lesen Mehr: https://www.kdetools.com/blog/free-methods-export-zimbra-to-pst.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. to make excel free

i will describe my idea is that there are people out there that wants to use the app but cant because they cant pay for it as for me im a student who wants to use the app for free because the payment is alot and a suggest that this should have a separate option for students to use and adluts to use that should be fair.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Conversor de Zimbra para Office 365

Em caso afirmativo, tente este Zimbra para Office 365 Converter Software é a melhor solução para você. Ele migra com segurança os dados do Zimbra para o Office 365 sem nenhum erro de dados.

Leitura Mais: https://www.kdetools.com/blog/migrate-zimbra-to-office-365-directly.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twenty years of stupidity

Missing calendar (don't talk about pseudoActiveX from VB5/6)
    Missing Pane and Tabs for (opened) workbooks (file trees).
    Stupid Ribbon and real XML editor/tool for that (yes, only 13 years :-D), customization for idiots with callback. No, VS does not solve the situation.
    Stupid ComboBox for Data/Validation without mouse rooling and real-time search

You need ExcelVoice Forum for all above? Yes, year 2021 is the last :-)

So, maybe is the time for support WPS Office, OnlyOffice?

I am a lecturer, a developer, and now - hater. For this, and for "AllPowerToys" (successor to stupid PivotTables). Power FX as the future…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Herramienta gratuita de conversión de PST a MBOX

De esta manera es tan seguro convertir archivos PST en formato MBOX a través del software perfecto PST to MBOX Converter y la herramienta permite reparar archivos PST corruptos, restaurar elementos eliminados, incluidos todos los correos electrónicos, contactos, calendario, tareas, notas, etc. formatos como PST, EMLX, MBOX, PDF, HTML, MSG, etc. y es compatible con todas las versiones de MS Outlook y versiones del sistema operativo Windows.

HAGA CLIC AQUÍ: https://www.kdetools.com/pst/mbox/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. NSF to PST Converter Software

Simply get the assistance of this instant program of making NSF file conversion name as SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software. Through this tool, you can easily repair all NSF file corruption errors and also can convert the NSF file into multiple working file types. A free demo version of this software is also available of this software to simply convert the NSF file with selective 25 items from per mailbox to PST or another file format free of cost. It offers to convert the NSF to PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX, Gmail, YahooMail, Zimbra and Office 365 etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OST to PST Converter Tool

I'd like to discuss something about to PDS OST to PST Converter Tool, which Exports OST to PST format with ease. This programme works with all versions of Microsoft Outlook. It support MS Outlook version like 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, and 97 To assess the exhibition of this program download its free demo version that allows you to change over 30 messages into PST, Office 365, EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML and PDF.
    Know more info- http://www.perfectdatasolutions.com/convert-ost-to-pst.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. using best password recovery software PDS

PDS excel password recovery software is the powerful tool to recover all the excel file password using best password recovery software PDS excel password recovery software recover all the excel file password using best password recovery methods. PDS excel password recovery software recover any encrypted password of the excel file.

Get Freeware to click here- http://www.perfectdatasolutions.com/excel-password-recovery-software.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why isn't xlookup available for Excel 2019

Xlookup should be available for older versions of Excel or at least for versions from 2016 and 2019. How come it is not available for these versions is my question.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. get data from online services

Business users should be able to get data from their SharePoint have sold us SharePoint to limit this feature to enterprise users is unfair

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. NSF to PST Converter

Lotus Notes NSF to PST format can be opened and converted by using the SysInspire NSF to PST Converter application. After the conversion of the files, it becomes quite easier to open the file in Outlook version. These tools do not create any difference inside data while importing data from NSF to Gmail accounts. It has very specific features which can help the users to Export/Import NSF file to Gmail account via technically. It has various types of file formats such as- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX, VCF, CSV, ICS, Zimbra, Gmail, Yahoo and Office 365 etc.

Read more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Office 365 Vision impaired Options

Office 365 Apps should have a setting that changes the apps them selves for people with vision problems. The Accessibility features work on a document basis but what I'm look for is something that changes the apps it self.

For example I should be able to go into my account profile and select that I'm vision impared and then the web apps and desktop apps will all be in a suitable format.

For example in Excel the formula bar is always a grey on grey color sceme, even if I go to dark mode or black mode its grey on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base