Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inventory data sheet

I want to multiply data in column c by data in column d and have the formulas decend down the table without having to type in the formula in each cell
    so I can create an inventory sheet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop asking to save changes if nothing has changed

You open and Excel file and look at it for a moment then click Close. Excel pops up a dialog "Want to save your changes?". I didn't change anything! Please stop asking to save changes when nothing has changed. It confuses the user.

This is made worse if I've has that spreadsheet open for a long time and I don't remember if I changed it or not. Or worse, there may be other people working on the same file and if I say "Save", I overwrite their changes.

I heard that this has to do with Excel saving the current…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Graph axis labels should support subtext and supertext

In the picture, the graph axis titles come from O15:17

The cells have supertext in them, but this does not transfer to the axis labels

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. vlookup till

VLOOKUP( ,,,0) - Exact match
    VLOOKUP( ,,,1) - Approximate by excess
    PROPOSE => VLOOKUP( ,,,-1) - TILL - Approximate by default

Example: if the values are till 100 then 0% discount, if the values are till 500 then 1% discount if the values are till 900 then, 10% discount and if the values are till 1100, then 15% is discount?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In the Stock lookup list add current annual dividend and dividend period.

In the Stock lookup list add "current annual dividend" and "dividend period - monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual)".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. would love to be able to view another tab of the worksheet on split screen

would love to be able to view another tab of the worksheet on split screen

dual monitors are great but would love to somehow view another tab of the worksheet while working on 1 tab see the other on my other screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable Macabacus Productivity Add-in Compatibility - Home & Office 2019

Macabacus is a productivity suite that really cuts down on my work time because they allow you to cycle through precedents within a formula (by using arrow keys) so that whenever you click on a precedent cell within the formula, you can choose to be taken to that reference cell automatically (any tab throughout the workbook) and continue auditing the formulas in the precedent cells.

However, I've spent hours trying to incorporate this Add-in into Excel, but I think there may be some sort of issue with the 2019 Excel Release. I'm an advanced user and just purchased Excel 2019…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create iszero function

Please create ISZERO and ISONE function.

All the spreadsheets I've ever used use flags (1's and 0's), which are comprised of complex formulas that return 1's and 0's depending on the cells referenced by the formula.

For example, in the leftmost cell of a row, I can have a formula that reads: =IF(C25>=$C$5,1,0). I then I copy this formula horizontally across 40 adjacent cells horizotnal, and depending the values of adjacent reference cells (C25, D25, E25), I will have 1's and 0's throughout the row in which I create the formula.

I then proceed to create more complex periodic formulas…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring dividend data for the Stocks data type

In addition to stock price data, bring dividend data for the stocks

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Colar Especial - Valores Únicos

Ao copiar dados de uma coluna com vários dados repetidos.
    Como temos a opção com o botão direito do mouse de Colar Especial > Valores, poderia ter uma opção de Colar Especial > Valores Únicos.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I use 2 monitors to avoid printing, could there be a ruler that I can put on top of my data to help me follow along?

It would help in editing and avoid printing if we could have a ruler that would go over various apps, like a PDF, Excel or Word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable Power Query to Get Data from Excel workbook stored in SharePoint Online document library

Excel Power Query does not provide an Excel workbook stored in SharePoint Online (SPO) document libraries as a data source. In response to Community discussion, Microsoft suggested a work-around to sync the document library that stores the data source (Excel workbook) with OneDrive for Business, then Get Data from the ODFB copy of the data source. That works, but not for our use case.

Our use case: We are a very small company with only 1 power user who is proficient with Excel power tools. We want that user to develop the Excel workbooks (that use power tools) that would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Thanks for rearranging all the ******* commands today. I like the extra time I spend re-locating things I commonly use. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to deselect cells with ctrl+click in Office 2016

How is it possible that this was "accidentally enabled" in Office 2016 and now they turned it off? How is it not a basic function already?
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Excel/Unable-to-deselect-in-excel/m-p/363008/highlight/true#M26886

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Increase the 32,767 charachter limit per cell

When using the WEBSERVICE function to call API data, it is very constricting to what this function can do if a single cell can only contain 32,767 characters. If the character limit was increased or there was a way to go around this limit that would make working with files that have more that 32,767 possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. False value within an if function is a negative number. How do I change the number to the color red?

False value within an if function is a negative number. How do I change the number to the color red?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When creating a data validation drop down box, allow use of list, already created at File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists

I've already created a list at: File, Options,Advanced, Edit Custom Lists... Why should I create a new list for my data validation drop down? Why not allow me to use the list already created?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base