Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Correct function Cell (Filename)

The CELL function and the FILENAME function work incorrect with the most recent update (version16.0.13127.21064). In the previous version this function show the path is through the computer, and not through the URL link, if the files are One Drive. Please correct this function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Budgeting with Money in Excel

Can you add a budgeting function to the template Money in Excel? Tracking my transactions is great, but being able to assess if they align with a monthly budget would be ideal.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A Between Value Function

Instead of just having the "AND" function, have a Between function. It would work like this: BTW(Value1>2, Value2<10, if value is true, if value is false)
    So if 3 different referenced cells data is 1,2,10
    Then the results would look like this: False, True, False
    The function would look like this: BTW(A1>=2, A1<10, "True","False")
    The key thing being the ability to produce a value for true or false functions without the use of another "IF" or "IFS"function to help out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a better way to display dates in a pivot table drill down result

I use pivot tables daily and often have to drill down into the data to understand some additional details or context but one annoying 'feature' is that the date column is never expanded to display the whole date.

Please could this be looked at as it is very frustrating to have to resize the field every singe time I drill down.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Excel found a problem with one or more formula references" - Please tell me where!

One of my least favorite messages that Excel provides is:

"Excel found a problem with one or more formula references in this worksheet. Check that the cell references, range names, defined names, and links to other workbooks in your formulas are all correct."

But I can never find the bad references. It's usually buried somewhere very deep, in a chart series formula, or in a name definition, or who knows where else.

If Excel finds a problem, please Excel, tell us where it is.

291 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why isn't xlookup available for Excel 2019

Xlookup should be available for older versions of Excel or at least for versions from 2016 and 2019. How come it is not available for these versions is my question.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. NSF to PST Converter

Lotus Notes NSF to PST format can be opened and converted by using the SysInspire NSF to PST Converter application. After the conversion of the files, it becomes quite easier to open the file in Outlook version. These tools do not create any difference inside data while importing data from NSF to Gmail accounts. It has very specific features which can help the users to Export/Import NSF file to Gmail account via technically. It has various types of file formats such as- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX, VCF, CSV, ICS, Zimbra, Gmail, Yahoo and Office 365 etc.

Read more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The user name should be removed from Office apps title bar for security reasons

Say you work while traveling on a train. Someone wants to know who you are for whatever reasons. If your name is in the title bar of an application or the user name on the logon screen, giving away your credentials that easily... User credentials should not be disclosed in title bar of office applications and there is really NO sensible reason to show them on the title bar. Fancy true, safe nope. Remove it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get rid of cross workbook history

If I have two workbooks open but a single workbook focused, don't share the change history between the workbooks. I don't want to undo the workbook I don't have focused. Why would this ever be an expected behavior when change history is usually tied to the desktop window and not to some shared process in the background?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 100% best to unlocking 7z password recovery

100% best to unlocking 7z password with the valuable tool PassFixer 7z Password Recovery software. open 7z file password-protected file from any length or language of the password. The software supports all 7z file versions and Windows OS. User can also go with 30 days money back guaranty when they not satisfied with the software performance. The most outstanding program can work well with smart recovery techniques that can fully be protected from viruses.

Read More:- https://www.passfixer.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a non-printing line character

Create a character that can be used to identify (in Column A) if Excel should output a line for printing or suppress it. For example in the days of Lotus 123 a double vertical line was used.to suppress a line from printing "||".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve Meiryo UI font

If you are using Excel for Windows 10 version 2004 and try to write in the vertical texts with Meiryo UI, some characters are not becoming vertical writing. For example, “-” should be “|” vertically, but it actually won’t be vertical text.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Toggle leading zeros

I would love to see a toggle setting to turn on and off stripping leading zeros from numeric varchar data imported from external sources. Excel automatically strips leading zeros. Sometimes I want this to happen and sometimes I don’t.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. STOP AUTOMATIC MOVING DOWN WHEN ENTERING

EVERY TIME THERE IS A NEW VERSION OF EXCEL PUT ON MY COMPUTER - AT HOME AND WORK - THE CURSOR AUTOMATICALLY MOVES DOWN WHEN I HIT ENTER. LET PEOPLE CHOSE THAT IF THEY WANT TO. BUT LEAVE ME OUT OF IT!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable 'Show Items with no data' in pivot tables build via data model

The show items with no data selection in Pivot field settings is available in Pivots created in the normal manner, however, when creating pivots using the data model this selection is no longer available. The implication is that if no data exists for a certain selection the structure i.e. column headings are removed and I need them to remain. I need to use functionality given in the data model pivot tables and do not expect a trade-off in loss of other functionality.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add the ability to paste pictures directly into a cell

It would be very helpful to have the ability to paste an image directly into a cell in an Excel file. And then within that cell you can still resize the image so that your row/column isn't a crazy size. That way when rows or columns are grouped together & collapsed then the image would also collapse with the designated cell.

I work for an interior design firm and my company uses Excel for all of our Furniture, lighting, Art & accessory procurement. We need to include images in these documents to send to clients, trades and for installs. When…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Being able to merge rows only or columns only within a selection.

On selecting a set of cells (multiple rows and columns), having the ability to merge all of the cells in each row or each column would be useful.

I have to do this when setting up table headings. Where the headings may have a master and sub heading for some columns, the rest I have to select and merge cells in all of the other columns one column after another to get this affect, so that centering in height or width then looks better,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. NSF to PST Converter Tool

Best ever SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Tool easily convert NSF file PST, MSG, EML, and HTML formats. This software provides the best facility to split large PST files into small PST files. With the help, this software user can Export NSF files to PST Outlook files along with its complete properties & attachment, etc in less time. You can use NSF to PST Converter Software that can easily convert NSF files to PST file format. This is the best and perfect applicant ion that performs multiple conversions like NSF file into PST, EML and MSG format.

Read more at:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Separate Excel windows shall not share an UNDO buffer.

Sorry Microsoft, but you really blew it in the 2016 update. Separate Excel windows used to be separate Excel windows. Now they share the same buffers for Undo, copy/paste, and highlighting. This is really limiting when working comparatively on two spreadsheets.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enstella Exchange EDB to PST Recovery Software

Download this Enstella Exchange EDB to PST Recovery Software which is 100% well qualified and talented to do it safely export and convert damaged Exchange EDB file as well as you will proficient to save all recovered Exchange mailbox items into PST Outlook file format with original details. This EDB to PST file conversion utility gives the authority to the user to simply Export EDB items like- emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, appointments, and journals to several different file formats such as- PST, EML, MSG, and HTML.

Get freeware to click here-https://www.enstella.com/edb-to-pst-conversion.html

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base