Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Default Percentage Settings

When you click the Format as Percentage button on the Home Ribbon, it formats with 2 decimal places. No one in the entire world ever uses 2 decimal places for percentages! I know, I have asked them all :-).

Please make it 1 decimal place by default, or better still allow the user to easily set their own default settings for each of these format number buttons.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Jeff Zhang (MSFT) responded

Dear Excel User

Thank you very much for your time and passion in submitting this feature request. We are doing our best to respond to suggestions that get at least 20 votes. However, we are closing ideas with fewer than 5 supporters that have had no activity for more than 60 days, with the intention of freeing up your votes. Please resubmit your idea if you think it’s super important.

Thanks,
    Microsoft Excel Team

2. Excel bothering

Do you know my blog
    www.excel-nervt.de?
    Sorry, it is written in German - but there you find about more than 300 Items of strange things, bugs, contradictions, bad translation, bad design, ... in Excel.
    On the page "Schade / geht nicht, Leute" (sorry, but it dosn't work, guys) I mention about almost 100 items, that people like to have, but there not inside Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

As Kenneth mentioned, we like to track one item per idea. Please open ideas for any of the items in the list below that you’d like to have voted on by the community.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

3. To improve the voice functionality in order to "talk" with Excel

It would be great to talk with Excel in a more efficient way than now, in order to use voice as a keyboard short cut.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Excel User

Thank you very much for your time and passion in submitting this feature request. We are doing our best to respond to suggestions that get at least 20 votes. However, we are closing ideas with fewer than 5 supporters that have had no activity for more than 60 days, with the intention of freeing up your votes. Please resubmit your idea if you think it’s super important. 

Thanks,
    Microsoft Excel Team

4. Text to Column Options, foreign text

Is it possible to split by using a foreign language text?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Excel User Thank you very much for your time and passion in submitting this feature request. We are doing our best to respond to suggestions that get at least 20 votes. However, we are closing ideas with fewer than 5 supporters that have had no activity for more than 60 days, with the intention of freeing up your votes. Please resubmit your idea if you think it’s super important.

5. Bring back the chart wizzard

The chart wizard made it much easier to pick chart area and to chart data transposed. I'm sure it's possible to chart transposed but I no longer know how to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base