Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager window adjustable

Can the window on the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager be able to be adjusted so I can see more of my rules?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. money in excel

Allow for future cashflow view. It would be great to see if I have enough money in a single bank account for the future transactions I have for the month (or further into the future). This allows me to see my future cashflow predictions which are not like having a budget. This is the one single feature that Tiller doesn't have, Money in Excel doesn't have and I have jerry-rigged in YNAB. This would include a view by bank with a balance column. I created this myself by adding a tab and using a combination of the 'unique' and 'filter'…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Date picker button for excel in offfice 365 for Windows 10 64 bit

I am so surprised that there is no Date picker function available in Excel 365. I see that this function existed and has been removed. this makes no sense to me what so ever. This is what has been pushing me away from Microsoft. This is why I have stopped using One note ( due to feature removals) and seek other options as you just cant rely on such thing.

I feel less protective of Windows/ MS at home and hence Apple and Google devices have started replacing MS specially by Kids. Surface pro 4 was highly disappointing. So now…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STOP TRYING TO FUCKING_GUESS WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO. YOU DO_NOT_FUCKING KNOW.

STOP TRYING TO FUCKINGGUESS WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO. YOU DONOT_FUCKING KNOW.

DO YOU FUCKINGPIECES OF KNOW HOW ANNOYING IT IS TO HAVE SOME SOFTWARE POPULATE IN A CHART OF DATA THAT YOU FUCKINGBITCHES THINK I WANT BUT REALLY HAS NOTHING TO FUCKING_DO WITH WHAT I WANTED? THEN I HAVE TO DELETE IT AND SET IT UP THE WAY I ORIGINALLY GOING TO DO AFTER UNDOING ALL YOUR BLID IGNORANT GUESS WORK. **** YOU.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please provide the feature of tracking the changes made by co-authors in word, excel and powepoint

Please provide the feature of tracking the changes made by co-authors in word, excel and powepoint

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. HOW about unfucking the copy and paste in excel today? FUCK_YOU MICROSOFT.

HOW about unfucking the copy and paste in excel today? FUCK_YOU MICROSOFT.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Track changes request

Request is to enhance the track changes

1- Give us the possibility to track changes on specific sheet.

Often we have a sheet for data processing and we do not wanted to track changes on that specific sheet.

2- Track changes only in a specific area of a sheet

Same as previous but apply to a specific region of a sheet as not the whole sheet need to have changes to be track

3-Have the history sheet always visible

To see history we have to go inside track option and enable the track sheet, in intensive review session we would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Money In Excel- AutoCategorize Transactions

I'm still figuring out how Money in Excel auto-categorizes merchants. I'm assuming it's based on merchant MCC codes.

It would be wonderful if categorization could be done with a simple vlookup based on merchants listed on a separate tab.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Edit history with username on every cell

when you share a file with multiple users and they edit multiple cells with different values. It would be great to have a "Cell history" which will show us the edit history of a particular cell by any users. Information like what they changed and when they changed it (with username). This feature is available in Google sheets and its amazing to keep a track of whos changing what.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a CHOOSECELL function

Add a CHOOSECELL function. It should look like this: CHOOSECELL(columnletter,rownumber) and it will give you the cell you chose.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. excel Chinese Conversion

1、when using the Chinese conversion function, there always a window pop out showing "Your workbook is not saved. You may not always roll back to where you are after conversion", even click "Don't show this dialog again", it still popped out every time I click convert.
    2、When you choose a box in the excel, click convert, it will convert the entire excel, but I only want to convert the one I choose. Only if I choose two boxes, this function will apply to the two I choose, it is strange that I cannot only choose one box.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Money in Excel: monthly reconciliation

Money in Excel template: I'd like to be able to do a monthly reconciliation against the monthly statement from my bank. I see there are templates for reconciliation. Could one of them be integrated into the Money in Excel template?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scroll to "Last/First sheet" buttons

The current way of navigating sheets is slow and strenous, the "Scroll to last/first sheet" buttons were available before next to the " scroll to next/prev sheet" buttons then they have been removed.
    So, please bring back the "Scroll to last/first sheet" buttons.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. XLOOKUP to return the multiple match if result found

Currently we have FILTER Function which can return multiple result in a array.. but extending the Power of XLOOKUP by adding the 7th Argument to return the multiple match in array form.
    By default it should return only single value but the 7th Argument can allow us to return all the multiple match.

If you like the idea please VOTE & SHARE it to make it happen 😊

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I think that arrays should be able to pass in expressions

In Excel there has been a bunch of Array work done. I think we should be able to pass expressions into an array...

Something like this:
    ={sum(1,2,3),count(1,2,3),average(1,2,3)}

so that I can dynamically generate a spill out list of expressions or perform a "lookup" function to dynamically select an expression to run within a cell by array position

=lookup(2,{sum(1,2,3),count(1,2,3),average(1,2,3)})
    this expression would evaluate like this:

=lookup(2,{6,count(1,2,3),average(1,2,3)})
    =lookup(2,{6,3,average(1,2,3)})
    =lookup(2,{6,3,2})
    =3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. XLOOKUP to return an array of ranges

Currently XLOOKUP can return an array of return values, given an array of search values, OR a range corresponding to a single search value. Like other functions, it does not return an array of ranges but, rather, truncates the calculation.

This may have been acceptable in the past when the expectation was to copy formulas across to return values that logically form an array. As dynamic arrays receive increasing use, the expectation will change and the failure of a range to spill will be far more problematic.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. improve Power Query extracting data from multipage-PDF

Power Query is great and finally can import PDF - me and my clients were hoping to get that from PowerBI for a long time! Thanks a lot.

But: multipage PDF files often have headers/footers on each page. Frustrating: you have to import and combine every single page.

Please improve extraction and combining of multipage PDF, perhaps in the same way 'get files from folder...' works.

Please vote!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Money for Excel...

My husband and I each have our own account at the same institution (2 different account #'s but 1 institution). It would be nice If I could set them both up.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please introduce Split formula, uniqueifs, countuniqueifs, flower bracket functionality (see description)

Please introduce Split formula, uniqueifs, countuniqueifs, flower bracket functionality for example =UNIQUE({Z:Z},{A:A})

Also, please upgrade the protection similar to Google sheets or rather launch all Google sheet functions here as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Active cell border

Please put a red border around active cell so it may help people with eye problems see better.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base