Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save work books to external hard drive

to have a tab to save to external hard drive for quick access and not go thru all this clicking. I hope this helps others as I need it bad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insert in general option the possibility to select the angle format: when we use a trigonometric formulas the radiants are very unconfortabl

Insert in general option the possibility to select the angle format(radiant or degree): when we make trigonometric formulas, the radiants are very uncomfortable. Why not use the decimal degree?? The formulas would be much shorter and the work would be the best!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Excel to use the selected default voice set on the Windows control pannel.

A default voice can be selected on the Windows control panel. However, the specified voice is not used by "Speak Cells" or within a VBA application using Application.Speech.Speak Being able to change the default voice would permit VBA application to be written for use with a foreign language application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Concat being replaced by ERR!

I use concat dutifully because I understand that it will one day replace concatenate. However, I have saved my spreadsheet to OneDrive and then shared and concat calls were broken. Replacing those calls with concatenate is the workaround.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hebrew Lunar Calendar functionality to Excel Date Formulas, Functions and Calculations

Neither Excel nor Access work with Hebrew dates; date functions are Gregorian and where there is support for other calendar types, Hebrew Lunar is not one of them. Even though mastering the complexity of the Hebrew Lunar calendar is a HUGE task, Outlook has offered the Hebrew Lunar Calendar alongside the Gregorian (regular) Calendar for several years now, DRAMATICALLY enhancing the value and use of its calendar and task functionality. Could the Excel Team consider it for Excel? Perhaps collaberating with the Access team could allow both programs to have improved functionality?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to filter data that has 10,000+ unique data points. I was on with your tech support and they said excel only recognizes the first.

I have a spreadsheet with over 40,000 rows. One of the columns includes customer full name. I opened a case b/c when I went to filter on this column, it was only showing me the first 10,000 rows :-o Your tech support told me excel has a limit of the first 10,000 unique datapoints. I couldn't even filter out the blanks :-o This is crazy to me. Please fix this so I can have the same sorting capability in a file with 40,000+ rows as I would a spreadsheet with 10 rows.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Charts and graphs should auto align and snap when you're dragging them like autoshapes in PowerPoint do

. It would make it easier to align several charts or graphs in a spreadsheet.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Number format incorrect for durations from Power Query

Data formatted as Duration in Power Query will get number format d.hh:mm:ss in Excel, which looks fine for durations between 0 and 31, but in fact it the duration is interpreted as date/time in Excel, so a duration of 1 day is 1/1/1900 in Excel, a duration of 32 days is 2/1/1900.
    As the day part of 2/1/1900 is 1, a duration of 32 days in Power Query will display as 1.00:00:00 in Excel.
    Furthermore any negative durations end up in error in Excel.

My suggestion is to apply decimal number format (or just "General") to durations from Power Query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. merge cells without loosing their value

when merging cells, top left cell will contain its value while other cells will loose it. there should be an option in merge cells functionality to keep their values. there is a workaround for this however a straight simple command would be good

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Find and Replace window bug

Double clicking the titlebar of the Find and Replace window in multi-monitor setups is buggy—sometimes the window disappears and can't be brought back without restarting Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A simple thought make the slidebar on right a very different color than

A simple thought, make the slidebar on the right of spreadsheets a very different color than the fields so on a large file it can be easily spotted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cell format issue

For some reason this happens when I highlight a column of cells that are in general formal and what to change them to currency... I right click to change format and select currency, but the result is in number formal instead. I have to right click and select format cells again to select currency for it to work. This has happened to me multiple times and so I think there may be a small bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like to print set all sprdshts, remove zeros and gridlines in workbook in one step.

I use spr sheets to record info monthly, each spr sheet in a workbook is one month. I would like to be able to print-set, remove zero values and grid lines all in one step. Perhaps if I could right click on workbook and choose an option that says every spr sheet use same settings (list off settings as options) as sheet 1 in workbook. Also if every spr sheet could have the option to be different from that workbook options that would be great for a summary sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Word style numbering and formatting

While it is possible to number rows using the ROW formula, it would be nice to have the type of Numbering available in Word to give an easy way of doing list with levels in Excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. resolve problem istance

i have a problem with istance on my PC.
    When i open a file with macro, excel use 3 GB Ram an my pc work more slowly. i have see that this is a problem with multiple istance.
    can you fix it??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel Freeze option not work, while d file convert 2 HTML. PLz Solve..

Excel Freeze option not work, while d file convert 2 HTML. PLz Solve..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Drop down list

to select Drop down list from (data validation ) from any different sheets in the worksheets . not only from the sheet that has information on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base