Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Atom TechSoft Excel Password Recovery Software

Atom TechSoft excel password recovery software is the one of experienced tool for excel password recovery because this application has long experience from years .It opened/unlocked locked excel sheet very easily with help of its smart technique .Support all version of ms excel 2016,2013,2010,2007,etc .

For more go here and get application :- https://atsexcelpasswordrecoverysoftware.wordpress.com/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New paste retention breaks ctrl y (redo/repeat)

The new copy retention on Excel is great, I can copy something, do work, then paste something without the copy being forgotten.

However this breaks redo (ctrl-y) feature, in that if I paste something (ctrl-v), then insert a new line, and then press ctrl-y, I would expect another new line to be entered as my last action, however the paste is repeated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search function in excel

Can there be a search bar in excel so that I can search all the functions there instead of clicking each tab to find them?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move or Copy Tab Function

Instead of having the (move to end) function at the bottom of the list, either move it to the top, or perhaps create a check box for this function and place I under the existing Create a Copy check box

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Correct the shading of cells in the Page Layout view

At present, cells are shaded very incorrectly in the Page Layout view, which seriously limits the usefulness of this view. For those of us who use this view frequently, this bug is a major problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bugs with new Excel

a office where everyone just updated to the new excel . They said they have 3 new issues with this update. They said when they are normal mode they have no headers ( this one might be normal ) , when they are in page mode they have no colors , and when they add a column and type in letters and hit tab it blacks out the whole row

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cambiar de Mayuscula a Minuscula

Buen dia

Existe un complemento que utilizo para la cambiar textos en mayuscula a Mayuscula en la primera letra y minuscula, como en Word,
    Favor tener en cuenta
    Al consolidar varias hojas, por ejemplo de estado financiero de cada mes, cada mes tiene una dos o tres cuentas nuevas. Al consolidar no me presenta las cuentas adicionadas ni el texto de las cuentas solo el codigo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a means of sending a screenshot of a problem in feedback

Screenshot does not work in feedback and there is no way of activating it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Excel format problem.

My colleague save an excel file in share drive where there are some columns having smaller font size (eg. font 9) for all cells.

When the other user open and save the files, the formats of these columns will be changed that it becomes 2 formats for each cells.

The first character looks to remain unchanged using the smaller font size, while the other characters are changed to larger font size.

So, when I applied font 9 again for all cells, and save again on that machine, the problem appear again..

But when I changed the font to 12, problem…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Correct faulty selection functionality (column/row/cell).

As an example, if I'm selecting 25 non-adjacent columns for copy/pasting and I accidentally click a column I do not want, there is no way to unselect that column. While holding shift, if you click that column again, it stays selected while shading itself darker. It seems to me the programming is simply adding an additional format:25% darker, 0or whatever the actual shade argument is). Instead, have the program determine the clicked range's selection status, and change it's selection status to the opposite. If not selected, add it to the selection. If already selected, remove it from the selection. The…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Title not showing in File > Open

When saving an excel file and adding a Title Attribute to it, it should be visible to the box that opens when I go to File > Open > Browse. As of now, it's not showing the title that I've created rather, it would only show in the Windows Explorer.

Please refer to the photos attached.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. None of the New Excel 2016 Functions are Available

I bought and downloaded the most recent Office 2016 package. I was looking forward to testing out all of Excel's new functions, but I was surprised to see that a number of them were not available. For example, I am unable to use the new minifs, switch, or ifs formulas. I saw some people had noted online that they were having the same issue. I have installed all updates and I am not sure what is going on but I am very disappointed. Can anybody help me solve this problem?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Recording macro gives Run-time error '9' Subscript out of range when it is runned (bug in recording macro)

I want to copy an existing sheet, rename it, and make the tab color of the new sheet "No Color". I've recorded a macro to do this, but when I run it, it errors. Run-time error '9' Subscript out of range. Debug highlights this line: .ColorIndex = xlAutomatic

The macro runs fine when this line is changed manually to:
    .ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone

This bug exists in all Excel versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Double click to replicate formula in rows is cool, can we have something similar for columns please?

As per title really...I teach the double click trick to replicate formulas down a column in Excel and the students love it but they then always ask "Is there a trick to replicate across the columns?" I always answer "No and I'm surprised there still isn't!"

Can we have something similar for columns please? Perhaps something as simple as Ctrl+double click or Shift+double click on the replicate/autofill handle/square?

Thanks.

Keith
    MCE | MOS Master Instructor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stop forcing us to use One Drive and quit removing functionality

PLEASE stop forcing us to adapt to One Drive and stop removing functionality options such as pinning folders in the Open & Save windows. You're adding hours to days and forcing thousands of extra clicks to get to points we use on a daily basis for decades. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of suggestions on these boards that you help us use your products as a tool to to our jobs, instead of conforming to how you see the world. Please go back to serving your clients instead of dictating to them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. xls corrupts upon opening after last update

since the last update, xls files open, flicker, then report either as corrupt or crash excel and (Protected) mode. the file may or may not ever open after this. this only happens on systems with the latest updates installed. having another user save the file as xlsx generally works. this impacts companies that have been using your products for decades. you surely cannot expect us to never be able to open old spreadsheets because you want everyone on 2016 and subscription based. i am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is a programming error.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. alternating ranges used in various formulae (ie to sum every third row =SUM( alt( 3, a1:a100) )

It would be nice to have a simple way to express ranges that miss out a regular arrangement of irrelevant cells between the start and end point of the range.

e.g. rather than having to manually enter

(a5,a10,a15,a20,a25,a30,a35,a40,a45,a50)

instead i could use ALT(5,a5:a50)

VERY USEFUL where data for relevant calculation is interspersed with titles or cumulative totals or whatever

modified ranges (or bespoke arrays) expressed in this way could then be used within all sorts of other formulae

e.g

index(ALT(2,a1:g1),match(b1,alt(3,d2:d14,0))

rather than

index((a1,c1,e1,g1,i1,k1,m1,o1,q1),match(b1,(d2,d5,d8,d11,d14),0))

which would not only save time and effort, but also allow some new things to be achieved…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CountIf/SumIf criteria: easier way to represent blank cells and multiple match comparisons?

To the best of my knowledge, when using CountIf(s)/SumIf(s), the comparison criteria can be a cell reference or a string
    =Countif(A1:A100,B1)
    or
    =Countif(A1:A100,"=Sample")

There are other comparisons for which it is hard to create a working syntax; for example, wanting to count the number of cells that are blank
    =Countif(A1:A100,"=") or =Countif(A1:A100,"=" & """") ...
    or multiple different matches
    =Countif(A1:A100,OR("Cat","Dog"))

This can instead be addressed using other formulas like Sumproduct, or an array formula, but I've always wondered why that second parameter doesn't allow a more sophisticated comparison, like
    =Countif(A1:A100, IsBlank(A1:A100))
    or
    =Countif(A1:A100, Len(A1:A100)=0)
    Really, allowing any other formula that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base