Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the old, sleek and graceful interface back.

The new look, the last little while is harsh and ugly. Even a wonderful font like Comic Sans MS looks jagged and nasty.

Truthfully, I want the whole graceful lok back, on screen and in printouts, but I will settle for simply going back to rendering what I see on screen in a polished way, not like a 9 year old kid might (or a comic book artist from the mid-80's on). Lord, what's next in this development? Is white space going to suddenly start to be pools of black and shadow artfully forcing your focus to the whatever in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preciso ter excel em português

Ter excel em português. é uma boa ideia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get numbers back to Most Recently Used instead of "Y3"

In the last update of Word, Excel and Powerpoint the Most Recently Used file list has changed with respect to shortcut keys. Instead of being able to use "Alt+F => R => [number 1 to 9]" you have to type "Y3" to get the first file in the list. This is completly useless and in no way an improvement.

Please bring back the ability to number them from "1" instead of "Y3"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Re-enable custom QAT icon creation

In past versions we could easily create custom icons for macros assigned to the QAT. Please bring this feature back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include option to kill "Control" Quick Analysis menu

I'm tired of holding down control to execute multiple commands, and if it is held down for more than a split second, it moves to the Quick Analysis pop-up and I have to hit Esc and start over. A small annoyance but a real one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add support in VBA to reference COM add-in. Specifically want to use this to access the analysis services API.

Add support in VBA to reference COM add-in. Specifically want to use this to access the analysis services API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. C'mon folks, update the formatting option popup preview images from XP!

I have no idea if it's intentional, but the popup when you hover over formatting (and other) expansion arrows (see pic) is still a screenshot from XP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. date pivot

Presently, when using a date field in PIVOT, Excel automatically group data in years, quarters and months. It would be extremely useful to also have a grouping in weeks, provided that somewhere you've the possibility to set the default week type, like the weeknum formula.
    The week grouping is useful, for instance, when you want to monitor sales by week, weekly production schedule, users call per week, etc.

Thanks you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. X-Axis of charts should not be truncated for Column/Bar and similar charts

Microsoft Excel automatically truncates the VALUE Axis or X-Axis of charts when the variance between the lowest and highest values of the DATA is less than 20%.

While this truncation is desirable for LINE charts where the purpose is to depict trends, this could be misleading for charts such as COLUMN charts or BAR charts where the main purpose is to show comparison among discrete categories.

Some illustrative pictures are given in the post below

http://www.excelnaccess.com/truncated-x-axis/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop changing everything and just be Windows/Office. You're not Android or Apple and that's okay. You still have fans but you're making us i

Stop changing everything and just be Windows/Office. You're not Android or Apple and that's okay. You still have fans but you're making us incredibly frustrated. Stop auto correcting and anticipating (poorly) my every move. I have big fat desktop pc with a mechanical keyboard. I have dual monitors that are one way displays not giant touchscreen smartphones for your god awful Win 10 format. I like it this way and I'm not alone. Is stealing a few new customers from your competition worth all the trauma you are causing to your base? You own the market. You are not cool…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep the center of the view while zooming; add an overview

Changing the zoom factor also changes the actual view limits. Often you jump to a completey different cell and get lost. It would be great to keep the actual selection, either cell or shape, centered while zooming.

Maybe an overview could help with a red frame indicating the actual view limits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shapes are distorted when printed. The height-width ratio on the printout is smaller than on screen view.

A circle is printed as an oval, a sqaure is printed as rectangle, always loosing height in the printout. Seem sto be influences by the screen resolution used. When I copy to WORD and print then there is no such distortion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option for Excel to ignore saved print settings. Or use the default printer/tray (like Word does)

At the moment I need to print to multiple trays on my printer, but Excel currently saves everything and only lets me print to one tray.
    I wish there was an option for Excel to ignore any saved print settings and just use the Windows Default printers settings and trays.
    (Word has this option, but excel doesn't)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow worksheet wide custom formatting to be easily saved or moved across workbooks

A lot of executives I have worked with over the years like very specific formatting - e.g. yellow backgrounds for all numbers, everything bold, and all negative numbers to be in brackets instead of numbers.

An easy way to develop a personal library of custom workbook formats would be very good - or simply a way of copying custom formatting rules between workbooks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Добавить запрет редактирования ячеек на одном листе разным пользователям

Есть необходимость чтобы на одном листе работали разные пользователи в режиме общего доступа, при этом чтобы например: Васе был доступен один диапазон ячеек, а Пете другой диапазон, т.е. Пете недоступны для редактирования ячеейки Васи.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change default for new 'Share' function in Excel 2016

When I click the Share button on the top right, aside from it being a little slow, I would like to customise the default option that's presented.
    You currently are given the options:
    -Anyone
    -People in your organisation
    -People with existing access
    -Specific People.

When I click it I am defaulted to 'specific people', whereas more often than not I am sharing a document to a Group member who already has access rights, but needs to be pointed in the right direction.

I realise this isn't the case for everyone, but it would help m y workflow a lot to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base