Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Highlight Column Bug

Attached the sample file, with freeze panel at Column C.
    Try browse the column further right till any Column W for example, and stop at beside Column C.
    Click to highlight whole Column W
    Then hold it and quickly drag the mouse to Column C, which try to highlight few Column backward from Column W.
    But the highlighted column will start from more right side of column and slowly reverse back to Column W and only continue to Column V onward..
    If not, try to drag few more time from different column, which must beside Column C, and don't drag…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preciso ter excel em português

Ter excel em português. é uma boa ideia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include option to kill "Control" Quick Analysis menu

I'm tired of holding down control to execute multiple commands, and if it is held down for more than a split second, it moves to the Quick Analysis pop-up and I have to hit Esc and start over. A small annoyance but a real one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Drag and drop from task bar

When right-clicking on short-link in task bar, recently used files are shown. I suggest a drop and drag function for these files (as in Windows 7/Excel 2013)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Search function in excel

Can there be a search bar in excel so that I can search all the functions there instead of clicking each tab to find them?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. size

I would love to see MS adding some tools to manage the size of the excel documents. I have some excel documents that is huge in size for no reason. I don't know how to invistigate the cause.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make ******* Office actually WORK!!!! What the **** is going on???? Microsoft take money from my bank account every month, and I'm constant

What the **** is going on???? Microsoft take money from my bank account every month, and I'm constantly been told my subscription is expired???? For **** sake it's really ******* my off. ALSO the whole office on-line, **** thing, is very slow, I mean really slow, and its **** all to do with my broad band or hardwear, its YOUR SOFTWEAR, i had the same problem back in the 80's my whole ******* day wasted waiting for windows to re-boot. Get yr **** together, or im gone to apple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change the order of calculation from "left to right" to "right to left"

We can read from http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsc.htm that Excel seems to recalculate from left to right, top to bottom.
    Hence, the usual advice is to design a sheet that way.
    People who think this is logical often produce worksheet with charts located at the bottom right, or anywhere in the sheet. When I receive that kind of worksheet, I have to locate the damned charts.

I don't find this very efficient.

My logic follows somewhat the Reverse Polish Notation (RPN), i.e. I have always one chart per worksheet, at the top left of the sheet. Charts data are close to the chart…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to select predifined perfils

If you select: civil engineer or chemical engineer, financial, medical, artist, etc... you will see the functions most used by the seleted discipline, having to the hand symbols as Pi, Radio, diameter, divitions, guitars, books, probete, etc... , Formulas and other things quickly , whitout looking for hundred of options and loosing time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office programs stop responding for many seconds after pasting text from IE/Edge

Pasting a text in Office programs, that was copied from IE or Edge, is not instant and in the case of Excel takes more than ten seconds for it to be pasted and Excel will not respond during that time either. Word suffers from this too but not to that extent.

Pasting a text that was copied from e.g. Firefox is instant and does not cause Excel to not respond.

You can contact me for further information and I can even show you videos of it happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow The Filter to Search All Lines of a worksheet

Love Excel 2016, but find it limited in the way I work....Delighted that worksheets have so many lines.
    Frustrated that column filter will only filter about 10,000 lines, why have a great worksheet program that falls short when you need to filter and search columns....I for one need to filter search the entire worksheets. No good at Macros to complicated.
    Please Help.

Regards Ian.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Aggregates to continue to display in the status bar of two instances of excel when clicking either instance

If Book A and Book B are shown in two Excel processes, then the aggregates will continue to display in the status bar of Book A (and you can show a different set in the status bar of Book B).

The ways to start two processes is:
    • Start > Run > excel /x, open Book A
    • Start > Run > excel /x open Book B

I would like to have this feature added to Excel by just opening two instances of excel instead of having to start two excel processes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let me pick the color of Office Top Bars

There are colors that don't show up in a field of other colors. For instance in Excel the "Redo" and "Undo" are blue. I can barely see them in the green Quick Access bar of Excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back the ability to have separate instances of Excel, where you can have a macros running on more than one spreadsheet. Give a choice

Bring back the ability to have separate instances of Excel, where you can have a macros running on more than one spreadsheet. Give a choice both in the menu-driven opening of new workbooks, or in VBA

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Combinar Celdas, aumentar la utilidad del comando

COMBINAR CELDAS debe ofrecer la posibilidad de mostrar en el nuevo bloque sólo el contenido de la primera celda o el contenido concatenado de todas las celdas, sin eliminar el contenido real de cada celda, el cual se mostrará nuevamente al deshacer el bloque. Lo anterior potenciaría enormemente las prestaciones del comando.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Insert a word type sheet with fields that could be easily be linked to cells in other sheets.

This way you could easily make extensive reports based on the results calculated on the sheets without any VBA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. launch on screen keyboard automatically

New Feature Request for Office 2016: Automatically launch onscreen keyboard when physical keyboard is disconnected. Only Word 2016 does it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You could include a shortcut to limit the number of lines

You could include a shortcut to limit the number of lines, because the current standard is over a million and some desktops and notebooks even though they are new, even lock with blank cells. It would be nice to be able to lock the amount of line needed to accompany the spreadsheet we work with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. seriously..when are requested features coming?

So many people are requesting features and its like nothing ever gets added after years. It reminds me of Windows 10 Creators update. Please we want more useless stuff no one asked for and ignore actual useful requests. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open several files at once.

I'd suggest to add a check box in the File (open or recent) tab to open more than 1 file at once. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base