Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel 2016 is not responding.

I am using licensed copy of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. My Excel 2016 is running two slow and stops responding frequently. Further, on a particular worksheet, it is taking more than 2 seconds to move to next cell. I am unable to resolve this typical behaviour.

Unable to attach Excel File : too slow

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS EXCEL AND WORD problem .. It is opening very slow when starting

MS EXCEL AND WORD home and student 2016 problem .. It is opening very slow when starting
    After 01 file opening then work speed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Validate cell values before triggering recalculation

Currently, when a value is entered into a cell, Excel will recalculate all downstream dependent cells before checking if the value is valid according to Data Validation. If the value is invalid, this recalculation is for nothing, since the value must be changed or removed anyways. If the downstream calculations are slow, then the user needs to wait unnecessarily before they can correct their entry.

Please check the validity of a cell value before triggering the recalculations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Where to complain? Excel 2019 Woefully slow on tiny spreadsheet

I've got a s/s, same as my last 13 years, self employed, 3 sheets, sales, purchases and cashbook. It's no bigger than any of my oprevious year's similar spreadsheets.

I just copied a single row, got so bored for it to update, i went downstairs and got a beer, came back, still not updated - copying one single *** row!! - went for a , came back and finally it had managed it.

What the **** is wrong with you people? I know Excel inside out - there is nothing clever or complicated about this spreadsheet - and it's tiny…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please unfuck the help tool. I don't want it to obscure the document I am looking at.

Please unfuck the help tool. I don't want it to obscure the document I am looking at.

I don't want useless results the explain nothing or have no relevance to the function or information I am looking for.

GO FUCKYOURSELVESYOUPIECES OFSHIT_AT MICROSOFT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to migrate Exchange to Office 365

There are several reasons why we should migrate from exchange server to office 365. Some of them are like reliability, enhanced security features, reduced hardware and software maintenance cost etc. but first we have to migrate all our organization data to office 365. To do so we have various methods available. You can use any of the method depending on your business requirements. However the third party tool EdbMails Exchange Migration is more suitable as it ensures successful migration process without any data loss.

office365-migration

This tool doesn’t require any technical expertise as it is has very simple interface and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Convert Same workbook reference Formulas into values by one click

Many of the times our sheet got hang when we try to paste formula into values by using paste special on large data.

here we can give a button which can convert our formulas into values with multiple range selection like if we do not select any range than it should work for complete sheet, on other hand if we select a range than it should work on that range only, because for the last rows we leave the formulas as is so that for preparing next day report we don't need to use the formula again we only paste…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. create a sound notifaction everytime a document is updated in excel.

Example: When you receive a text message it pops a notifaction on your phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to remove animations so Excel 2016 runs calculations as fast as Excel 2010 did!

My company just updated from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 / Office 2016.

Excel 2016 is so slow compared to Excel 2010! I have a few large spreadsheets doing complex aerodynamics calculations then plotting charts of the results, each chart using multiple series. Input data is set and changed with various ActiveX or Form controls (e.g. toggle buttons, sliders, tick boxes, drop-downs, etc) linked to cells.

With Excel 2010, when I made an input change, all the charts would update almost instantly. Using the same files with Excel 2016 there is a horrible ripple effect as the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. WHY_THE_FUCK_ARE YOUR DOPEY_FUCKING_"TEMPLATES"_ALL OF A SUDDEN TAKING UP THE TOP SECTION OF THE FILE DROP DOWN? MORE USELESS_SHIT_FEATURES

WHYTHEFUCKARE YOUR DOPEYFUCKING"TEMPLATES"ALL OF A SUDDEN TAKING UP THE TOP SECTION OF THE FILE DROP DOWN? MORE USELESSSHITFEATURES

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Problems

My Excel program is having problems.
    when using WPS Office files can be opened, but when opened using Microsoft Excel files cannot be opened. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem is not resolved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GET YOUR FUCKING_UPDATES_AVAILABLE NASTY-GRAM OUT OF MY FACE.

GET YOUR FUCKINGUPDATESAVAILABLE NASTY-GRAM OUT OF MY FACE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Typing in My Office Products is Very Slow. Lag in movement

Typing in My Excel and other Office Products is really slow and its lagging very much and is annoying. Why this is happening? I have bought the Microsoft Office 2019 Pro edition. But its not serving the purpose. Kindly help me with the issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When an existing document is change and is to be "save as", there is actually a box that it can be named!Additionally, when there is a print

I don't understand why an excel document can't be named and print as with window 7; why so difficult??????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Row level calculation for tables

When we have very large tables (formatted as tables) with many fields with some heavy formulas, excel becomes slow when writing a new record because it recalculate the whole table every time.
    It would be very good for perfomance if in the calculation's option there would be an option that allows excel to calculates only the row of the table where you hit enter or where you modify data.
    Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. shyam

good

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dictate feature could be added to Excel for Quicker Data entry which would be helpful

If Dictate feature could be added to Office software like Excel, data entry could be faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)