Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. selecting multiple cells

I want to be able to select multiple cells.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Any Performance bench mark data between E2016 and Excel 365?

is there any bench mark data between Excel 2016 and Excel 365?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please release a hot fix for Excel opening multiple sheets at start up

For the last two months, Excel opens multiple workbooks upon starting Windows. I am up to date so can you please review and fix in the next office update? Please and thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. FIND & REPLACE FOCUS

PLEASE ADD AN OPTION TO USE FIND AND REPLACE LIKE VERSION 1902 Build 11328.20420. In our accounting world the feature was extremely handy. Now that I have to use extra steps every time I want to enter a new value in the Find and Replace Dialog box our tasks add at least 30 minutes a day on. I'm sure there is a reason you removed the feature however, giving users the option would benefit everyone. Thank you!

Dihao Guo MSFT has replied to your question FIND & REPLACE FOCUS in Microsoft Community.

Hi MJAMES44330,

Sorry for my late reply. Appreciate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 'Enable multi-threaded calculation' as a Globally managed feature as opposed to Application managed feature

Much like this says in the subject, we run a server environment and it would be much better for our system resources (and others would benefit from this too) if we were able to globally manage this feature of Excel. This would allow us to prevent users from manually making it so their Excel files use more cores than we want them using and hogging resources in environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide for Always on Top

Need a feature so you can open another app and work with Excel at the same time. Right now when I click on another app Excel goes away. I need to have both apps open at the same time and be able to work on both of them while I see both.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Left/Right slider bar at the top too?

Hi there,
    How about a Left/Right slider bar at the top too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel devrait posséder une deuxième clé de tri

Souvent je crée des applications avec 5,6 ou 7 niveaux de tri.A l'usage par la suite, de temps en temps, je veux vérifier quelque chose et pour des tableaux assez grands je n'ai pas d'autre choix que de noter sur un petit papier mes 6,7 clés opérationnelles, de mettre ma clé de tri provisoire, puis quand j'ai fini mon contrôle de remettre mes 6 ou 7 clés opérationnelles. Aussi je propose qu'il y ait dans XL une deuxième clé (secondaire) de tri qui neutralise provisoirement la clé principale pour faire ce genre de travail ... parce qu'au 21ème siècle ce…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Surface numeric keyboard stays on the screen instead of going back to qwerty screen from cell to cell.

Format surface touch keyboard that so the numeric keyboard can stay on the screen instead of going back to qwerty screen when going from cell to cell. It used to do this, but one of the recent updates changed it. I was hoping it was a glitch and would be fixed, but it hasn't. I do a weekly liquor inventory and have to push &123 button over 600 times to input numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to remove animations so Excel 2016 runs calculations as fast as Excel 2010 did!

My company just updated from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 / Office 2016.

Excel 2016 is so slow compared to Excel 2010! I have a few large spreadsheets doing complex aerodynamics calculations then plotting charts of the results, each chart using multiple series. Input data is set and changed with various ActiveX or Form controls (e.g. toggle buttons, sliders, tick boxes, drop-downs, etc) linked to cells.

With Excel 2010, when I made an input change, all the charts would update almost instantly. Using the same files with Excel 2016 there is a horrible ripple effect as the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add save capability in Power Query

While working in Power Query the save option is not available and the autosave feature is disabled, thus we need to "close and load" the query, wait for the query to load and then we can save.
    When sometimes the application or computer crashes, we can lose hours of works.
    The possibility of saving the workbook while working in Power Query would be good

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Excel Tab's option & Hung up Excel

Add Excel Tabs, what we use now days in the browsers. I think that will be very helpful to whoever works in the multiple excel files and try to move next excel with ALT+TAB. And unsaved data excel tab with highlight or asterisk sign, should be inbuilt.
    Secondly, When we run huge data calculate in one excel and another one want to do something else, from the current excel situation we can't do that, until the 1st excel finished calculation. There we waste out time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Low inventory Alert

Have Excel link to a message alert to let me know about low stock showing in a spreadsheet. Conditional Formatting works if you are looking for it, but what if the alert triggered a message, a note or an email to alert me to low stock?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel processor Bug - 99% usage

There is a bug with the processor usage, which extends up to 99% in some special situations.
    Since the latest version of the semi-annual channel, there is a new bug, which is also in the latest version of monthly channel.
    When you are opening a new excel sheet and copy one or more cells then you can start playing a little "processor-game". On the bottom there is a slide control, when you push it to the verry left (over the table sheets) the processor usage will grow up to 99%, when pushing it back to the right, the usage decreases.…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom view in Excel.

Custom view function in Excel works as expected. However, switching back to Normal view doesn't work. Attached is the recording of my concern.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom view in Excel

Custom view function in Excel works as expected. However, switching back to Normal view doesn't work. See the recording of my concern here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the border color around the selected cell

I frequently use Ctrl+F shortcut to find data withing a huge spreadsheet on fast paced meeting calls. Often, the green border is not enough to differentiate the searched cell quickly, it gets lost in the field of view. Please, add a feature that changes the border color - or cell color when selected. Just make it easier to make it different so it can be found quickly. Thank you thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. office assistance

we really miss ms, office assisstance which was like a friend of all students in 90's. Why don't you again bring office assistance in msoffice. this was my fav. even if people dont use much ms.office, they will try ur msoffice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base