Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There are Duplicate Shortcuts For Converting a List into Table, Let's use one them for another functionality

A Table has a lot more functionality than a List. Although there are 6 different ways of converting a List into a Table, Excel users find it easy to do that with a shortcut. Surprisingly there are 2 shortcuts performing the same exact task:
    CTRL + T (T stands for Table) or CTRL + L (L stands for List)
    Why should we reserve 2 shortcuts for the same action? let's keep only the relatively new one CTRL + T (users are familiar with this one)
    While Assign the older shortcut CTRL + L to copying to the left (L stands…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Table Design Tab Appearance and Functionality

There is No synchronization between the Filter command on the Table Design Tab and the similar command on the Data Tab. So if you apply a Filter from the Data Tab then clear it, the corresponding Filter command on the Table Design is inactive. On the Other hand, if you insert a Slicer from the Table Design Tab ► it inactivates the Filtering commands on the Data Tab. Filter on all tabs should synchronize together as well as with the Slicer.
    Looking at the distribution of commands on the Table design Tab, I would prefer removing the Filter command from…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fusionar Células

Uma outra função que o Excel deveria ter é o fusionar células (não é mesclar). Se tiver algum valor duplicado, mas em alguma coluna ter algum valor diferente, uma função poderia unir as duas e mantendo apenas valores únicos.

Ex: A1 - japão A2 japão

B1  em branco   B2  é bonito  

a função fusionar deveria ficar assim:

C1 japão C2 é bonito

poderia ter uma função = fusion (a1:a2)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. REALLY LOVE HOW FUCKING_LESS_FUCKING USEFUL CUT AND PASTE FUNCTIONS ARE. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT.

REALLY LOVE HOW FUCKINGLESSFUCKING USEFUL CUT AND PASTE FUNCTIONS ARE. FUCKYOUMICROSOFT.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the "problem with clipboard" mess

This clipboard issue is well known to Microsoft and it can and should be fixed immediately. With all the Ph.D. programmers at its disposal, there is no excuse other than "We don't really care if you users have annoying and time wasting problems with our software. We are working on more important things and can't be bothered with trivial issues." Since we pay for Office 360, we users are entitled to product functionality, and this clipboard issue causes us problems we don't need. Please fix this issue ASAP!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GET YOUR_FUCKING UPDATES AVAILABLE BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. FUCK_YOU_MICROSOFT

GET YOURFUCKING UPDATES AVAILABLE BANNER OUT OF MY FACE. FUCKYOU_MICROSOFT.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide "Display Settings" on status bar

Hi there. I'm using multiple monitor system about this in excel 2019 on status bar shown "Display Settings" and can't hide it. I have tried everything but can't hide it. Is it possible to add "hide display setting on status bar", because it's uncomfortable for working.

thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. your program instaleld is not working!

your programm is no workinga nd too complicate

version for school
    for home
    \must register in agroup...
    are you crazy? nobody undertsand your installation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add search bar ( Excel options GUI)

I suggest to add search bar for excel options since there are so many choices, this will make Excel look more professional and familiar.

This idea can be used in case more than 20 choices will look efficient

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make the active cell more visible in a worksheet. It's almost impossible to see.

I have problems seing which cell that is active in the sheet I'm working on.
    I know that there are a lot of people having the same problem but no one has found a solution. It's extremely hard to see when the cells have borders around them.
    You don't know where you are!
    It's really hard to the eyes and gives me a headeache.
    Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. tabs invisible due to excel bug (macro warning seems cause)

My tabs are invisible due to a clear bug. I can double click in the grey space below the worksheet where the tabs should show, and then change the randomly clicked tabs' name. This also changes the view to the randomly clicked worksheet. But with 11 sheets that were visible when I made the book yesterday, I do not want to randomly find the right sheet. Takes too long.
    - closing and reopening the workbook does not help
    - other workbooks in the same excel instance do show their tabs
    - a macro warning appears when opening book and i…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Gerenciador de regras problemático

No gerenciador de regras, acredito que o botão excluir deveria estar no final à direita, longe dos demais botões, frequentemente quando seleciono alguma regra na lista de "Mostrar regras" acabo excluindo uma das regras por engano, por favor alterem isso.
    Outro ponto é, criem um botão para "desfazer" para o caso de excluir uma regra por engano, não faz sentido todo o sistema aceitar o CRTL + Z e isso não.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. force excel 2019 to open in a new instance by default

below is for excel 2016 but it does not work for excel 2019. anyone has any idea how to force excel 2019 to open in a new instance by default?

when i already open a excel and i open an excel attachment in outlook, it opens in the same instance.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/excel/force-excel-to-open-new-instance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Office feature updates available to Software Assurance customers.

Currently Office 365 versions of C2R gets all the latest updates and features based on channel but customers which require Office in air gapped environments are stuck point in time releases. Surely its about time to recognise that Office requiring constant internet connectivity isnt possible in every use case and offer updates for those that have invested in the product lifecycle just like Office 365 customers?

Example, Excel's shocking performance has been a pain point for many businesses for many years now with no fixes but as soon as this has finally been sorted out its only available to Office365…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. create a self test that Excel is working properly

A glitch crept into the program that a self test could find and correct. Please implement such a self test.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Money in Excel.

I am unable to use Money in Excel because my Bank, BECU, is not yet signed up to use PLAID.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. adding real estate into Net Worth

Within Money in Excel, is there a way to add real estate, vehicles, farm equipment, and personal belongings?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel 365 Calculating thread bug

Every time I enter a value into a cell I get a "calculating 4 threads" notification and the system starts counting up from 1%,2%,3% and so on until 100% and this process takes a hundred seconds and sometimes even more and while it calculates, Excel freezes and I cannot do anything in the file! This results in a task that should take me one hour to do, now taking me 2 hours to do!
    Same file works fine in Office 2016. I have the same issue with 3 PCs which I have tried to use Microsoft 365 Excel. Other Microsoft…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I SUGGEST YOU HAVE A TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR HELP

i suggest you have a telephone number for help with XL I am totally frustrated as I have a problem cannot get into my account and there is ABSOLUTELY NOBODY I CAN TALK TO

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel bussy issue when we not working.

Hello Team, when we stop working for few second it go in bussy or not responding mode. then we need to wait till excel wake up. some times it takes long time to move the arrow or move to next cell. in this case I disconnect network but some times it work some time it won't. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base