Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text Import Wizard needs default preference settings for delimiter, fixed vs delimited, first row etc.

This can't possibly be a new idea, but I cannot find another one to vote for.

Please add a preference for the default field delimiter in the text import wizard. In my case, the delimiter is always a comma and every time I import I mutter to myself "Tab - I have never seen a tab delimited file", and this is not healthy. When I'm old and senile muttering away to myself in my wheelchar with my plaid blanky over my kneeds, this is what I will be muttering, and I really would rather be reciting Shakespeare or Auden.

I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Option Quotes in Stocks Data Type

Recognize Option Chains (*** MM/DD/YYYY $XX.XX P) information and return option information (ask, bid, greeks).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Free EDB to PST Converter

SysInspire Free EDB to PST Converter Software quickly performs to fast free EDB File Recovery and gives you a secure platform to convert exchange mailboxes to PST Outlook file. Recently, the Software has been updated with a new feature that users can use for making the better EDB to PST Conversion. Exchange EDB Recovery Software allows users to convert selective single and multiple folders from EDB File with preserve all EDB folders structure and email formatting.

Advanced Key Features of EDB to PST Export Software
    • Automatically detects. edb location from users machine
    • Safely recover exchange EDB file emails,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upload PST to Office 365

MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool is another solution that uploads entire emails, calendars, contacts, etc. to import Outlook PST file to Office 365 account. It comes with an attractive and simple interface to provide an understandable working process to both beginner and professional users. You can even check this application using its free demo and analyze the importance of having this tool to upload PST file to Office 365 account.

Know more: http://www.psttooffice365.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring Stocks Data Type for All Office Products

Please make Stocks and Geography data types functional for all Excel versions (atleast Office 2016+).
    In non-Office 365 excel versions we can "see" the stocks data type in ribbon menu but it does not work! It is just put there are a click-bait so people pay additional money for Office 365.

For me, the stocks feature worked for a few weeks in Office 2016 then suddenly stopped working. This was without any intimation/information. I had already developed a full workbook based on stock data thinking that the feature was available for everyone. Now all that time is wasted and it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Import PST to Office 365

Upload PST to Office 365 Cloud-Platform instantly without any hassle using the software named as MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. The software gives you the flawless result. It does not disturb the arrangement of the PST file folder and its data. It also keeps the metadata intact. The application do not harm the email properties and its attachments, sustains the scheduled appointments, meetings, notes, etc even after conversion from Import Outlook PST to Office 365. Through this software, one can convert individual or multiple item or folder and import to Exchange Online mailboxes. Performs safe authentication to Office…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import appointments into outlook and google calendars

Since you can import appointments into Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar a ready made template would be nice to be able to import into excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Money in Excel: Retrieve YTD transactions

Retrieve more transactions from institutions. At the very least I need to get YTD transactions in order to use MiE for money management on an annual basis. As it is now, I will have to wait until 2022 before I am able to begin to compare year-to-year numbers for most of the first half of a year.

In addition, it would be nice to get all the available transactions from each institution. Having data from last year would let me do year-to-year comparisons for some data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Import contacts from Excel to Outlook

vMail Excel to PST file Converter is an application which transfers contacts from XLS, XLSX, CSV type of excel spreadsheets to a PST file. You can import contents from the PST file in your email account in Microsoft Outlook email client using import/export wizard.

There is no risk of data loss during Excel to PST Conversion. This software is capable to transfer unlimited data from xls file to pst file. This PST file is compatible in MS Outlook editions 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 etc.

Import Excel contacts to Outlook- https://www.vsoftware.org/excel-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Implement the Stock Data feature from Excel 365 into Excel 2019 for Desktops

Basic stock information retrieval is a badly needed feature that should have been added to Excel years ago. A built-in feature would be preferable to hand-crafted solutions created by users or developers with varying skill levels.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Money in Excel: Financial Institutions to include

I ran across the following unsupported financial institutions:
    -CollegeInvest 529 plans: https://www.collegeinvest529.com/
    -OneAmerica retirement/401k plans: https://oaretirement.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add co-operative bank uk to money in excel

keen to use money in excel. Please add co-operativebank.co.uk. I know they have a third party access policy so hopefully it should be straight forward (viewed here: www.co-operativebank.co.uk/onlinebanking/open-banking)?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Power Query, add an all-in-1 column-centric column transformation function: Table.AddColumns

In Power Query, it is common to add, remove, transform, rename, reorder, and change the data type of columns. Currently, each operation has its own separate function. Columns will often require multiple operations, causing columns to be repeated across different function calls, which leads to inconsistent-looking code that is difficult to read and write. Also, some functions have limitations. For example, Table.AddColumn can add only 1 column, and Table.TransformColumns cannot transform a column based on values in other columns. Finally, some functions overlap in their functionality (see Functionality.png), but this overlap is sporadic and can cause confusion.

To solve these…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Migrate Outlook data from PST files to G Suite

You can easily import data from Outlook PST file into your G Suite or Gmail account using Outlook to Gmail Migration tool from vMail Tools. This software migrates mail, calendars, and contacts to users’ G Suite accounts from UNICODE / ANSI PST files. vMail Outlook to Gmail Tool is capable of restore data from encrypted and corrupt PST file without losing any data.

For this migration process, you just need to create an App Passwords from your Google account security settings. You can use this Account and App password in vMail PST to G Suite Migration Tool to import all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Frost Bank to Money in Excel

Please add Frost bank to the accounts list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel home und business / Aktien und Geografie

Unter Excel home und bussiness funktioniert Aktien / Geografie nicht. Das sollte aber auch dort funktionieren. Die Funktion erleichtert einem viel Arbeit. Und als Kunde zahlt man auch sehr viel Geld für eine Lizenz.

Auch deshalb wäre es ganz gut wenn diese Funktion bald auch unter Excel home und bussiness funktioniert.

Nur wenn solche Dinge auch funktionieren wird die Kundenzufriedenheit auch steigen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Money in Excel - Add South African Banks

Please add support for importing/linking South African Banks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)