Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. MAKE A FUNCTION TO CALL IMAGES FROM ANY GIVEN FOLDER ON NAME BASED

NEED A FORMULA TO IMPORT IMAGE ON BASIS OF CELL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. excellde veya wordde yazılan yazıyı istenilen şekilde büyültüp küçültme

excellde veya wordde yazılan yazıyı istenilen şekilde büyültüp küçültme

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. tablodayken mousela sağ tıklayınca klavyeyi seçebilme ve kullanabilme

tablodayken mousela sağ tıklayınca klavyeyi seçebilme ve kullanabilme

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option pour changer le séparateur décimal dans Editeur Power Query

Bonjour,
    si vous utilisez Récupérer et transformer des données, à partir d'un fichier texte/CSV et que dans ce fichier vous avez des nombres qui sont formatés avec un point comme séparateur décimal ces nombres sont interprétés comme du texte. Si vous essayez de changer en nombre décimal tous les nombres sont remplacés par "error".
    Voir fichiers joint.
    Il n'y a pas comme dans Excel la possibilité de modifier le séparateur décimal comme lorsque l'on ouvre un fichier CSV avec assistant importation texte étape 3 bouton "Avancé"
    Ce problème rend l'utilisation de Récupérer et transformer … inutilisable avec de tels fichiers. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Recent Query and Connection issue

Recently after update I spot that my Power Query is not connecting to my Organizational account and moreover when I want to download something from web --> Connection Properties --> Edit Query... does not work properly.

Multiple pictures attached.

Please fix this as soon as possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Single method for external workbook reference

Right now there are basically two ways to pull data into a target workbook from a source workbook:
    - Query it as a data connection (in which case you have to close the source workbook every time you want to refresh the data)
    - Use an external link in a cell formula (in which case the source workbook has to be open if you want to get up to date data)

This is harder than it needs to be. Regardless of the method of pulling in external data you should be able to refresh it regardless of the status of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I need to delete duplicates but want to keep last one entry instead of first one entry. So, data -> remove duplicates is not working.

I need to delete duplicates but want to keep last one entry instead of first one entry. So, data -> remove duplicates is not working.

Also, note that my first column is key column to find unique entries and I don't have any column to apply filter or sort so that I can sort the data in reverse (i.e. date) and keep first one and then remove sort etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please merge Type Change steps in PQ even if the current step has locale

I mean the situation when end user is on the step where changing types of columns happen, and the step contains locale (which, by the way, is added sometimes automatically) AND user change some types of columns. PQ now adds a new step without possibility to change the current step.
    I think it is much more convenient for end user to show the locale of the current step and as whether user wants to change current step or add a new.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. turn off automatic date conversion

Opening scientific data in excel for review or analysis purposes is a nightmare in Excel. Some values, gene names and other text automatically transforms into dates and then the data is corrupted. Changing cell format in this case corrupts the data even further and there's no way to return to the original value/text, since the data corrupts when opening the file. This is the worst functionality in Excel and I don't know anyone who benefits from the automatic transformation of dates. Please the date transformation optional setting for those who might need it!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. EXCEL DDE

Resulta muy importante mantener el uso de DDE en Excel. Para poder utilizar combinacion de correspondencia con Word.
    El tipo de combinacion DDE se encuentra presente en Excel desde sus origenes. Es el unico tipo de combinacion que mantiene los formatos de numero tal como se reflejan en el Excel para su combinacion en un formulario de Word.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Table.ExpandTableColumn is not type - safe.

I.e. if you expand a column, types of inner table are lost - all the expanded columns, appeared in the outer table after expantion, are of type any, despite the fact that all the types are set in inner table.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stock Data Type can't find mutual fund

The stock data type should recognize all stocks and mutual funds. The capability indicates it is powered by Bing; Bing recognizes the ticker symbol. Specifically, the mutual fund 'FSHCX' - 'Fidelity Select Health Care Services Portfolio' was not recognized in my first experiencing trying the feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Convert tables in image to excel worksheet

Convert tables in image to excel worksheet like the function implemented in Excel mobile app for Android.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. При импорте текстовых данных (CSV) Добавить в настройку определения числовых данных пункт "Кроме значений, обрамленных ограничителем строк"

Предлагаю добавить в настройку определения числовых данных пункт "Кроме значений, обрамленных ограничителем строк".

В этом случае можно будет, выгружая данные из учетной системы в файл CSV, текстовые данные заключать в кавычки и они не будут искажаться при импорте в excel, даже если тип столбца установлен "general" (общий).

Делать это по умолчанию, без выноса в настройку импорта чисел, не следует.

У других пользователей может встретиться исторически сложившийся вариант, где в импортируемых CSV все данные, включая числа, заключаются в кавычки.

Также возможны CSV файлы, где разделитель полей и разделитель целой и дробной части чисел одинаковы.

В этом случае у пользователей тоже поломается…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scraping made simple!

hi
    I would love to use Excel for day to day scraping but currently it's way too complex.
    Both VBA and Power BI are not user friendly and you have to be advanced in Excel to use it.
    It's frustrating and it forces you to use google search for solving problems.
    I would like Excel to open browser window and allow me to select which exact part of the site I want to scrape (EVEN IF IT'S NOT A TABLE) then menu should open to select corresponding cell and frequency at which I would like to do it. Then format,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Combine multiple files into one with multiple tabs

Adobe has an option where you can select multiple files, right click, and combine them all together into one pdf. I think something similar for excel would be excellent: select multiple excel files, right click, and combine them into one spread sheet separated by tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)