Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make an integrated plot digitizer!

See webPlotDigitizer.
    Have OCR auto-grab the x & y scale and dump data onto a new sheet or into an existing range. Use colors & shape detection to isolate different series. Can't believe this even has to be suggested, it's painfully obvious.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Bank

Add Knoxville TVA Employee's Credit Union.
    Routing number 264279567

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Excel database

I suggest Access and Excel combine together. excel has as database shortage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 50 gb

i mean my data range 50 gb on desktop use on the one time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Best Exchange EDB to PST Converter Free

SysOZ EDB to PST Converter can restore your data into several formats like PST, EML, MSG, and HTML as per your requirement. It does not make any changes in the previous database while you convert the EDB data into PST data file. This tool support all the version of MS Outlook-like 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019. The users download its free demo version that allows you to convert 30 emails per folder free of cost. It gives you 30 days money-back guarantee.

Read More: https://sysoz-edb-to-pst-converter.en.softonic.com/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it easier to obtain Excel file path from OneDrive and SharePoint

When referencing Excel files held on OneDrive with Power Query you need to download the Excel file, open it, copy the path and then remove ?web=1 from the end of it. It would be great if there was a right click or ... option when selecting an Excel file in OneDrive that would give you this path without the ?web=1 on the end.

This is also being voted for on the OneDrive forum here...https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913522-onedrive-on-windows/suggestions/36259678-make-it-easier-to-obtain-excel-file-path-from-oned

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please allow the creation of rules for assigning merchant names to Categories when transactions are imported

Please allow the creation of rules for assigning merchant names to Categories when transactions are imported. This would reduce the manual effort required to keep the transactions Categorized in a consistent manner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Chart of Account's Catagories Other Three Catagories; Assets, Liabilities, Equity

I purchased some assets for my business and I am unable to list them as such when my transactions are imported. In addtion, I can't list a payment on a liability where only the interest portion of the payment is actually an expense. Why not have all the Chart of Accounts Catagories: Income, Expenses, Assets, Liabilities, and Equity ????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Expand the data type stocks with other asset types

It would be useful to complete the portfolio analysis with bonds, currencies, unlisted funds (Morningstar list).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow user to expand the Text To Columns pop-up window

I found Text to Column pop-up is not allowed the user to increase the size of pop-up window.

In Text to Column the most important is Preview area, especially in case of Fixed Width.

As of now, the preview area displays only 4 rows of data. It's very difficult for the user to take the decision based on the same. To check the below data user has to scroll. It's little hectic task.

I suggest the MS Team to look into the same and resolve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Money In Excel

Please add Municipal Credit Union (New York City) to the list of banks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Money In Excel

Please add: Municipal Credit Union (22 CORTLANDT STREET, NEW YORK 10007) to the list of financial institutions. It is not listed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Data Source Setting Failover List

I regularly work between the office and at home. When in office, I point my workbook to a database server by its hostname. When at home, I need to forward traffic intended for that server through an SSH tunnel. Consequently, I use port forwarding. So any time I switch from home to office, I have to update my Data Source.

Would it be possible to have Excel keep a list of data sources such that if it can't access the first one, it fails to the next?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Populate missing data in Stock data Types

Stock Data Type:

Need to populate attribute fields. Currently, a crazy number of fields associated with a security still show up as "#Field! - lots of this data such as RETURNS over the various time frames (YTD, 1 yr, 3 yr, 5 yr) would be incredibly useful and increase productivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve management of Credentials (usernames/passwords etc.) in Power Query and Data Sources

Managing credentials in PowerQuery and other data imports is a pain and is all over the place especially if you pull in data from external systems with password expiry and when you share workbooks with embedded connects.

Is it possible to manage all credentials in Excel centrally with sane ways to change/update passwords and see what credentials are shared/not share when sending/sharing a Workbook? I.e. a big button called "Manage Credentials" which shows a list of all usernames and passwords/credentials, an option to change it, an option to not embed the password, to always ask for a password, to switch…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please update the stock ticker list to include Albertsons (NYSE:ACI)

The company Albertsons ticker symbol ACI on the New York Stock Exchange is not coming up on Excels Stock Data Type. Please add this ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. lakeview loancare

Please add Lakeview Loan Servicing (www.myloancare.com) to the Money app so I can track my mortgage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sending Microsoft feedback.

We would like to inform that Money in Excel currently doesn’t support Lakeview Loan Servicing accounts on the template. We understand that it would be useful to facilitate the transactions from that financial institution so we will share your feedback to the apt team for review.

Thank you for using Money in Excel.

Best,

Vipin Nair
    The Microsoft Team

19. Smart Paste for html tables

When pasting from a web page, Excel assumes an input element like a checkbox as a control, it creates checkbox controls and activates or keeps them unchecked, depending on the html input.

But what one needs from Excel is to interpret a checked or un-checked input control from an html table as TRUE / FALSE data.

Similar smart behavior can be applied to other controls where smart text is the default for pasting and the selected value or text becomes the data from html.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Text Import Wizard needs default preference settings for delimiter, fixed vs delimited, first row etc.

This can't possibly be a new idea, but I cannot find another one to vote for.

Please add a preference for the default field delimiter in the text import wizard. In my case, the delimiter is always a comma and every time I import I mutter to myself "Tab - I have never seen a tab delimited file", and this is not healthy. When I'm old and senile muttering away to myself in my wheelchar with my plaid blanky over my kneeds, this is what I will be muttering, and I really would rather be reciting Shakespeare or Auden.

I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base