Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Free OST to PST Converter

Free OST to PST Converter Software that easily works to restore OST document and export offline OST document to PST Outlook report with emails houses- to, bcc, cc, time, topics and from, embedded photos, zip attachments, contacts, calendars, mission, notes and appointments etc. Outlook OST to PST Converter Software permits convert OST to PST, EML, MSG, HTML, EMXL, MBOX and vCard. You can convert selective OST folder and emails with continues all emails houses and attachment. OST to PST Recovery Software is available with demo version that permits customers restore 30 emails consistent with folders into each format.

Read More…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Best OST to PST Converter Free Software

SysOZ OST to PST converter enable to recover data from the corrupted OST file into new PST file and other EML, EMLX, vCard, vCal, MSG,MBOX format with all mailbox item Emails, inbox, outbox, sent-items, deleted-items, drafts, contacts, calendars, notes (to, cc, bcc, subject, date and time). You can easily split your large OST file into several PST file. This conversion software gives lifetime license validity and updates. It supports live Exchange Server 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.

Read More: https://sysoz-ost-recovery.en.softonic.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get & Transform (PowerQuery) Keystore should support Auth key in header

The PowerQuery (M language) Web.Contents() function supports a limited number of web authentication methods.

I wasted quite a bit of time trying to use Bearer Token based authentication in PQ to access the RESTful interface on a backend server before I realised the server expects the Token to be supplied in the HTTP, header, but PQ will only supply the Token in the query parameter string. The documentation on this area is lacking, and there is no way to debug the web query with the server from Excel.

Request

Support the option for authentication via a Bearer Token (API Key)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New Data Type - Datetime AND Location (Spacetime)

I know that a whole host of new data types are coming to Excel soon (https://insider.office.com/en-us/blog/new-data-types-in-excel) but one data type that is missing and would be super cool to have is Datetime AND Location (maybe call it Spacetime?) With date/datetime and location one can quickly import various astronomical data such as sunrise, sunset, day length, moonrise, moonset, and moon phase among many other types of information for a given combination of date and city. See the fantastic website https://www.timeanddate.com/ for example information to include.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bank Not connecting

My bank does not connect. I called my bank & they said to reach out to you. Please help me. I really need money management during these Covid times. I need this product. I love Excel. Please Help
    I Bank with Credit Union of Texas

MoneyinExcel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Transpose a column with many multiline records of data to a table

I would like to be able transpose multiple records of sometimes varying length data from a 1d column to a table. Preferably by both GUI, a function and data import/query/transform environment. Mapping variable names in the source data could be used for handling variable length records.

When I import logs with sensor data they often come as a text file with a single variable or variable name and value pair on each line.
    Sometimes the number of variables per record varies but there is always a timestamp or record ID to indicate the first field in a record.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bank for Money in Excel

My bank is San Francisco Federal Credit Union, and I would like to submit it for inclusion with Money in Excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow transaction data to be backed up to local drive

Allow transaction data to be saved to a local drive for backup purposes. Also, allow such saved data to be imported. If something screws up one's account, a new account will only get 30 to 90 days of prior data, meaning all older data is lost forever. It is inexcusable to expect users to rely on a program to show or manipulate data that does not have the ability to back up the data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add National Westminster bank uk to Excel Money

Add National Westminster bank uk to Excel Money

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Best way to export OST to PST and Office 365 - Inspire OST to PST Converter

This NSF to PST Converter instrument works underneath all debasement circumstance of PST document either the defilement is minor or basic. In the wake of finishing reestablish and recovery technique you may trade NSF realities into healthy PST, EML and DBX record codecs. Lotus Notes Recovery instrument is viable with all Windows Operating Systems like Win 2010, eight.1, 2008, 2007, Vista, XP and other more seasoned varieties as pleasantly as it help Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and all other. So this product program can play out their undertaking with all the more viably or precisely. Standpoint recuperating device…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Money in Excel - Please add Security Service Federal Credit Union.

Add Security Service Federal Credit Union to the Money in Excel add in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. money in excel

Transactions are not posting for my investment accounts!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. #PowerBIDataTypes should be available with Power BI pro

This should be available with a powerBI pro license not only on upgrade to E5, Those of us in smaller orgs who are experimenting with BI and researching how valuable it could be for us as it evolves need exactly this sort of capacity to demonstrate a good business case to excel users. They will see a direct benefit to themselves in this. But we are not going to upgrade to E5 yet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a configurable data source for REST API's to enable import of data from multiple cloud apps

It would be great to have a configurable data source for REST API sources that could be saved as a user or machine DSN to enable pulling data from cloud apps without using third party tools.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. O365 excel Data ribbon not showing import csv, txt, etc...

My Data ribbon tab is not showing import, or much of anything.
    What am I doing wrong?

TRying to use the new import to PDF as announced here;

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel-blog/announcing-data-import-from-pdf-documents/ba-p/1569202

But even the basic csv and txt import is gone? i've asked all over the place. Everyone says "just go to the data tab" But everything is gone.

Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. remove empty rows and columns automatically

When importing data from other formats, say a pdf, the data is often formatted badly with lots of empty columns and rows between fields of useful data, these are usually minimised and get in the way of performing useful functions.I would like the ability to automatically remove any column or row within a highlighted data area, where the whole column or row contains no data. the sheet I am looking at currently goes up to column EY, but only has 12 columns of actual data. similarly it is 597 rows high and only should be around 100.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. NaN and other special numbers in cells

Excel needs to properly integrate the standard double number format in cell values. Special numbers including NaN (Not-a-Number), Infinity, Epsilon (subnormal numbers) and Negative Zero are supported in all modern programming languages, Power Query, SQL server and many other apps. Lack of proper numeric support in sheets leads to problems interfacing with external data and add-ins.

In fact the full range of IEEE754 values can be returned using a user defined function ( https://github.com/lhem/excel/blob/master/SpecialNum.xlsm ). These special numbers can be useful in formulas for representing null data, large numbers and plotting blanks in charts but they need to be fixed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cells with fixed values

Why are we still using $F$23 to fix a value of the cell as a non-variable.
    Can't it be set with a control or something? Or am I out dated?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. eSoftTools Lotus Notes NSF to PST Converter Software

There are multiple conversion software is available in the online market to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to PST Outlook but here I introducing the best utility to transfer emails, contacts, and other components of the NSF file to Outlook PST file format. The software that I am talking about is eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Software. It will easily remove all corruption errors from the NSF file to makes the corrupt NSF file again accessible and converts The NSF file to several different file types such as- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, etc.

Know More:- https://www.esofttools.com/nsf-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Getting Data from another excel file copies the cell format and style

I want to have a separate excel sheet that can get an updated data from another worksheet and also follows the cell format and style.

I can only get an updated data but it won't follow the cell format and style

If I do a copy/paste, I can get the data with the format and style but it won't update any data if there are changes from the other workbook

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base