Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When inputting data on expiry dates for training, include a feature where the spreadsheet notifies you when the expiry date is coming up.

When inputting data on expiry dates for training, include a feature where the spreadsheet notifies you when the expiry date is coming up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why some stocks aren`t available at Office365? Ex. KNRI11, MXRF11, BCRI11

I am using Excel Office365 (Data - Stock) and some stocks available at B3 are not available for Excel Office365 (MXRF11, BCRI11, KNRI11) - a support person from Microsoft told me it is because Excel Database is not updated. Okay, but it doesn`t make sense, how a Stock Listed in Market is not available? Can you guys include/update it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Vlook up not working

I am trying to create a table invoicie with Data on one sheet and charge slip on another sheet but i enter the formula and it keeps return N/A in fields can seem to find out why

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Free EDB to PST Converter

SysInspire Free EDB to PST Converter Software quickly performs to fast free EDB File Recovery and gives you a secure platform to convert exchange mailboxes to PST Outlook file. Recently, the Software has been updated with a new feature that users can use for making the better EDB to PST Conversion. Exchange EDB Recovery Software allows users to convert selective single and multiple folders from EDB File with preserve all EDB folders structure and email formatting.

Advanced Key Features of EDB to PST Export Software
    • Automatically detects. edb location from users machine
    • Safely recover exchange EDB file emails,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In "Data > Get Data > From Web" there should be an option to authenticate using cookies.

On the Data ribbon, there is option to Import data tables from web pages. But the authentication options for web-sites is pretty limited.
    I am unable to import "private" data in excel from the following URL:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/hammadrauf/saved/Gb7tpg/by_merchant/

I believe that my authentication data is stored in cookies, it is not a form based authentication.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Split Rows into n groups to Power Query

In Power Query you can easily split a column into multiple columns. Recently I have had several examples where I needed to split a data set into equal groups of 4 (not bins or frequency). I had to count the total number of rows in the data set. Then insert a blank row evenly between each quarter of the data set. Yes there's probably VBA to do it, but I'd rather have it as part of a PQ solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. An easy way to add CSV columns to an existing Power Query

Whether you previously deleted columns and like to bring them back or new versions of the source data have new columns, it's very non user friendly to add such columns (having to go through previous Applied Steps). In the latter case, it might even be impossible.

Please consider making it easy and straightforward like in Text Import where all you have to do is click Edit on the query and run the wizard again.

Sources:
    1) https://superuser.com/questions/1496163/how-to-add-previously-deleted-csv-columns-in-power-query/1496624
    2) https://superuser.com/questions/1497174/how-to-add-new-csv-columns-in-power-query/1497727

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Date picker directly through Data Validation date criteria "is valid date"

I have tried data validation for Date in Google Sheet. Where we are able to get calendar in a cell directly through data validation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. when input data from txt etc...

when I insert data from other text etc..., the first row has been column and filtered, when I uncheck the related boxes, the first row's format cannot disappear.
    why special set the first row to that automatically, it is not useful design and cause distribute to users.
    i think this design likes taking coals to Newcastle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Get Parameter button to Power Query and avoid Privacy / Formula.Firewall problems

It's fantastic that you can pick up named ranges in Excel and pass them to Power Query as parameters. However the process is cumbersome and often results in Formula.Firewall warnings or other issues.

This leads to having to switch Privacy Levels to "Ignore" or having to write a query within a query rather than nice and clean "parameter" queries.

It would really simplify things if we could quickly create parameter queries (including a drop down to select parameter type) and that these queries would be immune from the Privacy warnings.

330 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stock Data: update / refresh data automatically

Please keep the stock data automatically up to date without the need to manually refresh it (like in Google Sheets =googlefinance).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature for the Stock data type: include annual divided.

Feature request for the Stock data type: include annual divided.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Dividend Data to Stock Data Type

It would be helpful to include the dividend amount per share and ex-dividend date with the stock data type.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implement the Stock Data feature from Excel 365 into Excel 2019 for Desktops

Basic stock information retrieval is a badly needed feature that should have been added to Excel years ago. A built-in feature would be preferable to hand-crafted solutions created by users or developers with varying skill levels.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Intelligent data import and create a database in Azure

For small organizations or groups in large organizations, there should be a way for someone to provide historic spreadsheets with similar columns. Machine learning or AI can be used to identify similar columns with slightly different names. Then the data should be imported with simple clicks to create a database in the backend. This new database is like the old Access database in cloud. That way, a lot of historic data or even ongoing data from different teams can be easily consumed. I was involved in at least two projects where I need to write or run a program to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. enter data from picture app

enter data from picture app use Ai to work out and insert formulas not just enter numbers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Power Query Active Directory Feature

Hi All,

I tried to use Active directory feature of Power Query but still not able to find any solution in any forum to speed up the downloading data.

I have more than ~300,000 records to import (i.e. Distribution list contains each member list) from Active directory but it takes 12-~14 hrs to import using Power Query.

Can we look into this feature why there is so much time taken by Power Query and How we optimize the same ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In the Queries & Connections pane, show the latest refresh duration of each Power Query query

The latest refresh duration can be stated beside the "# rows loaded."/"Connection only." statement, right-aligned, perhaps in the format "3 min 14 sec". The refresh durations do not even have to be saved in the file. For now, they can be kept for only as long as the file remains open.

The refresh durations in Queries & Connections will avoid the need to manually time each query or use a macro to refresh the queries one by one and record the durations. The durations will make it easier to identify which queries need the most optimization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PowerQuery should recognise international (Unicode) web addresses

This website uses an accented character:
    https://www.kalóriaguru.hu
    I can use the old Get Data from Web Legacy Wizard providing I add the Magyar language pack to Windows . Powerquery returns "Bad request" unless I translate the address to Punycode
    xn--kalriaguru-ibb.hu
    Allow the end-user to enter their web site address as they know it without having to translate it into American. Sure, doing it in code is no problem, and I'd use VBA, but this is for users who don't know code.
    Technet link:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d3e2608-0f2f-4735-95a4-b03d60e16e35/excel-365-powerquery-error-400-bad-request

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base