Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Best NSF to PST Converter Tool

NSF to PST Converter is the best software to convert Lotus Notes to PST format. The software gives a free preview of the entire data before the conversion process. you can also convert NSF files to PST formats without installing outlook. It also converts corrupted, highly-encrypted, and password protected NSF files to PST format.

More Info- http://www.nsfto.com/pst/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. STOP FUCKING_TELLING ME THAT THE COPIED DATA IS NOT THE SAME SIZE AS THE WORKSHEET YOUR COPYING TO WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY IDENTICAL IN SIZE.

STOP FUCKING_TELLING ME THAT THE COPIED DATA IS NOT THE SAME SIZE AS THE WORKSHEET YOUR COPYING TO WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY IDENTICAL IN SIZE.

NEVER A PROBLEM IN THE PAST, NOW YOUR ***** SOFTWARE ENGINEERS CANNOT EVEN DO THIS FUNCTION THAT HAS NOT BEEN A PROBLEM FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS.. GOFUCKYOURSELVES MICROSOFT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding new financial institutions into Money in Excel

Import Mint Information (Intuit) into Money in Excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. #PowerBIDataTypes should be available with Power BI pro

This should be available with a powerBI pro license not only on upgrade to E5, Those of us in smaller orgs who are experimenting with BI and researching how valuable it could be for us as it evolves need exactly this sort of capacity to demonstrate a good business case to excel users. They will see a direct benefit to themselves in this. But we are not going to upgrade to E5 yet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. remove empty rows and columns automatically

When importing data from other formats, say a pdf, the data is often formatted badly with lots of empty columns and rows between fields of useful data, these are usually minimised and get in the way of performing useful functions.I would like the ability to automatically remove any column or row within a highlighted data area, where the whole column or row contains no data. the sheet I am looking at currently goes up to column EY, but only has 12 columns of actual data. similarly it is 597 rows high and only should be around 100.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Getting Data from another excel file copies the cell format and style

I want to have a separate excel sheet that can get an updated data from another worksheet and also follows the cell format and style.

I can only get an updated data but it won't follow the cell format and style

If I do a copy/paste, I can get the data with the format and style but it won't update any data if there are changes from the other workbook

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Bank

Add Knoxville TVA Employee's Credit Union.
    Routing number 264279567

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it possible to stop Excel from changing entries to dates. Give us a Options setting that stops Excel from doing this altogether, ever.

When working with data, opening CSV or TSV files, copying and pasting from other documents, Excel has the nasty habit of changing many entries into a date format. This is done automatically, without verification or any indication that the data entries have been changed.

it should be possible to have a system-wide option to prevent Excel from doing this whatsoever. Many scientists would love to have the power that Excel gives, without the destructive autocorrect-like monstrosities.

Switch it off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Best Exchange EDB to PST Converter Free

SysOZ EDB to PST Converter can restore your data into several formats like PST, EML, MSG, and HTML as per your requirement. It does not make any changes in the previous database while you convert the EDB data into PST data file. This tool support all the version of MS Outlook-like 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019. The users download its free demo version that allows you to convert 30 emails per folder free of cost. It gives you 30 days money-back guarantee.

Read More: https://sysoz-edb-to-pst-converter.en.softonic.com/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please allow the creation of rules for assigning merchant names to Categories when transactions are imported

Please allow the creation of rules for assigning merchant names to Categories when transactions are imported. This would reduce the manual effort required to keep the transactions Categorized in a consistent manner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Populate missing data in Stock data Types

Stock Data Type:

Need to populate attribute fields. Currently, a crazy number of fields associated with a security still show up as "#Field! - lots of this data such as RETURNS over the various time frames (YTD, 1 yr, 3 yr, 5 yr) would be incredibly useful and increase productivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Now that you came out with Money in Excel, there needs to be a way for us money users to transfer the historical data in money

Now that you came out with Money in Excel, there needs to be a way for us money users to transfer our historical if we are to use Money in excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Currently Money in Excel doesn’t support the functionality of importing transactions manually from the account. It currently supports transaction sync up to 90 days from the date you signed in with the account on Money in Excel. We understand that providing the functionality to import older transactions to Money in Excel would be a great feature hence we will share your feedback with the apt team for review.

Thank you for using Money in Excel!

Best,

Vipin Nair
    The Microsoft Team

14. Money add-on for Canada

Hello. I just heard about the new Money add-on for US users. Looking forward to have this available in Canada.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please update the stock ticker list to include Albertsons (NYSE:ACI)

The company Albertsons ticker symbol ACI on the New York Stock Exchange is not coming up on Excels Stock Data Type. Please add this ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. lakeview loancare

Please add Lakeview Loan Servicing (www.myloancare.com) to the Money app so I can track my mortgage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Smart Paste for html tables

When pasting from a web page, Excel assumes an input element like a checkbox as a control, it creates checkbox controls and activates or keeps them unchecked, depending on the html input.

But what one needs from Excel is to interpret a checked or un-checked input control from an html table as TRUE / FALSE data.

Similar smart behavior can be applied to other controls where smart text is the default for pasting and the selected value or text becomes the data from html.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Text Import Wizard needs default preference settings for delimiter, fixed vs delimited, first row etc.

This can't possibly be a new idea, but I cannot find another one to vote for.

Please add a preference for the default field delimiter in the text import wizard. In my case, the delimiter is always a comma and every time I import I mutter to myself "Tab - I have never seen a tab delimited file", and this is not healthy. When I'm old and senile muttering away to myself in my wheelchar with my plaid blanky over my kneeds, this is what I will be muttering, and I really would rather be reciting Shakespeare or Auden.

I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PST Splitter tool to divide Outlook PST files

If anyone wants to break the large oversized PST files then I would suggest to use the MailsDaddy PST Split Tool. It breaks the large PST file according to date, size, email-id, and folder. This Software supports ANSI and UNICODE Version of PST files. The PST Splitter tool divides the PST files without installing MS-Outlook.

More Info- https://www.mailsdaddy.com/pst-split-tool/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring Stocks Data Type for All Office Products

Please make Stocks and Geography data types functional for all Excel versions (atleast Office 2016+).
    In non-Office 365 excel versions we can "see" the stocks data type in ribbon menu but it does not work! It is just put there are a click-bait so people pay additional money for Office 365.

For me, the stocks feature worked for a few weeks in Office 2016 then suddenly stopped working. This was without any intimation/information. I had already developed a full workbook based on stock data thinking that the feature was available for everyone. Now all that time is wasted and it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base