Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Money in Excel: Retrieve YTD transactions

Retrieve more transactions from institutions. At the very least I need to get YTD transactions in order to use MiE for money management on an annual basis. As it is now, I will have to wait until 2022 before I am able to begin to compare year-to-year numbers for most of the first half of a year.

In addition, it would be nice to get all the available transactions from each institution. Having data from last year would let me do year-to-year comparisons for some data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make an integrated plot digitizer!

See webPlotDigitizer.
    Have OCR auto-grab the x & y scale and dump data onto a new sheet or into an existing range. Use colors & shape detection to isolate different series. Can't believe this even has to be suggested, it's painfully obvious.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import stock quotes into Desktop just like Excel 365

Why doesn't Desktop Excel have the same features as 365? We pay licensing fees and should get the same features! Importing stock quotes is long overdue!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add National Westminster bank uk to Excel Money

Add National Westminster bank uk to Excel Money

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Excel is getting worse for each version

Excel is getting worse for each version. Before it was easy for me to import csv or skv files. Now you think that Excel is smarter than me and converts everything to skv. If I copy and paste from notepad it defaults to skv WHY, I HAVENT ASKED YOU TO CONVERT!!! I often want to treat data as CSV NOT SKV. Before I pasted the data in column A and then used TEXT to columns. Worked perfectly. Now everything gets corrupt because YOU have decided that YOU know whats best. I do this sometimes 20 times a day and half…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Raise an error if Workbooks.Open text file exceeds row limit

The debacle in the UK over lost Covid-19 results appears to have been a silent failure by Excel when the number of rows in a CSV/text file exceeded the sheet dimensions. This was in Excel 2003 (or earlier) but the same behaviour is in the latest Excel. Workbooks.Open "File.csv" does NOT raise an error if the file line count exceeds the sheet rows, which is inconsistent with the UI File>Open behaviour, which DOES show an error message. So make them consistent please. My analysis is at https://sysmod.wordpress.com/2020/10/13/uk-covid-19-track-trace-excel-snafu-uncontrolled-spreadsheets-lead-to-data-loss/

A related post but not referring to raising an error is at https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/274580-excel-for-the-web/suggestions/10550871-csv-import-exceeding-row-limit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. example workbook for practice

I read the blog about creating power query data types and I would like to practice. It would be great if you provided an example workbook and data set to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. example workbook for practice

I read the blog about creating power query data types and I would like to practice. It would be great if you provided an example workbook and data set to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Voice finder mid air screen graphics smart hack home

Move holograms pixel screen mid air inside ur smart office or home anywhere every program in one hacker server security24/7 365 days a year remote monitoring 24 hour security assistance all copyrights expired roots taking parts from begging is not coping with redistributes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Canadian Financial Institutions not included

Using Microsoft Money, but I can't connect Financial Institutions from Canada, even very common ones such as TD or BMO. The links would be:
    https://www.td.com/ca/en/personal-banking/
    https://www1.bmo.com/onlinebanking/cgi-bin/netbnx/NBmain?product=5

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Money in Excel currently doesn’t support non-US based financial institutions and we acknowledge the providing the functionality to add Canadian banks with Money in Excel would be a great feature. We will share your feedback to the apt team for review.

Best,

Vipin Nair
    The Microsoft Team

11. STOCKHISTORY

Include stock indexes (such as DJ Index, Russell 2000, S&P500, and even more minor like EuroStoxx50 and MSCI Emerging Markets, etc)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Money in Excel - Add South African Banks

Please add support for importing/linking South African Banks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How about delivering what you claim to support?

I can't find a place to submit bugs but many stocks are missing, even though its a supported exchange in Excel. For example, the Singapore stock exchange (XSES) stocks are missing.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-the-stocks-financial-data-sources-98a03e23-37f6-4776-beea-c5a6c8e787e6?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. download free EDB to PST Converter tool

Get the freeware then download the Enstella EDB to PST Converter tool. This tool gives the best authority to convert mailboxes from Exchange EDB into working PST File with all attachment/properties/body information/header image/calendar and journal etc. This application works on all Exchange versions to safely save EDB File to Outlook PST File at required location.

Get more information to click here-https://www.enstella.com/exchange-email-recovery.html

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. migrar OLM para ferramenta Gmail

Com o software OLM Converter tudo-em-um, o usuário pode exportar facilmente o OLM para o Gmail com todos os detalhes e anexos. O tamanho do arquivo não importa, a tarefa de conversão é concluída em apenas alguns passos simples, sem manipular os arquivos originais. A ferramenta migra OLM para Gmail, G Suite, Google Drive e etc.https://www.kdetools.com/olm/gmail/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It should be able to download data from bank accounts as far back as I select. Or at least to download statements and merge in.

It should be able to download data from bank accounts as far back as I select. Or at least to download statements and merge in to Excel Money. Form what I see of it so far it is not even close to the old Microsoft Money hopefully there will be further updates or maybe a paid version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. migrate OLM to Gmail

If you want to migrate OLM to Gmail then, you can try any professional software like KDETools OLM to Gmail Migration Tool. This Application shows a free preview of the OLM mail with attachment. OLM to Gmail Migration tool operates with all the Windows Version.https://www.kdetools.com/olm/gmail/

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. free Exchange Recovery Software

There is lots of Exchange EDB to PST Recovery Tool in online market, but problem is that how we can select the best tool in various tools, it is very difficult to choose the right one, so as per my experience I would like to suggest a proficient third-party tool such as Enstella Exchange EDB Recovery Software. It helps to convert EDB to PST without any hurdle. The software is quite powerful to even repair corrupt exchange database and restore all EDB items back into the previous format without any data loss.

Download freeware to click here-https://www.enstella.com/exchange-email-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PowerBI: don't limit uservoice to Busienss/Edu users!

I tried to post some suggestions to PowerBI but could not because I am not a student and not employed.
    Why am I a second class customer just because I am learning PowerBI on my own using a hotmail account?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base