Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3D Map Issue in Excel 2016 with 5 countries/rural districts in Germany

I really like 3d Maps in Excel 2016.
    Unfortunately 5 countries are displayed in wrong countries.

Country "Enzkreis" wrongly displayed in "Landkreis Karlsruhe"
    "Landkreis Heilbronn" wrongly in "Landkreis Neckar Odenwald"
    "Landkreis Würzburg" wrongly in "Landkreis Schweinfurt"
    "Landkreis München" wrongly in "Stadt München"
    "Neustadt an der Waldnaab" wrongly in "Tirschenreuth"

The resulting blind spots are marked yellow in the attached map.

It would be great to have a fix for that.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
    Ruediger Kiefer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3D Map Issue in Excel 2016 with 5 countries/rural districts in Germany

I really like 3d Maps in Excel 2016.
    Unfortunately 5 countries are displayed in wrong countries.

Country "Enzkreis" wrongly displayed in "Landkreis Karlsruhe"
    "Landkreis Heilbronn" wrongly in "Landkreis Neckar Odenwald"
    "Landkreis Würzburg" wrongly in "Landkreis Schweinfurt"
    "Landkreis München" wrongly in "Stadt München"
    "Neustadt an der Waldnaab" wrongly in "Tirschenreuth"

The resulting blind spots are marked yellow in the attached map.

It would be great to have a fix for that.

Many thanks in Advance and best regards,
    Ruediger Kiefer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show hidden data in graph - allow to change default

Every time I make a new graph, I have to check to show data from hidden rows and columns. I'd like the option to allow the user to change this to their default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show hidden data in graph - allow to change default

Every time I make a new graph, I have to check to show data from hidden rows and columns. I'd like the option to allow the user to change this to their default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Freezing Property for Graphs, Shapes, Linked Pictures/Objects

It will be good to have Freezing Option under Properties for Graphs, Shapes, Linked Pictures/Objects etc. where a user can have an option to lock the objects on screen... and the same should be appearing as constant even if the user scrolls to the left-right & up-down.

This will give End-user a dynamic webpage view/feel especially for huge excel dashboards with specific KPI - graphs and charts appearing on top or on either sides

Like: Don't Move or Size or Scroll with the Cells

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. dont make the program **** to handle for beginners

jesus Christ this is like giving birth without having a single clue what your own cervix or is. make this program * accessible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. nice

nice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please check your spelling

In Excel 2010 (Design tab for Sparkline, Dropdown Axis, Vertical Axis Maximum Value Options, Custom Value...) "Enter the maximium value for the vertical axis". Please correct the spelling. It's "maximum" not "maximium". Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Facets To Charts

Please add ability to facet from a chart allowing user to select any categorical variable in the dataset.

This should explode as many small multiples as needed. The charts should be anchored to rows/columns so the user can easily resize.

See Seaborn FacetGrid for inspiration.

https://seaborn.pydata.org/generated/seaborn.FacetGrid.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display organized many sheets

Display organized many sheets

In order to be able to manage many sheets I suggest to make groups of sheets that allow the choice of the sheet to be displayed via pop-up

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. alborz province

I need to find 4 province in map for Iran.
    Kurdistan
    Alborz
    North Khorasan
    South Khorasan
    Razavi Khorashan

Best regards,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ordnance survey

Will it be possible to include all the map features from BING into excel 3D maps. I would like to be able to add my graphs to the Ordnance survey map feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel Maps: Some names of municipalities in Denmark are registered incorrectly

For Denmark, some municipalities are registered under the wrong name. I have listed them beneath (the first name is the correct name, the second one is the one registered in Excel Maps/Bing).

Ikast-Brande - Ikast
    Hedensted - Juelsminde
    Allerød - Allerød Kommune

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PLEASE PLEASE Better Handling of Date/Time data in graphs

I have used Excel for 20+ years and STILL there is poor handling of time/date data in graphs. Can you make the axis options easier for users when using XY Scatter?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add charts that animate over a range of values

I would like to create a chart that dynamically changes to show values over time. Consider the simplest pie chart showing a single percentage value of something... One wedge out of the 100% circle. Now assume I have two columns of data: One showing a year and the other showing the corresponding data percentage for that year. I would like to be able to create a pie chart that lets me move the year value forward and backward, showing the corresponding wedge changing size to match the percent for that year. The visual display is a single chart object that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Heat map

Enable the heat map function to hide a location point after it has dissipated in time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. capture data from picture of chart

Now that the ability to get data from a picture (of a table or text), can we extend the capability to grab data from a picture of a chart?

My clients often send me screenshots of charts and ask me to put them in presentations. Usually this means the chart doesn't come close to matching the presentation, and I cannot change the font or data color, the font size, etc. So I must recreate the chart. This can be painful.

There used to be an add-in called Grabit that added the image of the chart to a spreadsheet, prompted us…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base