Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic formating of trendline equations

When the equation and R2 value of a trendline is displayed on a graph, the border of the textbox around these values should be automatically formatted to look the same as the trendline (in colour and line type).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. säkerhet

program fel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. PivotChart arrays

Often, it is useful to see multiple similar PivotCharts side by side, rather than repeatedly change filters on a single PivotChart. It would also be useful to have easy control over the differences between the PivotCharts, rather than change each PivotChart individually.

Please add 2 more areas to the PivotChart Fields pane: rows and columns. When a field is added to the rows, a vertical array of PivotCharts should be created, 1 for each value in the field. Similarly, when a field is added to the columns, a horizontal array of PivotCharts should be created, 1 for each value in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Quickly convert graphs for those with color blindness

Often I make graphs for an audience that includes folks that are color-blind. It is tedious to change the lines by hand, I would like a way to quickly convert to line styles instead of colors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Packed bubble charts

I just saw a very awesome chart in a Bloomberg article (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-01-09/the-hidden-dangers-of-the-great-index-fund-takeover). It shows four categories of information in a very intuitive manner. I believe it is a packed bubble chart, but it also has an x-axis (no y-axis). It would be great to have this as a charting option!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. column width in charts adjusted to cell value

I would like to change column width according cell value, now I can cheat thanks to instructions posted by other users but it takes too long time and it's difficult. I had to rearrange data in way I really cannot explain to my coworkers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Power pivot in MS excel student and home 2016

i have office 365 and microsoft excel student and home 2016 but power pivot is not installed in it. Please add it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Crosshair cursor for excel chart

Can we add Interactive tools to excel charts like those we see on stock charts on web.. Crosshair cursor with data labels of x values on the top of the vertical line and y value on the right of the horizontal line.. Please see this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0f-WGwd0_s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Move multiple layers (series) for a graph up and down together under Select Data Source

When moving series up and down in the Select Data Source window, only one layer can currently be moved up and down at a time. It would be nice to select multiple layers (series) and move them up or down together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move multiple layers (series) for a graph up and down together under Select Data Source

When moving series up and down in the Select Data Source window, only one layer can currently be moved up and down at a time. It would be nice to select multiple layers (series) and move them up or down together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simplefy custom 3D MAPS for visualizing production and logistic processes

I use Excel to analyze data and visualize bottlenecks and opportunities. I always start to create the warehouse or conveyor systems in Excel so the customer can see where the issues are located. The standard 3D MAPS works fine when we analyze distribution processes but internal production or warehousing processes nee their own map. Sample. If I set-up a warehouse the cell height and width both have a value of 1 Meter to make travel distance calculations easy. In a cell I put the location name as used by the customer (first 6 digits without the level and position in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Filled graphs in xy-Diagramms

I often need an xy-diagram where one of the curves is filled to the zero-axis. An actual example: I have a curve which shows measurement results with a timestamp. I want to show areas for civil twilight, night, and the time between sunrise and sunset. These times can be calculated by time and date and it is no problem to generate a "1" during the time of twilight and a "0" at the other times. But I need this information as coloured background. In earlier versions of Excel I have exported the diagram as vector graphics to Corel Draw, then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3D Map Issue in Excel 2016 with 5 countries/rural districts in Germany

I really like 3d Maps in Excel 2016.
    Unfortunately 5 countries are displayed in wrong countries.

Country "Enzkreis" wrongly displayed in "Landkreis Karlsruhe"
    "Landkreis Heilbronn" wrongly in "Landkreis Neckar Odenwald"
    "Landkreis Würzburg" wrongly in "Landkreis Schweinfurt"
    "Landkreis München" wrongly in "Stadt München"
    "Neustadt an der Waldnaab" wrongly in "Tirschenreuth"

The resulting blind spots are marked yellow in the attached map.

It would be great to have a fix for that.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
    Ruediger Kiefer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3D Map Issue in Excel 2016 with 5 countries/rural districts in Germany

I really like 3d Maps in Excel 2016.
    Unfortunately 5 countries are displayed in wrong countries.

Country "Enzkreis" wrongly displayed in "Landkreis Karlsruhe"
    "Landkreis Heilbronn" wrongly in "Landkreis Neckar Odenwald"
    "Landkreis Würzburg" wrongly in "Landkreis Schweinfurt"
    "Landkreis München" wrongly in "Stadt München"
    "Neustadt an der Waldnaab" wrongly in "Tirschenreuth"

The resulting blind spots are marked yellow in the attached map.

It would be great to have a fix for that.

Many thanks in Advance and best regards,
    Ruediger Kiefer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show hidden data in graph - allow to change default

Every time I make a new graph, I have to check to show data from hidden rows and columns. I'd like the option to allow the user to change this to their default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show hidden data in graph - allow to change default

Every time I make a new graph, I have to check to show data from hidden rows and columns. I'd like the option to allow the user to change this to their default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base