Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Build Calculators that act as stand-alone apps

I often use Excel to make simple calculators, when an operation needs to be performed frequently. For example; I have a simple chart that displays the percentage difference between two numbers. This chart obviously contains just the three data values; 1st #, 2nd #, and % difference.

I make numerous calculators of this sort. They are simple, and I use them to calculate data from other programs, and websites, frequently.

Wouldn't it be awesome, if I could "tell" Excel, that this chart I've made is a stand-alone calculator, so that when you open the file, it is treated a little…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email merge

Can an email merge be driven directly from excel rather than using Microsoft Word?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Large amounts of content in a cell

I would like to be able to have a pop-out of a cell. The first few words show in the spreadsheet, and then have a way to expand the cell so that I can edit or have multiple pieces of information in that cell. Like a link to a small window that pops out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 着色地图需要显示更多更准确的区划

用着色地图功能对湖南省14个地市进行绘制,其余13个地市都可以成功绘制,但唯独湘西自治州不能成功绘制,经与微软技术工程师测试谈讨,他也不能解决此问题,请尽快解决此类市级规划问题!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modify Trend Function to follow end graph range data endpoints when inserting lines or columns

When graphing data I normally allow for insertion of new data, creating formulas that can be copied and pasted for calculations. Thus, I insert new lines, and copy formulas for calculations for new data, say weekly.
    Using the Trend function, I can now add the trend, extending my graph with this function. However, while I can insert new lines, then copy and pasting formulas for new data; trend data is typically at end point of the graphing data range. When inserting, this is the last line or lines of the graph, and doesn't change, or get copied because insertion occurs…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Finance ratios for Money In Excel

Now that Money in Excel is up and running microsoft should add finance ratio options to the templates. Ratios that will help users see their current financial health without adding any more data than what is already downloaded could include:
    Debt to Income
    Housing Expense to Income
    Savings ratio: savings / income
    Emergency fund (months on hand): emergency fund / monthly expense

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Gauge chart

Add an easy way to insert a gauge chart, please. Google Docs did it. Just a few clicks and voilà. I attached an example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow resizing of chart legend icon

By default, the chart legend icons (used to identify the colored or patterned data in the chart) are too small to easily identify the correct color from the chart.
    Currently, the only way to increase their size is to increase the font size, but this is not necessary for most charts - people can read smaller text, but need a larger color swatch to match the label to its representation in the chart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How about a reading Excel?

Hey guys, I've been wondering about this for a while...

Why aren't there any reading guide?Wouldn't it be nice if someone implements a machine learning algorithm with a voice and it would be so much easier to compare something without turning the head to look every word-to-word ,

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More theme colors in Excel 360

Please add more theme colors in excel 360. What's the point in having 5 gradients of black/gray? What happened to the tan and purple colors from last year's app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easy dynamic charts using dynamic arrays

Dynamic arrays are great! Please let us use them (in chart series) for dynamic charting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tables as chart sources

Excel should work with one-row tables to which are to be added more rows later in order to use these tables as chart sources. Now charts using tables as a source are automatically updated only if the table has at least two rows (+header row).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mention Data Analysis Toolpack

Might be good to mention on some of your help pages. This one for Histogram did not mention it, and so I thought it had been done away with at 2016
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-histogram-85680173-064b-4024-b39d-80f17ff2f4e8

I am so glad you still have! Great features of text orientation and bin customization :)

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keep old powerful features

I have used Excel for data analysis for many years and often make much better presentations than those using Minitab. I find the new way of making a histogram is super easy (once you know where it is now) but the power of easily making custom bins is gone. Custom bins are critical to visualize data that has multifaceted oddities. Outliers often need to be shown on the same chart for which you want visualization of the normal occurrences. Please put custom bin ability back in.
    Also, the pre-made bin labels are informative but not very editable. Looks like someone…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Somehow allow the user to visualize easily the negative time difference.

If you monitor the daily time spent at work in an excel table, you can have overtime or short time per day vs. working hours. Currently it is not easy (I know there are some more complicated methods...) to visualize the short time is being a negative time difference and shown by excel as ######## in the cell contains the result of the calculation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Second variable for the Excel Tree Map

Dears, it would be very important to implement the possibility of havind a second variable for the Excel Treemap chart in order to have a graduate color for this new variable. Nowadays Its possible to define the size of each item but not the variation of the item color...
    Tks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. pan-ability within charts for large data sets

When working with large data sets and visually analyzing trends over time within a chart, I want to be able to be able to set the chart "scale" tight enough to see data variation, but then be able to pan-through the chart data without having to manually adjust the X and Y scale each time.

I also want a pan tool just within the normal workbook; the center wheel click on the mouse is frustrating to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add blue and purple balls to conditional formatting.

In conditional formatting you can use red, green, yellow and black balls, but I need more colors. Please add blue and purple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Map Chart for at least Excel 2016

Please add map chart compability for Excel 2016 so we can visualize data with map and create more interactive excel on older version of Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base