Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft OST to PST Converter Software

ATS OST to PST Converter recover the corrupted OST data in MS Outlook. This software can also convert OST file to MSG, MBOX, EML, EMLX, vCard & vCal file formats. OST to PST converter recovers and convert OST to PST with all Outlook mailboxes data including emails, contact, calendar, tasks, notes, journals etc without any data loss. This can recover and convert any size of OST file from all versions of Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & older version. Try the free demo version of the converter and get a chance to convert 30 emails free of cost…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cell Colour Dependent Charts

I have been using Excel to track some progress and have found colour coding quite useful, however I want to convert the colour coding into a pie chart. If I could label 3 categories with red, green, and yellow, wherein the colours change monthly depending on the data, I would like to be able to create a pie chart that correlates to the different coloured cells.

E.G.

Red: Not started
    Yellow: Started
    Green: Finished

I want to make a pie chart that represents how many pieces of work are in each category without having to make a table that outlines…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Surface Plot with Log Scale

When using the Surface Plot feature in Excel followed by setting the Y-axis to a Log Scale, Excel crashes and needs to be restarted. Attached is an example. Simply double click on the y-axis and change to Log scale.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need to fix the align options for charts.

At one time, it was possible to add objects to Excel charts and align them. It is no longer possible to select and align objects on charts because selecting an object also selects the chart plot area. All of the align options are greyed out. Unselecting the plot area unselects the objects. The shift arrow keys can no longer be used to nudge objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Graph Editing

Group all the graph editing options under one tab or menu. It can be really difficult to edit graphs, picking the right axis, data, line, etc. Grouping them all together would make it a lot easier to get the final product you're looking for. Standardize and simplify.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Agile Gantt Chart Color Coding

You should have the option to change the color schema, or alter the pre-defined fields, to allow color coding to be in the chart with customized data. If I change the dropdown selections for that field, I lose the color coding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chart style for patent applications.

For all patent documents, drawings must always be black line drawings on a white background It would be useful to have a "patent" chart style that automatically sets all elements of a chart to meet drawing standards for patent documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Family tree

Create a tool / Smart Art that allows a user to create a family tree

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a data label callout for sunburst charts

Some small data in a sunburst chart cannot be seen. It would be useful to add a callout data label feature that specifies certain data sets that remain unnoticed in an otherwise large data set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is there a build-in function for automatically adjusting y-axis value in line chart?

Hi developers, I wonder if Excel can automatically adjust the y-axis scale so that the line chart doesn't always start from 0 and it can take up 2/3 of the chart's space? Especially in the condition that for a pivot chart with slicer or filter, the y-axis scale is always changing.

The only way I know now is VBA. It will be very helpful if it can automatically change.

Thx!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dynamic titles for maps

Add the ability to link the Chart Title for maps charts to a formula to make them dynamic

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FOLDERS FOR SHEET TABS

I would like folders for my sheet tabs because I have soo many of them. I have each week for each month broken out. For example: jan week 1, jan week 2, jan week 3, jan week 4, jan week 5, and jan total. Each of the weeks feed data into the jan total sheet. If I could hide each of those sheet tabs into a folder, it would make my book much more organized.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Interactive Stock Charts

It would be useful to have sliding date ranges with the option to zoom in/out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alphabet/Numeric markers for lines in line/xy scatter graphs

The selection of markers for line/xy charts in Excel is limited and of the few markers available, some are not impactful. Many times a large number of lines need to be shown in a graph and the available markers are inadequate. It would be convenient if alphabets and numericals could be used as markers so that multiple lines can be depicted with better clarity. This is especially useful when graphs have to be in black and white, say for publications in journals, books, etc.
    In the attached example, I have done this using the picture option in the markers selection,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Overlay line chart on top of Waterfall

Combine waterfall and line chart to track Actuals (Waterfall) against Budget (Line)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The data labels of Excel Reader Chart

Some data labels are shown in a single line and some are shown in multiple lines depending on the layout or the text length of the original data in a cell. But I want those data labels to be always shown in a single line. Adjusting the size of the chart itself makes other information in the file less-visible. I would like to keep the label as a single line texts, or it would be great if I can adjust individual labels or change its font as needed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [BUG] Excel chart custom colors restored to default when undoing copy-paste

Hi,

I ran onto some functionality that seems to be buggy. Posted at Microsoft Answers without reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/excel-chart-custom-colors-restored-to-default-when/73159731-12fa-441a-afd2-3c7e12635730

Trying also here.

These actually seem to be two separate bugs which are related.

When copy-pasting charts with custom line color/marker formatting (by pressing Ctrl+C when Chart 1 in the attached figure is selected) , it happens that I accidentally paste the chart onto itself. The result is shown in Chart 2.

Bug 1: As you see, original series are duplicated, and line colors are maintained while marker settings are not. This is inconsistent in my opinion, as either both line colors…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [BUG] Excel chart line colors altered when Y selection is dragged

Hi,

I tried to file a bug on Microsoft Answers, and got forwarded here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/excel-chart-line-colors-altered-when-y-selection/5c8377c6-7787-4881-8591-989eaa534821

I include a copy of that message below.

I often struggle with Excel with lines changing colors, when the selection of Y data is dragged.

Chart 1 in the attached figure uses x=A2:A6 and y=B2:B6. When dragging y selection to B9:B13 we obtained a chart shown as Chart 2. The line color has changed to a different one but the marker remained as per my custom formatting.

Surprisingly, dragging the selection in steps can help to avoid color change. For instance, if the selection of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base