Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cell Colour Dependent Charts

I have been using Excel to track some progress and have found colour coding quite useful, however I want to convert the colour coding into a pie chart. If I could label 3 categories with red, green, and yellow, wherein the colours change monthly depending on the data, I would like to be able to create a pie chart that correlates to the different coloured cells.

E.G.

Red: Not started
    Yellow: Started
    Green: Finished

I want to make a pie chart that represents how many pieces of work are in each category without having to make a table that outlines…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give user freedom to set their own font defaults throughout excel i.e. data labels, titles etc.

give user freedom to set their own font defaults throughout excel i.e. data labels, titles etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Highlight cells that have changed since last viewing in shared spreadsheets.

Highlight cells that have changed since the last time you looked at a file in shared spreadsheets. Example: If cell 1 changed since last time you were in file, it would be highlighted differently from the other cells until you acknowledge the change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. correct the map of the UK

The filled map of the UK is broken. The County of East Riding of Yorkshire and metropolitan borough of Kingston upon Hull do not plot leaving a large are of Eastern England blank. It's like having the filled map of USA when you can't plot anything in the whole of Virginia.

There is a smaller similar error in the west of England where it seems impossible to plot anything in the area of St Helen's (or St Helens)

Could you fix this soonest please?.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have Pre-set layouts for Charts

(e.g Types of pets people have)
    So people can get a variety of ideas and maybe ****** up a few quick charts that they can only edit the numbers and visualisations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow the Min and Max of the Axes to be flexible, based on formulas

Min and Max values now can be set manually. Would be useful if this becomes dynamic and we can connect the minimum/maximum value of the Axes to the chart's dataset. Let us use a formula to define them.
    There is an amazing solution here (https://exceloffthegrid.com/chart-axis-min-mix/ ) but this may make the files even more complex.
    A standard solution would help a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add "Units" under "axis options"

The "units" option that let you change the major and minor units under "Axis options" in format charts needs to be added to boxplots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Graph Editing

Group all the graph editing options under one tab or menu. It can be really difficult to edit graphs, picking the right axis, data, line, etc. Grouping them all together would make it a lot easier to get the final product you're looking for. Standardize and simplify.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add SmartArt for excel

Add SmartArt feature in Excel which is there in PPT...that will help in visualization in excel file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. change the color of error bars within the chart individually

I want to change the color of error bars within the chart individually for each series. For data points, this is possible since excel allows users to select them individually; however, I can't do this with error bars.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How to convert Zimbra to PST file

Vartika Zimbra TGZ to PST converter tool and like this great Conversion Software. I recommend you if you want an easy and quick solution. You can try this Zimbra PST converter. It offers full resolution for converting Zimbra emails to PST with the associated attachments. With the high-speed execution order, the efficiency takes only a few minutes to export the data from Zimbra to MS Outlook while maintaining the originality of the database
    Get more info: -https://www.vartikasoftware.com/product/zimbra-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Power View for Excel has been Disabled.Please

Power view has been disabled due to silverlight not being security compliant. Please can we get this fixed ASAP. Have the security stuff fixed so we can use Power View in Excel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fatch image from given location on basis on provided cell range

somthing like as fatchimage(A2,A1,[FIX SIZE AS CELL],[100x100])

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Surface Plot with Log Scale

When using the Surface Plot feature in Excel followed by setting the Y-axis to a Log Scale, Excel crashes and needs to be restarted. Attached is an example. Simply double click on the y-axis and change to Log scale.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to fix the align options for charts.

At one time, it was possible to add objects to Excel charts and align them. It is no longer possible to select and align objects on charts because selecting an object also selects the chart plot area. All of the align options are greyed out. Unselecting the plot area unselects the objects. The shift arrow keys can no longer be used to nudge objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. FOLDERS FOR SHEET TABS

I would like folders for my sheet tabs because I have soo many of them. I have each week for each month broken out. For example: jan week 1, jan week 2, jan week 3, jan week 4, jan week 5, and jan total. Each of the weeks feed data into the jan total sheet. If I could hide each of those sheet tabs into a folder, it would make my book much more organized.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Agile Gantt Chart Color Coding

You should have the option to change the color schema, or alter the pre-defined fields, to allow color coding to be in the chart with customized data. If I change the dropdown selections for that field, I lose the color coding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chart style for patent applications.

For all patent documents, drawings must always be black line drawings on a white background It would be useful to have a "patent" chart style that automatically sets all elements of a chart to meet drawing standards for patent documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base