Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Test

Test, please ignore

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please add persian calendar (hijri shamsi) in excel 2013 (as like as 2016 version)

Some people who use Persian calendar in excel, need to do calculation on date; some apps help them in this way but these are not perfect and they affect on other procedures... this problem is solved by Microsoft in 2016 version... So if it is possible, please add Persian calendar (hijri shamsi) in excel 2013 too.
    I am looking forward to see it in your next updates... thank you very much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We’re unlikely to add this in previous versions of Excel, as we don’t have regular updates of those versions, as we do with OFfice 2016.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

3. Axel - Combining Access and Excel into 1 excellent product

Hello,

I have been developing with Access and Excel for the last 17 years, it is my bread and butter and while I use VBA to communicate between the two I had the following thought...

Wouldn't it be great if a new product came to market that contained both Access and Excel objects?

Viewing Form tabs alongside Excel Worksheets in the same development window, showing sheets as objects in the same pane as tables and queries etc.

A benefit of both data storage and calculations plus it would certainly be faster.

You could call it Excess or Axel

It would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

While we won’t be merging Excel and Access into a single product, we have been doing a lot of work in Excel to make it work better with data. Power Pivot, Power Query, and the Data Model are all tools that let you pull data from multiple sources, join and manipulate that data, and then do all of the ad-hoc reporting on it that you are used to doing in Excel.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

4. Power Excel

Rename and rebrand Excel to become 'Power Excel'
    This would reflect its modernity, point towards closer integration into Power BI and truly distinguish the product from old Excel
    Modern Excel with all the new functionalities therein represents a tremendous analytic arsenal at your disposal yet most users are unaware of this
    A product name change would immediately change perceptions and promote awareness
    Office 2017 Pro Plus comprising Word, Access, Outlook, Power Excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Anthony,

While I personally love the implications of renaming Excel to Power Excel, this isn’t something we’re going to do at this point in time. The (Microsoft) Excel brand is already a well-known brand, and we’re going to look for ways to drive awareness of the new functionalities in that brand rather than change the brand itself.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

5. make Microsoft

Make Microsoft Works available at no cost for average homeowners use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Lorraine,

Your best bet it to call Microsoft support (phone number on the card/box/your account page) and have a quick chat with them. We don’t handle any of the sales stuff on the engineering team.

(I’m resolving this idea, so you get your votes back)

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

7. Color and format items in listbox.

After creating a 1d or 2d listbox in a userform, I would like to be able to format the background or foreground color of each item; or change the text color and bold it base on some criteria. Essentially; treat the listbox items as if each item row and column like a cell in excel. Highlight a whole row or column if possible, or bold the line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let us vote for more than 10 ideas

I can understand why votes per idea should be limited, but why only 10 votes across all ideas?

Please give us unlimited votes so that we can vote for all the ideas that we think are worth voting for, not just the first 10 that we see.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why not make the icons on the quick access toolbar re-arrangeable without going through the menu? Drag and drop type. :)

Why not make the icons on the quick access toolbar re-arrangeable without going through the menu? Drag and drop type. :) It would simplify my life and I am confident a lot of people would love this option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it free for windows 10

Make Excel free for windows 10 users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calculation

Improve multicore calculation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ribbon - Cell Styles

Make all Cell Styles small thumbnails so they don't take up so much real estate on the ribbon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base