Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Medical Charting Templates

Excel Templates are great places to start, especially since formatting is extremely helpful but also time-consuming. Given COVID-19 and the importance of the medical industry, I'm surprised there aren't more medical-related Excel Templates. I am aware that there are TONS of medical charting software out there that take in data - my husband is a nurse (his 2nd degree) while his 1st degree was in computer programming. So he's very aware of software and its capabilities. But sometimes, you just want a quick printable chart. Something you can color-code for easy, fast viewing since hospital nurses are typically running to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quick Access Toolbar

Would love to see QAT in more than one line. This will be quite useful to most users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Access to desktop versions of 365 apps

Microsoft have told me that you will deliver me an explanation of the following issue. I have 365 running on my new laptop and ever since I started using it I accessed Outlook on the desktop via the 365 icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen. This morning for the first time it took me into the web version of the app. I want to know why it changed overnight please. Microsoft were unable to provide any explanation other to say that this feature was now working as they expected. They could not provide any rationale for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How to backup Hotmail Emails?

Easily take the backup of your Hotmail Emails in just few seconds. With the Hotmail Backup tool, you can download and backup Hotmail emails and all other attachments in the Hard Drive.
    100% secure and easy to use tool which maintains both quality and quantity of your data while backup process.
    A user can take the backup and convert those emails into several other file formats including PST, MSG, PDF, IMAP, TXT, EML, MBOX, Thunderbird, Gmail, and Zimbra file type.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/Hotmailbakup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sub sheet, vertical tab, sub tab

Voted for all sub sheet, vertical tab
    please include this in your next update.
    we need to pay extra for office tab as add in, why can't this be a built in for excel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to recover corrupt PDF files?

Recover the highly corrupted PDF files in less than a minute. Use the best PDF recovery tool and recover the PDF files very easily. The tool can recover PDF files in bulk and without making any changes in data. A user can also recover the data in bulk or can recover multiple corrupted PDF files in a single click.
    The tool effortlessly rebuilds corrupt PDF files on your system without leak out your data online.
    It can recover almost all kinds of data including images, text, table, graphic, etc with utmost accuracy.
    A highly compatible tool, it is compatible with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add new word page to excel sheets. i.e. new work sheet; new word sheet

To enhance compatibility, add new function to allow a word page to open as an excel worksheet,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. THE ABILITY TO SPLIT A CELL

I WANT TO SHOW TO DIFFERENT TYPES OF DATA IN ONE CELL AREA BUT HAVE THAT CELL SPLIT WITHOUT HAVING TO CREATE A NEW COLUMN

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RTD links can display text in cells. Ctrl-F (Find) fails to find displayed text. Please fix.

RTD links can display text in cells. Ctrl-F (Find) fails to find displayed text. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add symbols used in cross stitch patterns and diamond art projects

To symbols, add those symbols used in cross stitch patterns and diamond art projects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Extend Edit Links window

Can the Edit Links window be extendable so the Location 'full file path' of a linked workbook can be visible

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exchange EDB to PST converter

If you are tired of searching Exchange EDB to PST converter which is best according to performance, then try SysInspire EDB to PST converter software. It allows the user to restore each and every bit of data easily without any doubt. It can convert EDB files into many different file formats such as PST, EML, EMLX, HTML, MBOX, and many others. Also, the PST file can be divided into many small PST files easily. All versions of MS Exchange server and Outlook are supported by this tool.

Explore more here about- https://www.sysinspire.com/edb-to-pst-converter/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Clear All - Doesn't Clear All

How about making "Clear All" actually do what it says? Or change the name to "Clear Just About Everything Except Objects".

It is just so fitting that "Clear All" doesn't clear all. That's very Microsoft of you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. YOU CHANGED THE ******* HEADER/FOOTER INFACE. NO IMPROVEMENT, JUST CHANGED IT. FUCK_YOU

YOU CHANGED THE ******* HEADER/FOOTER INFACE. NO IMPROVEMENT, JUST CHANGED IT. FUCK_YOU

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to integrate your microsoft calendar so you can create a custom journal or daytimer.

I am looking for a solution where I can integrate my life vision, monthly vision and so on in a calendar. I want something where I can have my Microsoft calendar as well as somewhere to integrate notes, links, plans, visions and so on.

If one could integrate their calendar into Microsoft and even be able to link to emails within excel, it would be great. My vision is a one note - Microsoft outlook combination with excel capabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. From Excel + Powerpoint > to Glideapps + Bubble

Glideapps enables Google Sheet users to build prototype apps in minutes.
    Why not Microsoft with more possibilities?

• Excel working as a database (cf. G-Sheet & Glideapps)

• Powerpoint enabling to modify ones page design by dragging&dropping

This would be the ultimate No-code solution (a multi billions dollars market in the next years)... but it's probably a dream...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add tags / notes to specific versions (milestones) in each file history

It'd be great if one could "tag" specific versions (milestones) within each file history (this change would apply to every file on SharePoint / OneDrive).

As it is now, I truly love the auto-save & file history function, but sometimes it's very difficult to figure out to find the version I'm looking for, end up losing time opening many of them.

If one could go anytime and add a custom tag/note to specific versions in order to indicate a brief description ("before change", "after change"), the automated file history would be much more useful to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 「新しいウィンドウを開く」コマンドでウィンドウが2つ以上ある時のバグ

バグのフロー
    NO1.「BOOK1.xlsx」を開く
    NO2.「新しいウィンドウを開く」を実行し、「BOOK1.xlsx」のウィンドウが2個の状態にする
    NO3.ウィンドウ1のsheet1とウィンドウ2のsheet2でコピーや貼付けを相互に不定期に行う
    NO4.不定期に行っている最中に「NO3」にてコピーや貼付けしたことのあるセルデータなのに急に「クリップボードに問題があります」と表示される
    NO5.そのエラーには「OK」という選択ししかなく「OK」を押す(ALT+F4で強制的にエラーウィンドウを消しても、その後の動作は同じ)
    NO6.今回のコピー範囲や貼付け範囲と関係のない、セルの値が勝手に結構前の操作の状態に戻される ※1
    NO7.「NO4」の「クリップボードに問題があります」と表示から「NO6」が複数回繰り返される(3~8回程度)

※1 勝手に結構前の操作の状態に戻されたセルを関数にて参照している数式セルは「勝手に結構前の操作の状態に戻された状態の値」ではなく「勝手に結構前の操作の状態に戻される前の値」を参照しセルは表示されています

ファイルが約500kb以上でこのバグが起こりやすく、サイズが大きければ大きいほどバグの発生頻度が高いです。
    全て覚えていないのですが、直近だと、数式のみ貼付けで発生しました。
    「クリップボードに問題があります」以外のエラーウィンドウは出ない。
    バグが発生するファイルは同一ファイルではない。
    ウィンドウが2つ以上で発生というのは正確ではなく、ウィンドウが2つ以上という条件で発生するのではなく、単純にファイルが重いと発生している可能性もある。
    ただ、僕が発生時の状態を思い出した時にウィンドウが2つ以上あったような気がしたという、不明確な感じです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. So many extra stuff on top of the excel frame!

How can i remove or manage them ? so many extra items in the main window beside minimize how I can I remove them? I just need a excel sheet for my work. I don't need fancy things to show cloud saving or what is my ID ? I need a place to grab the window!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. eSoftTools 7z password recovery

If you are looking a tool that can removes password from 7z file easily, then download eSoftTools 7z password recovery software. This is very simple in use and a non-technical person can control this device. It has three recovery techniques to open 7z file, which are- Brute Force attack, Mask attack and Dictionary attack. This tool helpful in all version of window, and break any strong combination of password.

Get more info:- https://www.7zpasswordrecovery.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base