Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Personalized ribbon

Windows Start-menu has "recently used"-section. What if Excel (and other Office apps) would have "personalized" ribbon as default view, showing most often used buttons. You could manually edit it and office would suggest adding/removing something based on how often it's used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change how comment box opens. I hover over comment it opens on RH side, make option to open on LH side.

Be able to change the format of which side of the data box a comment opens on. Right now it opens on RH side of data box and if freeze panes is used the data box is no completely viewable. You have to move or edit the comment in order to read it.
    If it option to open up on LH side of data box comment would be viewable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display the creation date for new posts in User Voice Forum

When viewing Excel Voice forum posts, it would be helpful to include the Created: mm/yy/dd timestamp. Then, forum users can see the age for every post is without first having to open and view the full entry.

More Info
    I frequently scan posts that show up during my search or entry of new ideas. If an entry is very old and has no votes, I would likely not spend any more time reading the entry. On the other hand, if I could see the entry is fairly recent (without first having to open the entry), I might simply vote for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Header and footer

It would be great, if you could make it possible to change the header and footer, from 3 sektions to make 1 or 2 sektions. It would make my job much more simple and it would be usefull for many.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add dictate in Excel, much needed.

Please add Dictate command in Excell too, it is very helpful to avoid manuall tyoung. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. how to restore 7z file password

Try the best solution for 7z password recovery is going through eSoftTools 7z unlocker tool. This tool can solve all types of password combination like- alphabetic, numeric, alphanumeric and symbolic key also. It can solve password arrangements without wasting too much time. A FREE DEMO VERSION is also available for each customer supports all windows and 7zip.

Get More:- https://www.7zunlocker.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. EDB to PST Converter Tool to Export Exchange EDB Files to Outlook PST

To Convert EDB to PST I would like to suggest a perfect solution that can easily Export Exchange EDB Files to Outlook PST, If you use this Regain EDB to PST Converter Software then you can Export Exchange EDB Files to Outlook PST in just few clicks. this Software Convert Exchange Public and Private folders to Office 365 or PST format. If you want to use this Software free demo version before buy this Software then you can also try this Software free demo version.

Download this Software free demo version from here: http://www.edbtopstconverter.emltopstutility.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. symble

Please give symble of Indian Rupee

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Difference calculation on status bar

Would be awesome to have a "Difference" calculation on the status bar of Microsoft Excel, along with the current average, count, and sum calculations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop dictation from auto formatting 7 digit numbers into phone numbers

Make it so that I can turn off auto phone number formatting on 7 digit numbers while using speech to text dictation. Trying to speak out 7 digit numbers and it automatically changes it to (###)-###-#### format and I don't want it to. I just want it to put in the string of numbers that I speak into the microphone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please, please, PLEASE add double strikethrough to Excel!!!

Please add double strikethrough to Excel. I've often wished that it was available in Excel as it is in Word. It seems if it's available in Word, it'd be easy enough to add it to Excel.

Please consider this addition.

Thanks!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. is there an online free excel template with add in bing ads intelligence ?

is there an online free excel template with add in bing ads intelligence as I cant download the add on for my excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. True Dark Theme for Worksheets

In Excel, the only way to make your worksheets/reports that you build in Excel a dark theme, is to add a background image.
    On the PowerPivot/Sharepoint server, background images are not supported.

It would be nice if you could save an Excel sheet with dark background color as a configurable default, so that you don't have to change cell backgrounds (which go away with PowerPivot refresh), and don't have to do a background image (which is incompatible with server refresh/presentation).

Even outside of server refresh, we find issues on file exchange too.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. blad verwijderen kan niet als je een touchpad hebt en geen muis

blad verwijderen kan niet als je een laptop hebt met een touchpad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. eSoftTools 7z unlocker tool

eSoftTools 7z unlocker tool is the perfect solution for password recovery of the 7z file, it can apply three recovery process- mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack for instant password restoration. A FREE DEMO VERSION applicable for all windows and 7z.
    Get More:- https://www.7zunlocker.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add an option to disable the automatic change to dates.

This behaviour causes a lot of irritation and mistakes when working with datasets especially scientific ones. Pre-formatting is a terrible workaround.

Datasets are riddled with errors because of this as you can see in this publication:

https://genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13059-016-1044-7

This option would save a lot of frustration, should be very easy to implement and every other spreadsheet application has it already.

I don't see why Microsoft refuses to implement this even though it has been asked for many times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop making the quick access toolbar icons so big

I already lost the ability to see all of the icons I had on the toolbar several months ago--the icons just grew. So I sorted through the most important and reshuffled to make it workable. I just got a new CPU at work, they had to reinstall Excel 2016 and now the icons are SO freaking big that I lost half of them again. This is now basically a WORTHLESS tool. What were you thinking? Get your act together!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. how to get back lost 7z file password?

Did you lose your 7z file password? simply, download and install eSoftTools 7z unlocker tool in your system and get back lost 7z file password within sometimes. it has three recovery attempts- mask attack, brute force attack dictionary attack for instant password recovery. A free demo version is also available on the official website of eSoftTools.
    Get More:- https://www.7zunlocker.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More User Control in Data Forecast Sheet, Also Provide Residuals

The data forecast sheet automatically uses smoothing. There is not way to turn that off and use a simple linear function, nor is there a way to specify other shapes than linear. If the user had control over these, it would be much more useful as both a forecasting tool and a pedagogical tool.
    The user also needs to easily obtain a list of residuals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base