Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a grater variety of controls to include on forms

I use forms a lot, however, there are not as much controls on the control palette like on the past. For example the date picker control...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow us to change the style of icons in the toolbars; they're visually hard to discern

I have a hard time discerning the icons in the toolbar-and they are ugly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve tell me what you want to do

It needs to include menu items and it helpful than searching in the menus. For example: inserting a specific formula, and then I see it and click on it. Searching in the formula library menus when using tell me is difficult to find the right command.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wishing cell live update & easy checklist

I've been longing for feature like google sheet's cloud-based multiuser live update by instant sheet shareability. And easy setup for checklist with checkboxes alongside e.g. a numbered list. With this 2 features, group work can be enhanced with up-to-date status reports.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "tell me what you want to do" is great, but.....

I wish it would ALSO show me exactly where to find it next time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable possibility to refine "Find results" using additional keywords and/or filters

Enable possibility to refine "find results" using additional keywords and/or filters. (and enable to search terms separated by a space, e.g. "production data" ).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create forms (same as Smartsheet webforms) that are easy and don't require Macros

I am wondering if you can create a Form that doesn't need VBA to enable easy data entry into a table. The Smartsheet webforms are ideal for data entry, being simple and straightforward. I know that this is possible using macros, but the problem is that not everyone knows how to use Macros.

Forms are very suitable for the Access application. However my thought was to create an easy to use form that common Excel users can create, modify, etc. This would make Excel a much more useful databasing application.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excel workbook generator from Access application

You bave Access aplication which is used to create big Excel workbooks see the page . Any comments - read pls.https://sites.google.com/site/michalhgorski/file-cabinet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Incorporate some basic Project Planning functions

Use Excel to plan simple projects. Include dependencies and resources functions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Select upper/lower triangular matrix with or without diagonal elements

Should be able to select a range of cells and then have the ability to select just the upper or lower triangular matrix of that range, either with or without the diagonal elements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Favorites accessible in Insert Hyperlink

A useful feature across Windows is if the Insert Hyperlink dialog can access my Favorites list. I use Favorites a lot in Windows Explorer and it would be great to access the files in there when I'm doing my hyperlink.

Also the "Recent files" list should be waaay longer, and should just include the filename, without all the path... my workplace has folder paths so long that all my filenames are off on the right-hand-side of a list I can't resize, and I end up clicking one file at a time to see if it's the right one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a Form Wizard like Access has to be able to use and create the way you want.

Create a Form Wizard like Access has to be able to use and create the way you want.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need more fuctions for save as option

its hard to find suggestion box but its okay,
    i have a little suggestion for MS-Excel, when i want to save a document in excel i see some pre-used location, but most of time i have to save a document on folder which present on desktop, and for this i have to go first on desktop then i have to go for that particular folder. instead of this process, can you add pin which present on present on desktops locations right hand side which opens folders present on desktop immediately, so we can directly access to that folder, it will…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Zero Amount Valuable In Excel Before Valuable Digits (Improve Excel In 2017 edition)

Zero have no value if it is added before valuable amount, but in somehow user of excel is demanded or requirement of a report is needed to mentioned zero before valuable digits as it is automatically remove, i suggest that zero must be remain in the amount and special option is available in 2017 ms-excel, to remove zero before valuable amount.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PowerQuery will auto update on refresh, but I would like to save the workbook 'as of' a certain date (i.e. month end)

Power Query can automatically reach out and update a workbook for the newest data. And then I can run Pivot Tables off of it. But I would like the ability (SaveAs Variant) to save the file and freeze the current data table but NOT the related pivot tables and analytics. This would be helpful at week end and month end dates for financial information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have the print settings remember more than two-sided for a s/s.

Have the print settings remember more than two-sided for a s/s. I print a selection repeatedly for my schedule s/s and it bugs me that you no longer remember that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ribbon buttons function clicked and application in background

If I add a button like save (because the default file save is so annoying), I would like the button to work the first time I press it, even if the application is in the background, at least give me the option to turn this on and off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ClearClipboard API 64 bit Office 2013

Currently, the 64 bit of Excel 2013 does not allow the ClearClipboard function to clear the clipboard. Please add this functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Size of user forms are different with Excel 2016

I am having Excel 2013 (VBA7.0) and 2016(VBA7.1) installed on a same computer(windows 10).

Then I created one simple user form with 2013 and 2016 individually. The size of the user form are different when I run the user form with these two different excel/vba version.

I set form.width = 240 for both but 2013 has bigger size than 2016. Same problem for form.height.

Is there anyone know was there something changed with 2016 or vba7.1.

The issue was also reproduced by other users. See following discussion.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21a8bbbb-92f6-406e-9b86-ae21b63570b0/size-of-user-forms-are-different-with-excel-2016?forum=exceldev

Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base