Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7z archive file password recovery

Simply use eSoftTools 7z password recovery software to get back 7-z file password without any failure. Three different recovery method is introduced by this tool and user can apply one attack from the given attacks(mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack). the software presents A FREE DEMO VERSION to every client.

Read More:-https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bring back the bar on the right and bottom of spreadsheet to move thru out.

I use all ways to move thru my spreadsheets, but for accuracy I like the bar and using my curser up and down to the cell I need. STEPPING UP ON MY SOAPBOX NOW: I really tired of MS is trying to be Apple. You are MS and your programs created accuracy and easy for customer. Cool are for non-working people who have the time to hope it will work.....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VBA & VBE icons

Why two different icons for VBA & VBE, they both take one to the editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable Full Customization File->New Screen: Select Templates to Display w/Thumbnails

When creating a new excel worksheet (File-> New) aside from my pinned templates, excel choses what templates are displayed. Even if I pin 10 templates, there are still useless templates at the end of th page. I don't want all that clutter. Furthermore, it would be great if the thumbnail for the custom template I created look like the template. This part is available in Word, but Word still has all the useless templates cluttering the File->New screen. I have attached a screen capture of the excel screen w/X's on the templates that I DON'T want. The WORD screen capture…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 7z unlocker

unlock 7z file password via eSoftTools 7z unlocker tool can recover all password like- A-Z, a-z,1-0,@&^ etc within some times. it can apply three recovery techniques- mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack can give authority to re-open locked 7z file with no harm data information.

Get More:- https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add My Supported Feedback to Uservoice

Thank you for including a "My Feedback" link on the User Voice home page. However, My feedback is too broad because it shows both ideas I SHARED and ideas I SUPPORTED.
    Separate this into 2 links would help users find an review SHARED ideas, without also having to scroll thru SUPPORTED ideas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Copy multiple selections into Clipboard

I've always wanted the option to copy multiple selections to the clipboard. When you paste, you'd be presented with the option of everything on your clipboard, to be able to pick which selection(s) you want to paste.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After a recent update, the "Insert Comment" option is no longer available from the right-click menu.

The "Insert Comment" option is no longer available from the right-click menu. It is still visible under the "Insert" tab, but the button is gray and I can't click on it. I can use shift + F2 or I have to add a custom group to the ribbon in order to get it to work. Why has it been removed from the right-click menu and why has it been disabled?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. stop changing it would help a lot but if you can't do that, just tell me what to do so i won't lose any of my data.

stop changing it would help a lot but if you can't do that, just tell me what to do so i won't lose any data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 7z password recovery

eSoftTools 7z password recovery software is a smart tool to get back your forgotten 7zip file password. it can apply three recovery process- mas attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack for password restoration without any problem. A free demo version is available for each user.

Get More:- https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a voice speaking feature to read what is in the cell - and the option to repeat it.

Audio voice - this would allow for the user to choose the cell they want to "hear" and command excel to "speak" the contents of the cell. Also, to repeat the contents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel Find feature for next consecutive number

I would like the ability for the Find/Replace box to include something like "a next integer" find. For example I search for 55235 and then click either a left arrow to search for 55234 or right arrow and it will search for 55236. Basically the function is read what is in the search box and either subtract 1 or add 1 to that value to locate the next number in a spreadsheet. Seems simple enough to do this without re-sorting an entire spreadsheet. This would still not effect the basic function of the Find Next used for finding the same…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Personalized ribbon

Windows Start-menu has "recently used"-section. What if Excel (and other Office apps) would have "personalized" ribbon as default view, showing most often used buttons. You could manually edit it and office would suggest adding/removing something based on how often it's used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change how comment box opens. I hover over comment it opens on RH side, make option to open on LH side.

Be able to change the format of which side of the data box a comment opens on. Right now it opens on RH side of data box and if freeze panes is used the data box is no completely viewable. You have to move or edit the comment in order to read it.
    If it option to open up on LH side of data box comment would be viewable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display the creation date for new posts in User Voice Forum

When viewing Excel Voice forum posts, it would be helpful to include the Created: mm/yy/dd timestamp. Then, forum users can see the age for every post is without first having to open and view the full entry.

More Info
    I frequently scan posts that show up during my search or entry of new ideas. If an entry is very old and has no votes, I would likely not spend any more time reading the entry. On the other hand, if I could see the entry is fairly recent (without first having to open the entry), I might simply vote for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Header and footer

It would be great, if you could make it possible to change the header and footer, from 3 sektions to make 1 or 2 sektions. It would make my job much more simple and it would be usefull for many.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add dictate in Excel, much needed.

Please add Dictate command in Excell too, it is very helpful to avoid manuall tyoung. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. how to restore 7z file password

Try the best solution for 7z password recovery is going through eSoftTools 7z unlocker tool. This tool can solve all types of password combination like- alphabetic, numeric, alphanumeric and symbolic key also. It can solve password arrangements without wasting too much time. A FREE DEMO VERSION is also available for each customer supports all windows and 7zip.

Get More:- https://www.7zunlocker.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. EDB to PST Converter Tool to Export Exchange EDB Files to Outlook PST

To Convert EDB to PST I would like to suggest a perfect solution that can easily Export Exchange EDB Files to Outlook PST, If you use this Regain EDB to PST Converter Software then you can Export Exchange EDB Files to Outlook PST in just few clicks. this Software Convert Exchange Public and Private folders to Office 365 or PST format. If you want to use this Software free demo version before buy this Software then you can also try this Software free demo version.

Download this Software free demo version from here: http://www.edbtopstconverter.emltopstutility.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. symble

Please give symble of Indian Rupee

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)