Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix 'Can't find project or library' Error

We have many files that use large amounts of macros and UDFs, among many other advanced features of Excel. These files can work perfectly for weeks at a time, be working perfectly when we save and close them, then randomly open with the "Can't find project or library" error. They don't always open with this, sometimes they open perfectly fine again - It truly is random as to when they will open with this error.

Since the beginning of this year, myself and a colleague have collectively lost ~5 weeks of working time due to this error, and having to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give us back some window title bar space

While I commend the ideas of using the windows title bar area of the application for some new useful features, the addition now of too many things makes it so I have no idea where to click and hold when I want to move a window around in the screen!

The addition now of the search at the top and the other features makes it so I don't have a free empty space to click!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For Excel and the other office app, allow saving up to 3 different locations at one time with one click of the save button.

For Excel and the other office app, allow saving up to 3 different locations at one time with one click of the save button. The different save locations can be set up with each document or have a user defult setup. This will allow saving multiple locations at once each time the save function is clicked. For example, one location could be a cloud server, one to your local drive, and one to an external/flash drive. This feature would be a great time saver and all copies would be in sync with the same time-stamp.
    Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please [try to] add Frost National Bank

https://www.frostbank.com/

A big bank mostly in TEXAS, a big state....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have some extra analytic formulas so that it makes excel more user friendly such as for business analysis or scientific analysis etc.,

Have advanced features such as modelling techniques in data analysis toolpaks etc.
    Such as ARIMA, VAR etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pre-release new versions of VBA

I have been having a lot of trouble with changes that are being made in Visual Basic by people who are obviously not VBA users themselves.

I am a developer and keep historical versions of the programs I am working on, and I'm tripping all over changes that are being made. And it's particularly irksome that I have go back and figure out why something isn’t working and then re-debug code that's that has been working for years..

Another thing I have a problem with is recent changes in the way VBA itself works. It use to be than when…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Copy --> Paste special functionality that translates. For example I received a file with columns with headers written in German. Here I wou

Copy --> Paste special functionality that translates.
    For example I received a file with columns with headers written in German. Here I would like to mark all the headers. Press Ctrl + C and then paste special --> translate. There is a translate functionality under Review --> Translate. My idea is that this data could be used to replace the German headers to English header. Furthermore it would be nice if Excel detects the language and then translates it to my preferred language (or other if i choose to). If I then send my file back to my German colleague…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete an open file

If you have an open Excel file, it would be nice to send it to the trash while it's open, instead of closing it / finding it on the server / and then deleting it.

Maybe a File / Delete option (under File / Close)
    Or, next to "Share", you could have a "Delete" button which sends it to the recycling bin.

Just a thought--you could always recover/restore any file that was accidentally trashed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. frustration

Here is a idea, how about having two buttons at the top next to help button, one for novice, two for pro.

So when i click on novice to ask how to start using excel, it actually starts with the basic. Have you noticed. Every day there is a update to make something better, but someone forgot there are people who really do not need things to change so rapidly. Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of the eraser.

I am just starting to learn how to use excel, for a program (which might not be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow drag and drop in the customize ribbon interface

We have to click to select and move the mouse away to go click a button to move the things around, like we were still in the '90's, instead of just moving them with the mouse. This is expecially agravating when moving stuff far away up and down the list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The ability to set Check Accessibility function WITH real time edit suggestions similar to how spell check works.

The ability to set Check Accessibility function WITH real time edit suggestions similar to how spell check works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add my Bank Northwest Federal Credit Union (NWFCU.org)

So far Money in excel is good, please add my bank NWFCU.org Also, I have CD's (25) in Barclay bank US that I can't import? Can you make it so multiple CD's can be added from one bank? Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. have a find circular reference tool

Pls add a tool, to be able to find the circular reference easier. A direct link/button would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Money in Excel - Ability to rename accounts

Once an account is linked, it would be great if when on the 'Edit' page, we were able to rename / nickname the accounts and institutions for easy recognition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can't find a way to give feedback in File Explorer, so am doing it here.

Re: File Explorer
    In the View tab, one of the options (on the left) is to show a preview pane. In the preview window, Excel .xlsx files display just fine, but .xlsm files display "No preview available". How come?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Loan Repayment Schedule Template in Office 365

Hi
    I found the “Loan Repayment Schedule” Template in Office 365 very practical for the individual shopping for a ie: a new car but could be modified to satisfy the individual who has an existing long term car loan and wanting to evaluate the “principal / interest” impact of changing the “extra payments” throughout the loan period.
    Suggested changes: 1) remove the Automatic “TODAY” function in the “Start date of loan” & replace with a “variable start date” box and an auto adjust in the “Payment Date” box.
    2) replace or remove the “optional extra payments” row whereby we can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problems with text to speech NOT Addressed

Text to speech give wrong format even though region is correct

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A shortcut to move to the next cell and immediately enter edit mode

This would function as pressing enter or tab followed by F2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sync Office settings with multiple devices

Why set up each device separately, it's time consuming!

Wouldn’t it be awesome if all settings (including the ribbon, the personal macro workbook, plug-ins, etc.) would sync automatically between all your devices?

It's time for MS Office to embrace the power of cloud computing!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft 365

You have now called Office 365 Microsoft 365 and yet the Account section refers to Office Insider and Office Updates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base