Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Money in Excel: separate tab for each account

Money in Excel template: I'd like to have a separate tab for each of my banking accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Money in Excel: Sort categories

For Money in Excel template: I'd like to have the categories sorted in alphabetical order. I don't care whether they are original categories or my custom categories - I want to see them all together sorted alphabetically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. please provide excel password recovery function using any security method

please provide excel password recovery function using any security method,
    so many problems are created if not recoverd password

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why IOS "Numbers" removes password protection from password protected MS Excel spreadsheet?

My operating system is Windows 10 Pro and I use Excel 2010 in my desktop.

I created a timesheet using formulas and protected it with a password, allowing users to insert details in the desired cells only, so that they fill up the basic details only like date, start time, finish time and break and the set formulas do the calculation by itself.

However, most of the users have IOS either they use their mobile or Macbook to fill up the data in the aforementioned timesheet and they don't have MS Office. The problem is when they run this timesheet…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please allow us to disable the popup warning every time we "save as" a file into CSV format.

Please allow us to disable the popup warning every time we "save as" a file into CSV format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the dictate command in excel

It will be very helpful like Microsoft has added in word. it allows us to say and it types automatically. Data entry can be faster using this idea...
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Data validation with a list using a named range doesn't work properly

With data validation using a list, where the source list is a named range.
    If you leave the "Ignore if blank" parameter it won't block entries that aren't from the list; if you uncheck "ignore if blank" it does block wrong entries but it also displays any blank cell as an invalid entry, even if there are blank cells in the named range.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MS Support Home pages for PivotTable PivotChart

PowerPivot
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/power-pivot-help-241aac41-92e3-4e46-ae58-2f2cd7dbcf4f

and
    PowerQuery
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-power-query-for-excel-help-2b433a85-ddfb-420b-9cda-fe0e60b82a94

both have pretty good home pages. It would be nice if you could create similar home pages for PivotTables, PivotChart, PowerBI. Include cross links between all of the pages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Convert Exchange EDB file to PST

You can easily repair corrupted or damaged EDB File and convert EDB file to PST Outlook file by getting this most talented eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter Software.

It will easily remove all corruption errors from EDB file and never make any changes in EDB File database.

EDB to PST Software can convert EDB file into PST, EML, MSG, HTML, and EMLX file format with all contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and appointments.

You can also use its preview feature which displays all Mailbox items of EDB file to transfer them selectively to PST and also you can simply try its…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. money in excel

Can you add the apple card as a credit card account. the url is card.apple.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. drop down list in data filter

when we select the drop down list for any column, it has to be expanded each time to see the values available. while it may not be feasible to accommodate all values vertically, but the horizontal expansion should not be required. The list should become wider depending on the cell width range

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. find and replace

When you find a text or number, the cell should get highlighted with color yellow or user choice of color to attract attention to the cell. At present, one has to search for the cursor. Thanks!

Similarly, the replace button should get highlighted if used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Do not delete working files when Excel crashes.

Excel stopped responding. Offered to recover. I said sure. It took several minutes but it opened a blank workbook. The file I was working with disappeared - was erased from my system.
    I was saving my work every hour. Now I have nothing left.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Exciting Examples Of Creating An Artist Wiki Page

I have found recently and researched Wikipedia's formation for both artists and entertainers. That is why I did some research and told other people about it. Others have offered me different advice about how to create a Wiki page, but my main support was to create Wikipedia itself. On Wikipedia, you can read extensive details about how to create the artist's Wikipedia profile. Here, you can find an appropriate prototype, which can be used as a helpful and full guide for the creation of a website. What other good ways can you find in creating a Wikipedia article for artists?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Money in Excel Template

It would be nice to see a year over year spend by vendor, by category, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excel spreadsheet as desktop background and keep updated. Using windows 10

I would like to use excel spreadsheet as desktop background and have it update when changes are made to original document i use win 10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. excel money

posible software bugs, 1 the snapshot chose month below is not changing to july on july first 2020 it still shows june data and through the entire system
    2. when getting update from my bank it dose not show pending transactions so the data i am seeing will always be a day or two late. can you take a look at these things
    thank you for your help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy Workbook Prevention

If I pass my excel workbook to an individual, he / she will have the ability to duplicate the file and pass on to others leaving multiple uncontrolled copies.

Could the Save As and Copy File for the excel workbook be somehow disabled or password restricted. So only the author has the ability to distribute the file.

Obviously the owner would be able to make multiple copies

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back ability to email one sheet as body of an email, instead of entire workbook. This was an option in previous excel years.

In previous versions of excel, you could choose to email the current sheet you were using as the body of the email. This new excel in Office 365 only allows you to send the entire workbook, which I don't need. I only need to send 2 pages. Now I am required to save as a PDF to send the documents. Then I need to delete the PDF's since I don't need the copies. This is causing extra work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base