Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have Delete Files go to Recycle Bin on Computer, in case of accidental file delete.

Direct a Deleted Excel File to the Recycle Bin; in case of accidental deletion. Then it could be recovered. Currently a deleted file is gone for good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. accessibility options

it would be nice if there was any accessibility options for disabled people so that they can also funtion with msexcel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. normal formulas should be the default not the r1c1 style-its ridiculous

normal formulas should be the default not the r1c1 style-its ridiculous

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I use "Save As", I would like to have the option to also remove the "old" file and location.

When I use "Save As", I would like to have the option to also remove the "old" file and location.
    This would cut down on multiple locations for files that are essentially the same.
    "Save as and remove"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SysInspire 7z password recovery

Every user can recover his lost 7z file password with the help of SysInspire 7z password recovery software. This tool is fully safe secure and risk-free and gives 100% result for every password recovery process with few seconds. 7z unlocker tool can apply three recovery attacks- mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack. A preview is always displaying on the screen so, you can check your recovery process any time.

Read More:- https://www.sysinspire.com/7z-password-recovery-software/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right click 'Insert Multiple'

Rather than having to highlight multiple rows/columns to insert that amount, highlight one row/column and right-click with an option called 'Insert Multiple'. Pop up box asks how many rows/columns you want and then it inserts. Much easier!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When using the Filter feature the gray colored arrows should visually change more dramatically than the current icon.

When using the Filter feature in Data, the "selected" column filter icon changes from a triangle to a filter icon with a small triangle.
    This selected icon should visually change more dramatically than the current icon.
    I frequently use 40 to 50 columns for filtering, and it is very difficult to find the active columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please attempt to simplify this application. I am in my second year of college and working Excel has by far been the most stressful part.

Honestly, there should be a full, in-depth Excel tour available on the app, because despite taking two classes specially on Excel, I am still left in the dark and confused about how to use and navigate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Continent/Region Fields To Geography Data Type

I would like to see two additional properties that would be very useful in grouping a large list of countries while using the Geography Data Type: Continent and Region (EMEA, APAC, AMER)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unlock Excel Spreadsheet Password Protection

Unlock Excel Spreadsheet Password Protection via eSoftTools Excel Password Unlocker Software is the world best password recovery, remover, & unlocker tool. With this software, you can unlock the strongest password combinations like alphabetic, numeric, & symbolic character with the help of Mask Attack, Brute Force Attack, & Dictionary Attack method. User can also unlock Access file password and Word file password with FREE DEMO VERSION to the user preview with all supported versions up to 2019 and Windows versions up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit).

Visit Here For More Info:- https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. file icon with yellow warning ribbon

show specific warning language when hovering over a file icon displaying yellow warning ribbon and exclamation point

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. General

It would be nice to know what user recommendations Microsoft is considering or has actually assigned to a release date. I've seen vertical tab recommendations for years, some who want it on the left some on the right allowing for increased tab names, and some who want tabs organized like windows explorer, but are users in fact wasting their time while MS uses this tool to let people vent thinking something is being addressed when in effect nothing is happening. Toward that end, maybe a MS response to specific recommendations would provide users feedback about the recommendation's merits and implementation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unlock Excel Password

Now download eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery Software to remove excel password and ***** excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xla, .xlam, .xltm) file password instantly without any damage or harm excel worksheet. This Excel Password Remover Software unlock excel password with dictionary attack, brute force attack and password known/ mask attack. It unlocks word document and access file password with supported version up to 2019, also supports Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).

More Info:- https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. peek at a tab

Show a preview of the last area viewed on a tab when you hover a the cursor over a tab. It would make it really easy to peek at other tabs and read / view relevant information when working on another tab,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Other Set up options for all spreadsheet to include 1) Gridlines to show & print and 2) negatives to show in brackets

Add other options so that for all new Excel spreadsheets:
    1) Gridlines can be shown & printed, and
    2) negatives are shown in brackets

Rather than having to do it on an individual spreadsheet basis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unlock Excel file password

If any reason you lost excel password and you want to open it, so download eSoftTools Excel Password Unlocker Software to recover excel file password with Dictionary Attack, Brute Force Attack, and Mask Attack. Excel Password Unlocker Software capable to break excel password without any damage Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xla, .xlam, .xltm) file, it removes MS Word and Access file password and supports all excel version up to 2019.

Read More:- https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

Social Media

Like Facebook Page:- https://www.facebook.com/esofttoolsexcelpasswordrecovery

Tweet any FAQ by Twitter:- https://twitter.com/esofttools

Watch Informative Videos On YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hJrG_ZWSs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. unhide multiple tabs all at once

when selecting unhide, I would like to be able to select multiple tabs instead of just one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Vertical, Hierarchical Worksheet Tab Column at the right instead of Worksheet tabs at the bottom

Instead of having worksheet tabs at the bottom of the viewing window, put the worksheet tabs in a column to the far right. This way you can see more tabs on the screen at a time and use longer more descriptive worksheet titles. This would make worksheets much easier to navigate and organize. Furthermore it would be great to make the tabs able to be hierarchical as in the attached example where Schedule 4 has a drop-down arrow that that reveals tabs for sub-schedules a, b and c. Of course please keep all of the fill color options for the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Help, how to install an update?

It is great that I get a message in a status bar that an Update is available when I open an Excel spreadsheet. However, after I then save and close my spreadsheet - this information bar disappears. Do I really need to start an update with an open spreadsheet? BIZARRE!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base