Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Fuzzy Lookup add-in functionality native to Excel on Office 365

We have been using this "Fuzzy Lookup add-in" highly in cleansing and building the customer (corporates) hierarchy.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=15011

Addition of the below features natively into Excel in Office 365 will definitely be a game changer. I am sure this functionality is tremendously used in companies like Dun & Brad Street and other companies.
    1. Fuzzy Lookup: Integrate Fuzzy lookup add-in functionality into VLOOKUP and MATCH functions as an option
    2. Fuzzy Duplicates Identification: Integrate this functionality into Highlight Duplicates feature as an option of Conditional formatting
    3. Fuzzy Duplicates Deletion: Integrate this functionality into Delete Duplicates feature as an option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore ability to multi-delete connections

In earlier versions of Excel, in the Data tab the "Connections" link would open a modal allowing user to select-all or multi-select existing connections and delete them.

In the version of Excel I was just upgraded to (v1708 build 8431.2153), the new "Queries & Connections" link opens a side-drawer with its own Connections tab, and in there the user is forced to delete ONE connection at a time.

This is not a UX improvement. When the user has to select dozens (even hundreds) of connections one at a time it is very time consuming.

Please restore the ability to multi-select…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Saving custom color permanently

Being sble to save a few custom colours permanently would be nice. Having to make them all over again always is a waste of time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. email insight template

Bring back the Calendar Insight and Email Insight templates. For some reason these are no longer showing up on Excel 2016 or the Office 365 Version of Excel.I found these to be very useful, and am bummed they disappeared.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Excel 2016 compatible with Excel 2010

Please make Excel 2016 compatible with Excel 2010 and older versions of Excel. I do work schedules in Excel 2010. It opened fine in my home version of Excel 2016 until an update last month. Now when I try to open the schedule, it flashes on the screen, loses the color (each employee is a different color) and then the spreadsheet goes to black. This has made my job nearly impossible. It opened and worked beautifully until recently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use a crosshair mouse cursor so it can be used to underline the data item your looking at.

A crosshair mouse cursor extends the full width and height of the app. When you are looking at one line of data you could position the crosshair under the data which would then allow you to easily look at all the data on that line.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. vba collapse subs/functions

It would be great if we can collapse subs/functions like this is possible in all other IDE's / advance text writers. This option would increase the visual experience of de VBA console with 200%.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add back customize toolbar like MS Office 2003

For power user, customize toolbar speed up productivity. i don't want to click through so many layer to use my frequent icon. i need to use more than 10 icon daily. Customize ribbon is too short

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text Visualisation - Font selection and Windows Font Manager

Please improve the Visualisation during Zoom in Excel and Word, and all other MS Software.

visualising selected font types from the menu immediately applied to the text in the document for good visualization.

Also that the dropdown menu does not cover the text.

Also could you include a good Font Manager in Windows that places unused fonts in a Unused folder for later use but not necessarily main dropdown menu list, but only to search when selecting the last point in the dropdown menu for fonts in each SW by MS?

And, can you make the window I´m typing in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Color Emoji

Now that Word supports color emoji, are there any plans to support this in Excel as well?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Office 365 ProPlus - Excel 2016 plus sign flashing cursor issue after upgrade from 1703 to 1709

Recently upgraded from 1703 to 1709. After the upgrade I'm now experiencing an issue with the Excel plus sign cursor flashing/alternating between the plus sign and standard mouse cursor when the cursor is moved, from cell to cell, within a spreadsheet/workbook - no other Office apps are affected (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio). Current Office ProPlus build is Version 1709 (Build 8528.2147 Click-to-Run)/(16.0.8528.2126) Monthly Channel . 1709 build 16299.19. This behavior is occurring on multiple systems, from different manufacturers, that were updated from 1703 to 1709. The other systems are running the identical version of ProPlus.

Troubleshooting I have done…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix filter box

I see that someone has suggested making the filter box adjust to the widest value but that could cause issues if there is a single long description. If you could set it to remember how wide I make it, that would be really special. Each time I use a filter it goes back to the default width and the place to click and drag the box wider is a little finicky. Actually now that I mention it, the check boxes in the filter are a little finicky too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drop down calendar in the toolbar

Place a calendar icon on toolbar to open a calendar for date reference.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. remove that dialog box and the associated sound from a completed spell-check that says "you're good to go"

remove that dialog box and the associated sound from a completed spell-check that says "you're good to go"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Protected Sheet not be showen without passward

In passward Protected Sheet , No one See the Sheet without passward.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clipboard saves the recently copied item- This is stupid!!! You cannot then insert a blank cell without first closing the worksheet.

Clipboard saves the recently copied item- This is stupid!!! You cannot then insert a blank cell without first closing the worksheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase Visibility on Excel sheet

I use my Excel spreadsheet with High Contrast Black and your Representative JoeyT just went through my sheet to help me. She discovered the reason I am unable to put a fill color in a cell.
    It is because I am using High Contrast Black, when we switched to "NONE" and got the VERY BRIGHT white spreadsheet, it would accept any fill color.

PLEASE find a way to allow a person to continue to use High Contrast Black AND ALSO be able to add fill colors for easier visibility and organization of the spreadsheet.

My email is tabjr14@hotmail.com I am…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. LEAVE IT THE **** ALONE!!!

IF IT ISN'T BROKE THEN LEAVE IT THE **** ALONE!!! THIS IS BULL. HAVING TO LEARN THROUGH TRIAL AND ERROR THE "NEW" FEATURES JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE GOT A WILD HAIR UP THEIR BUTT.

LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to turn off scroll bars snap to top left cell visible

When scrollin through worksheet.
    If you have a big cell and want to see only part of it on top, because you have more important data rows bellow, you can't do it.
    Exel will always snap to top left of the cell visible at the top left.
    Make option to disable view snap to cell top left.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base