Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Translate an Entire Excel File

Instead of translating cell-by-cell, translate an entire excel file, similar to the feature in Word.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HEY IDIOTS- DID YOU FIX THE ******* "HIT ESCAPE EVERY ******* TIME YOU CUT AND PASTE IN EXCEL 365" CRAPWARE UPDATE FROM JUNE 2017 TODAY? T

HEY IDIOTS- DID YOU FIX THE "HIT ESCAPE EVERY TIME YOU CUT AND PASTE IN EXCEL 365" CRAPWARE UPDATE FROM JUNE 2017 TODAY? THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE YOU FEEDBACK EVERY TIME I HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE WHILE WORKING FOR AWHILE. *********.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide the functionality to create a searchable data validation list

If a user will have searchable data validation, where a user can provide at-least three characters. It will improve the functionality

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GET MORE THEMES

get light gray themes for office 206

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please enable the protect sheet option when selecting multiple worksheets.

When we have multiple sheets in a workbook and if we need to protect every single sheet, we have to go for single sheet and protect the sheet but it will not support when we selecting multiple sheets.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. HEY IDIOTS-DID YOU FIX THE ******* "HIT ESCAPE EVERY ******* TIME YOU CUT AND PASTE IN EXCEL 365" CRAPWARE UPDATE FROM JUNE 2017 TODAY?

HEY IDIOTS- DID YOU FIX THE "HIT ESCAPE EVERY TIME YOU CUT AND PASTE IN EXCEL 365" CRAPWARE UPDATE FROM JUNE 2017 TODAY? THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE YOU FEEDBACK EVERY TIME I HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE WHILE WORKING FOR AWHILE. *********.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Smart excel

Create a smart microsoft excel similar similar to siri or google assistant so we can use excel by voice
    For example we can ask the excell assistant to to the sum of colon c

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. comments

Option for using "legacy" comments handling instead of threaded comments - I might like the new threaded comments option in the latest Excel 2016 update. However for now, I have a spreadsheet that is shared with other users and I would like to just be able to enter comments like I did before so that this looks right for them. They can see my comments still but they have to enlarge the comments window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ability to set up a template for comments that would be used when inserting a new comment.

The default comment is presently the user name in bold. There is no way to change it, though you can do a google search and find that a lot of people wish there was. Workarounds are typically writing VBA code that you run to insert a new comment. Not easy for many people. It would be nice if you could create a template, similar to an Outlook email message "Signature" that could be used to define the default for a new comment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add dictation to Excel for data entry

I want to be able to say somethings, say "next", then say something again to enter data into Excel cells.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Put the color back in the Quick Access icons. The 2016 icon are impossible to decipher.

Put the color back in the Quick Access icons. The 2016 icon are impossible to decipher. The white theme is too bright. Please fix this awful problem. I am an accountant and I must use Excel desktop due to the size of my files. Your GIANT step backwards in icons is incomprehensible. Please give us a theme with the 2010 Excel colors and excellent definition.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

159 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Excel table functionality in Word tables.

This could be described in one way - allow having functions in cells in Word table, allowing for:
    - conditional formatting
    - calculations
    - setting number format to a cell etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a super tab. This would then contain other tabs of same type.

So I have a spreadsheet with lots of tabs. One set of tabs is kind of similar and I would like to condense them, but I don't want to hide them. So what can we do? We could create a super tab. Then we click this and what happens? It opens all the subtabs. That kind of reduces amount of tabs , but you don't have to do that unhide thing which takes time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back the Office Assistant

I would like to have the office assistant be available as an option under the help column. I liked it in the older versions of Excel and would love to have it in all versions of Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to make Check Boxes bigger or at least big enough to be seen

The CheckBox in ActiveX controls is microscopic! You can increase the Font next to it, but you can't make the CheckBox itself any bigger. I imagine the fact that there isn't even a category above to select for suggestions for the Design Tab items tells me why this tiny CheckBox has not been addressed by the developers. 2016 was not a good release. You need some people who know how to use a spreadsheet on the development team.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please respect user ideas!

If a user asks you to update VBA since he has passionate about this language and wants to see it better, you have to respect his idea and to care for it!

Stop decline user ideas about VBA as you did here:

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/8843113-bring-vba-into-the-modern-world

The idea that asks you to update VBA is a great idea!

If you have no plans currently to update VBA, you may have in the future, so you have to mark these ideas "under review" not "declined"!

You must use "declined" only for ideas that don't make sense!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office Theme

I wish there will be user friendly colour themes. Currently only four colours such as white, green, dark grey and black are available. MS may provide users more colour options. Hope it happens soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. it might helpful to user if there is application for sms sender by using excel? as third party software makes pc at risk

as usual if i wanna send sms in bulk through the excel . i have to download and install third party apps /software to do that , that could be risky to pc.
    so if any trusted app/sofware is there it benefits a lots .and user haven't search for it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. quick access toolbar

I just got a new computer with Office 2016 and I wish I still had Office 2010 which was on my old computer.

Can I "drop down to 2010 version"? 

How do I do so?

The problem for me is icon size on the QAT. Previously I had 50 icons on Excel QAT and could see all of them when my spreadsheet used about half of my 27" monitor (1920x1080). Now with Office 2016 I can only see 27 in same space.

I really miss being able to have so many icons in QAT. What can I do? There is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base