Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option/Setting to Prevent Accidentally Attach Excel File to Email

We need a setting/option in Excel File to disable attach/share. This setting is needed, especially for the sensitive file which is not to be shared. This can prevent someone accidentally attach it to Email and send it out by email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grabbing

How about giving us space at the top of the window, where the title bar is, to grab and move the window without having to do something else or resize and then move! I would think this was a no-brainer, but you keep putting **** up there so there's no real estate to actually grab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. why cant i use email i have in exel

use samr emaik as i hane on another computer to accses rxile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export a disconnected exchange mailbox to Outlook PST

You can easily Export a disconnected Exchange Mailbox to Outlook PST without any data failure through the help of EDB to PST Converter Software provided by SysInspire. With this tool, you can also, Convert the exchange mailbox into multiple file formats such as PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, HTML with all save attachments like email, contacts, calendars, deleted folders, journal folders, notes. You can also, try its FREE DEMO VERSION to convert 25 items from each folder into each format with all MS Exchange mailbox, Outlook versions up to 2019 and Windows versions up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit).

Visit Here…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to automatically copy sheet name to the clipboard when sheet is selected.

If you could instruct excel to copy the sheet name to the clipboard when sheet is selected the name could then readily be pasted into other applications. In my case I have a sheet for each part # that I copy and paste into an mrp application so i am looking at information in two places about the the same part.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MICROSOFT ONEDRIVE FAILING TO SYNC PROPERLY AFTER OFFLINE WORK

On october 2019 I was working offline on my Microsoft Surface Go (Windows 10 up to date) on an excel, saved it, and then when I got back online I got a message saying that the documents couldn't be merged, and when I clicked on "Resolve" and my offline work disappeared completely, without giving me any options. The work I did offline was not present in the document versions, and not even an informatic expert could recover it. I moved my files out of One Drive and back to google drive because I cannot risk that to happen again. Please,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Office Apps Menu Header Ribbon

in the latest office update, the main menu header ribbon also has changed. The earlier version was quite compact and we used to get more real estate on the screen for our work / data.
    also with new menu option of editing, it has increased the no. of clicks for basic summation / filter options. Earlier it was more convenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. select date for open/close stock

You should be able to pick dates when selecting stock info.

E.g set the date as 06/11/2019 to get XNAS:MSFT open price on that day.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Data Validation advanced features

Please add a more advanced feature for data validation in a drop down menu in a column to allow the user of large files to be able to choose more than one option within the same cell and placing the choices as a list within the same cell.

e.g. If I want to create a list of text (abc, def, ghi, jkl, mno, .....) I want to be able to create a list that will be placed as follows:

1. abc

2. def

3. ghi

4. jkl ......

furthermore, to be able to number that list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SysInspre EDB to PST Converter Software

SysInspire EDB to PST Converter Software is the perfect way to recover Exchange EDB file and Convert into Outlook PST File. With this tool, user can also, export EDB file into many file formats such as PST, MSG, EML, EML, HTML with all file attachments like emails, contacts, calendar, task, deleted files, notes, appointments, journal folders. This application has offered a FREE DEMO VERSION to convert 25 items from each folder into each format with a smart preview function. It supports all MS Exchange Server & Outlook versions up to 2019 and Windows versions up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make this FREE, like it use to be.

This and 'WORD', use to be free. What a shame we have to now pay $100.00 a year to use something that comes with a new computer. Please make this free again, right now it is a major headache. Im sure Microsoft has made enough money by now, no need to charge for Excell and Office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In "Export", I'd like recommend a user be able to export dates and data to their calendar.

Allow the transfer of dates and data to the Outlook calendar to expand the capabilities of Excel to take on a mini-Project Manager ability, or other data scheduler based on calculations made with dates and data within a spreadsheet/workbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. extract email addresses from excel

Best Tool avaiable in market to easily extract email addresses from excel but i want to tell you top software to extract your email and phone number form excel file and this software supported on all windows version and demo software view and open your corrupt excel file complately without losing any infomation.

https://www.kmttech.com/microsoft-office-email-phone-extractor.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Saving should not block view of the spreadsheet

When saving an Excel file in Windows 10 it brings up a window which completely blocks the view of the spreadsheet being saved. When click Browse it brings up a smaller save dialog box (good) but the first window is still blocking the entire spreadsheet. When deciding on and entering a name for the spreadsheet its helpful to see the spreadsheet contents and any title(s) entered in the spreadsheet cells.
    I tried minimizing the initial save screen but it also minimizes the worksheet, so still can't see it.
    I'm not sure what version of Excel I'm using because its hidden…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excel Password Remover

You can try the best eSoftTools Excel Password Remover Software that successfully Recovers a lost Excel Password and gives you permission to re-access excel file. Excel Password Unlocker Software easily unlocks protection by applying unique methods like- dictionary attacks, brute force attacks, and password known attacks. Excel Unlocker Software will unlock excel protection and supports all MS Outlook versions included- 97, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.

Read More:- https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I use 2 monitors to avoid printing, could there be a ruler that I can put on top of my data to help me follow along?

It would help in editing and avoid printing if we could have a ruler that would go over various apps, like a PDF, Excel or Word.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Discrepancy in Date and Day for some of the Dates in Excel

Dates in Excel starting from January 01, 1900 to February 28, 1900 don't give corresponding accurate Days as that in actual Gregorian Calendar, such as:

January 01, 1900 (as per Excel) = Sunday
    January 01, 1900 (as per Gregorian Calendar) = Monday

Comprehensive details are provided in attached file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a menu item to "Hide all notes"

I inadvertently clicked "Show all notes". I had to hide them all individually - on a multi tabbed workbook with over 100 notes. A "Hide all notes" menu item would really help. I did look at multiple forums but couldn't find a way to do that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base