Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Error in the translation of the function description "PROCURAR" (MS Excel Pt-Br)

On the Brazilian Portuguese version of Microsoft Excel (desktop and online versions), the "PROCURAR" function has a translation error on its description.

The "PROCURAR" function description text uses the word "LOCALIZAR" instead of the word "PROCURAR", causing an error because "LOCALIZAR" is also another function.

The description states that "LOCALIZAR" is case sensitive. The "LOCALIZAR" function makes no distinction. The more adequate use on this case would be: "PROCURAR" is case sensitive.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the case of Excel 2019 store app version, please fix the bug that the content of CSV file is displayed as text on the browser when you cl

In the case of Excel 2019 store app version, if you click the link of the CSV file on the Internet in the browser, the contents of the CSV file will be displayed as text on the browser.
    If you reinstall the previous Excel or desktop version, the CSV file will open normally in Excel, but please fix the bug so that the store application version of Excel 2019 will also open in Excel as well.

タイトル(日本語):Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版の場合、インターネット上のCSVファイルのリンクをブラウザでクリックするとCSVファイルの内容がブラウザ上にテキストとして表示されてしまう不具合を修正して欲しい。

本文(日本語):Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版の場合、インターネット上のCSVファイルのリンクをブラウザでクリックするとCSVファイルの内容がブラウザ上にテキストとして表示されてしまいます。
    以前のExcel、もしくは、デスクトップ版を再インストールすればCSVファイルが正常にExcelで開かれますが、Excel 2019 のストアアプリ版でも同様にExcelで開くよう不具合を修正して欲しい。

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to Disable Dynamic Array Functionality

We would like the ability to disable the recently added Dynamic Array Functionality.
    According to our in-house testing, Office 365 Version 1910 (Build 12130.20272) is the first build to include the Dynamic Array functionality. This new 'feature' basically broke the way our business has managed and shared large spreadsheets made up of calculations consisting of figures from various external links.

For example… In Excel versions prior to the build listed above, when a user with access to the linked data sources opens one of these spreadsheets, the calculations will update including data from the external links. Once said spreadsheet has…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Clean the crud (esp. advertisements & foul language) from this suggestion list

Periodically, clean the crud (esp. advertisements & pointless rants written in foul language) from this suggestion list.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a floating totals row to dynamic arrays

When using dynamic arrays, it would be nice to have the option of a floating totals row at the bottom of the dynamic spill range.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why don't you respond to complaints?

Why don't you respond when complaints are made? Why don't you follow industry best practice and
    - send a response with a complaint number and date that could be followed up
    - include the text of the complaint so that it's not lost
    - commit to addressing the problem within a fixed period.
    Many if not most of us are paying a subscription for Office as a service, and - as a customer service - it's ****. It's time for Microsoft to wake up to what customer service is all about.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable the Clipboard Warning when you exit Excel - This is really annoying

This clipboard warning is only rarely relevant and incredibly annoying. Please add a clipboard option to disable the clipboard warning when you close a file.

I have been using Excel every day for decades and never once needed this warning. It is very annoying when you are trying to move through files quickly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. default margins, default page size, default header, default everything

it would be very good if you could copy and paste everything including: headers and footers, margins, page size, print areas I have set up a template and now want to make many more identical sheets but always have to adjust things

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find links

It's often VERY difficult to find the links indicated by Edit Links in the Data Tab. Obviously, Excel is aware of the links, but the user is not aware of where they are. Have a feature be able to tell the user precisely where those links are, be they in cells, buttons, hyperlnks, shapes, whatever.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. keep the user screen size permanently

I would like to set the screen size for my workbook/sheet self and keep it as long as i want. This should then become to opening size of the excel untill I change it!
    Microsoft should not decide for me what the screen size should be!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pre-release new versions of VBA

I have been having a lot of trouble with changes that are being made in Visual Basic by people who are obviously not VBA users themselves.

I am a developer and keep historical versions of the programs I am working on, and I'm tripping all over changes that are being made. And it's particularly irksome that I have go back and figure out why something isn’t working and then re-debug code that's that has been working for years..

Another thing I have a problem with is recent changes in the way VBA itself works. It use to be than when…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow us to sort Ideas on this site by number of votes

On this site, when I search for my idea, I want the most-voted-for ideas to come at the top of the results list. At the moment, the first 10 pages could be all between 1-10 votes, then first result on page 11 could have 500 votes!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. YOU CHANGED THE ******* HEADER/FOOTER INFACE. NO IMPROVEMENT, JUST CHANGED IT. FUCK_YOU

YOU CHANGED THE ******* HEADER/FOOTER INFACE. NO IMPROVEMENT, JUST CHANGED IT. FUCK_YOU

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. eSoftTools 7z password recovery

If you are looking a tool that can removes password from 7z file easily, then download eSoftTools 7z password recovery software. This is very simple in use and a non-technical person can control this device. It has three recovery techniques to open 7z file, which are- Brute Force attack, Mask attack and Dictionary attack. This tool helpful in all version of window, and break any strong combination of password.

Get more info:- https://www.7zpasswordrecovery.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Errata en web de Office support

Existe una errata en la web https://support.office.com/es-es/article/insertar-o-eliminar-una-hoja-de-c%C3%A1lculo-19d3d21e-a3b3-4e13-a422-d1f43f1faaf2#ID0EAACAAA=Office_2010 en el segundo punto donde dice "pestaña Inicio" ya que en la versión de Microsoft Office 2010 los elementos principales de la cinta de opciones se llaman FICHAS y no pestañas. El equipo de contenidos de aprendizaje de Office en la web debe revisar esta incidencia o errata y modificarla en la web del enlace que se ha indicado en el inicio de este comentario.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Scroll lock shortcut should be able to turn it on AND off

For many laptops that don't have a specific scroll lock key, scroll lock can be turned on by fn+C (which is typically dangerously close to probably the most common shortcut used in excel - ctrl+C). If scroll lock becomes turned on (whether on purpose or on accident), a user then has to open their on-screen keyboard which will have a scroll-lock key and turn it off from there. This is unnecessarily cumbersome and poses a big problem when the on-screen keyboard isn't fully functioning.

I don't see a reason why the same short cut to turn on scroll lock can't…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How to Recover 7zip Password?

The easiest method to recover the 7ZIP password is by utilizing 3 unique techniques like- Mask Attack, Dictionary Attack, and Brute Force Attack to recover lost 7z password. This eSoftTools 7Z Password Recovery Tool can simply recover 7z file passwords of any length or combination such as- uyuxc, FS, 65123, $&, and many more languages. A Free demo version of this software is also available on the official site of eSoftTools.

Get more info:- https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we please get an 'about' add in for excel? There is no way to know what version of excel I have installed.

Can we please get an 'about' add in for excel? There is no way to know what version of excel I have installed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. restore previous versions

excel or all microsoft applications should store previous saved documents so you can recover an older version thats been saved previously, I had a scenario where I edited a spreadsheet, saved and closed, the following day I found I had made many errors and was unable to undo and did not have any old documents saved, there should be an option to select which saved file you desire with a time and date stamp

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base