Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open find with options

The find dialog has an options button but it always opens with the options hidden. I literally always need to click that button to get to the options I need, or even to see which are currently set. Can Excel PLEASE remember that I clicked that button and leave options visible? Preferably between sessions too.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. financial market information disclaimer

I know this has been requested in the past by others. But:
    The Financial Market Disclaimer, across the top of the spreadsheet, when using stock data, needs to be removed as it is in the users face. Just have one universal acknowledgment, like the investment banks have, and remove the disclaimer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop Neglecting UserVoice

There are over 8000 requests in the Win10 Desktop forum while less than 600 have been tagged. It's riddled with duplicates, requests containing many different changes, bad titles, ancient posts, etc.

I don't think anyone posting in the forum feels like they have a 'voice'. They're just adding to the noise.

More staff, community moderation, a more extensive roadmap, curated feature requests up for voting, large-scale deleting of old posts, deleting the forum, anything! This is just not productive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Budgeting with Money in Excel

Can you add a budgeting function to the template Money in Excel? Tracking my transactions is great, but being able to assess if they align with a monthly budget would be ideal.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 7z password recovery software

I advise you to download SysInspire 7z password recovery software that recovers any type of combination password through the help of many recovery options such as- Brute Force Attack, Dictionary Attack, and mask Attack.

Get the details - https://www.sysinspire.com/7z-password-recovery-software/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The user name should be removed from Office apps title bar for security reasons

Say you work while traveling on a train. Someone wants to know who you are for whatever reasons. If your name is in the title bar of an application or the user name on the logon screen, giving away your credentials that easily... User credentials should not be disclosed in title bar of office applications and there is really NO sensible reason to show them on the title bar. Fancy true, safe nope. Remove it.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. About the function to display the edited file for each terminal individually in the "Recently used items" column

■Title(件名):
    端末ごとに編集したファイルを個別で "最近使ったアイテム" 欄に表示させる機能について

About the function to display the edited file for each terminal individually in the "Recently used items" column

■Description(内容):
    Excel クライアント アプリの機能として、端末ごとに編集したファイルを個別で "最近使ったアイテム" 欄に表示させる機能の追加を希望します。

As a function of the Excel client application, I would like to add a function to display the edited file for each device individually in the "Recently used items" column.

(例 : A 端末にて編集したファイルは A 端末の Excel アプリの "最近使ったアイテム" に表示され、B 端末の "最近使ったアイテム" には表示されないように設定したい。)

(Example: I want to set the file edited on A terminal to be displayed in "Recent Items" of the Excel app on A terminal, and not to be displayed…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Money in Excel Capital One

Without being able to get my Capital One data in Money in Excel I can only get a small fraction of my finances. Either work with a data aggregator that plays nice with Capital One (not Plaid) or allow me to import my data manually.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Currently Money in Excel doesn’t support Capitol One accounts. We’ve shared your feedback to the apt team for review.

Thank you for using Money in Excel!

Regards,

Vipin Nair
    The Microsoft Team

9. Unhide Tabs in One go

Hi Microsoft Excel can you please introduce a feature wherein if more than one tab is hidden it allows us to select more than one tab so we can unhide al required tabs in one go.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Money in Excel should show due dates, statement balance, and minimum owed for debts

Money in Excel should show due dates, statement balance, and minimum owed for debts (e.g. credit cards and loans). Somehow it could track if debts are on "autopay" or paid already for the next due date (or allow the user to specify these).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. NSF file converter

The SysInspire Lotus Notes to Outlook converter is such a guaranteed nsf file converter application that perfectly converts the Lotus Notes to Outlook format keeping all its database in its original form.

The user will find no variation in the file hierarchy even after the conversion of the Lotus notes nsf to outlook pst. The nsf file converter tool ensures the user can convert Lotus Notes to Outlook without installation of MS Outlook on the computer.

Follow the below-given steps to import Lotus Notes to Outlook:-

Firstly, install the SysInspire Lotus Notes to Outlook.
    Click on add nsf file option. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. convert Thunderbird to PST file

If you need to convert Thunderbird to PST file then, I would like to recommend using eSoftTools MBOX converter software that quickly migrates your multiple MBOX files into Outlook PST files. The tool performs with all Windows editions as well as supports 25 email clients for MBOX format such as Thunderbird, Eudora, Apple mails, Gmail, and several others. Download free demo editions of this software which converts the first 25 details/folder as well.

Read more:- https://www.esofttools.com/thunderbird-to-outlook-converter.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool

Nowadays, it tends to be hectic to discover the adequate Lotus Notes to Outlook converter because lots and lots of software are being inaugurated in the market.
    But SysInspire has proved it's worth in this competitive era.

The SysInspire Lotus Notes to Outlook converter is the guaranteed and worthy to use application that perfectly converts the Lotus Notes to Outlook format keeping all its database intact.

Follow the below-given steps to import Lotus Notes to Outlook:-

Firstly, install the SysInspire Lotus Notes to Outlook.
    Click on add NSF file option.
    Choose the NSF file and click on Export in Outlook…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Download free lotus notes to outlook converter

SysInspire can be termed as a highly professional NSF export and migration tool available at a very low cost for the users. The SysInspire makes sure that the Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion cAn be done freely.
    Using SysInspire NSF to PST converter tool you can view the content of NSF file before saving them finally to PST file. This preview will make sure that the data being migrated is accurate or not.
    To convert lotus notes NSF to PST use SysInspire NSF to PST and I also took the help of this SysInspire for the conversion of my mailboxes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SysInspire Free NSF to PST Converter

Get the best conversion of NSF database file into a couple of configurations like HTML, PST Outlook, CSV, EML, MSG, MBOX and vCard just in least time usage by using SysInspire Free NSF to PST Converter Tool. This program gives the most secure NSF file conversion with Lotus Notes and it can immaculately work with all interpretations of Outlook, for instance, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019. It grant customer to seeing the review of E-sends, Chats, Contacts, Appointments, Inbox-Outbox things, Drafts, Sent Items, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Journal.

Read more about:- https://www.sysinspire.com/nsf-to-pst-converter/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fill options in Excel 365 online

Is it possible that the free online version of Office 365 (Excel) can be updated to include the Fill Options that are currently in the software versions of Excel (2016, 2019, etc). I teach Microsoft Excel, and many of my students are using Chromebooks with their only access to the program being Office.com.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can I open lotus notes emails in outlook

Being a novice in case of operating Lotus Notes, I thought whether I would be able to open Lotus Notes emails in Outlook or not.

Then I decided to use the free demo version of the SysInspire NSF to PST converter to check it.

I was suggested to use the application by my friend and all thanks to him for suggesting such a tremendous application like the free SysInspire NSF to PST converter

Download and install the SysInspire tool in the local machine.
    Run the software to open the NSF files particularly emails into Outlook PST
    Click on the Add…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Error in the translation of the function description "PROCURAR" (MS Excel Pt-Br)

On the Brazilian Portuguese version of Microsoft Excel (desktop and online versions), the "PROCURAR" function has a translation error on its description.

The "PROCURAR" function description text uses the word "LOCALIZAR" instead of the word "PROCURAR", causing an error because "LOCALIZAR" is also another function.

The description states that "LOCALIZAR" is case sensitive. The "LOCALIZAR" function makes no distinction. The more adequate use on this case would be: "PROCURAR" is case sensitive.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stock Data does not support Singapore and Malaysia Stock.

Stock Data to include Singapore and Malaysia Stock.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Convert notes to outlook

NSF to PST Converter tool is considered to be a highly reliable tool which converts the Lotus Notes to Outlook PST file.
    SysInspire NSF to PST converter is an efficient NSF converter tool which is used to convert all the notes into Outlook.
    The SysInspire lotus to outlook Converter enables the users to convert lotus notes tasks to Outlook by maintaining the initial folder structure of the data such as emails, calendar, appointments, contacts, events, information. Without modifying the data.
    The original NSF file will not be rectified in any way during the conversion process. The user interface of NSF…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base