Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a floating totals row to dynamic arrays

When using dynamic arrays, it would be nice to have the option of a floating totals row at the bottom of the dynamic spill range.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not everything has to be a video in help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Improve Help. Go back to the old way!!!!!!!
    Not everything has to be a video!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Query - Some functions are not translated correctly

There are two functions in Microsoft Query:

"Cancel and Return to Microsoft Excel" and
    "Return Data to Microsoft Excel"

It would be nice if these two functions were translated into the respective language.

For example: In the German language package, these functions are in English.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Protecting Sheets / Workbooks with Password - can't see password

When protecting sheets / worksheets with a password, there is no "eye" icon to display the password so you can verify that you've typed it in correctly. It would be great to have this function to help reduce errors and reduce the risk of locking yourself out of a file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ½. Using fraction symbols in calculations.

When using the auto correct options for a fraction in the format "1/2" to become "½", these symbols are not respected as a value when calculating, resulting in #VALUE!.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. XLookup function

I'm office insider but still i don't have new XLookup function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. restore previous versions

excel or all microsoft applications should store previous saved documents so you can recover an older version thats been saved previously, I had a scenario where I edited a spreadsheet, saved and closed, the following day I found I had made many errors and was unable to undo and did not have any old documents saved, there should be an option to select which saved file you desire with a time and date stamp

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. provide a way to comment on previous suggestions in this suggestion box not just vote :)

This Suggestion Box is a great Idea.

But., we need a way to express our views on Previous Suggestions.

Voting is Nice; But, Clarifying and Justifying are better :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Vertical, Hierarchical Worksheet Tab Column at the right instead of Worksheet tabs at the bottom

Instead of having worksheet tabs at the bottom of the viewing window, put the worksheet tabs in a column to the far right. This way you can see more tabs on the screen at a time and use longer more descriptive worksheet titles. This would make worksheets much easier to navigate and organize. Furthermore it would be great to make the tabs able to be hierarchical as in the attached example where Schedule 4 has a drop-down arrow that that reveals tabs for sub-schedules a, b and c. Of course please keep all of the fill color options for the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. conditional formatting window

Make the conditional formatting Window re-sizeable. And give us a possibility to select more than one rule to delete them. Thank you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option/Setting to Prevent Accidentally Attach Excel File to Email

We need a setting/option in Excel File to disable attach/share. This setting is needed, especially for the sensitive file which is not to be shared. This can prevent someone accidentally attach it to Email and send it out by email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. select date for open/close stock

You should be able to pick dates when selecting stock info.

E.g set the date as 06/11/2019 to get XNAS:MSFT open price on that day.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I use 2 monitors to avoid printing, could there be a ruler that I can put on top of my data to help me follow along?

It would help in editing and avoid printing if we could have a ruler that would go over various apps, like a PDF, Excel or Word.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a menu item to "Hide all notes"

I inadvertently clicked "Show all notes". I had to hide them all individually - on a multi tabbed workbook with over 100 notes. A "Hide all notes" menu item would really help. I did look at multiple forums but couldn't find a way to do that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When using the Filter feature the gray colored arrows should visually change more dramatically than the current icon.

When using the Filter feature in Data, the "selected" column filter icon changes from a triangle to a filter icon with a small triangle.
    This selected icon should visually change more dramatically than the current icon.
    I frequently use 40 to 50 columns for filtering, and it is very difficult to find the active columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please attempt to simplify this application. I am in my second year of college and working Excel has by far been the most stressful part.

Honestly, there should be a full, in-depth Excel tour available on the app, because despite taking two classes specially on Excel, I am still left in the dark and confused about how to use and navigate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to remove all the clutter from the title bar

The title bar is polluted by a lot of unnecessary clutter these days - a "quick access" toolbar, a strange search box that doesn't work, account log in, some weird share button...

For those of us who actively dislike this sort of thing, could we have an option to remove all this useless clutter from the title bar and return Excel (and all the Office programs) back to looking like ordinary Windows applications, with just the Excel icon, the name of the open document, and the standard minimize / maximize / close buttons?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unlock Excel Spreadsheet Password Protection

Unlock Excel Spreadsheet Password Protection via eSoftTools Excel Password Unlocker Software is the world best password recovery, remover, & unlocker tool. With this software, you can unlock the strongest password combinations like alphabetic, numeric, & symbolic character with the help of Mask Attack, Brute Force Attack, & Dictionary Attack method. User can also unlock Access file password and Word file password with FREE DEMO VERSION to the user preview with all supported versions up to 2019 and Windows versions up to 10 (32-bit, & 64-bit).

Visit Here For More Info:- https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. file icon with yellow warning ribbon

show specific warning language when hovering over a file icon displaying yellow warning ribbon and exclamation point

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. General

It would be nice to know what user recommendations Microsoft is considering or has actually assigned to a release date. I've seen vertical tab recommendations for years, some who want it on the left some on the right allowing for increased tab names, and some who want tabs organized like windows explorer, but are users in fact wasting their time while MS uses this tool to let people vent thinking something is being addressed when in effect nothing is happening. Toward that end, maybe a MS response to specific recommendations would provide users feedback about the recommendation's merits and implementation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base