Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Go to first/last tabs

In the previous versions of Excel, I was able to go the first/last tab by using the arrow buttons adjacent to the ones that move the tabs left or right. I am using spreadsheets with many tabs and I found this feature quite useful in the past to go to the end or beginning of all the tabs.
    I don't understand why there are now two redundant ways to scroll through the tabs. I have not seen a difference between the left/right arrows and the ellipsis to either side of the tabs. Why don't you bring back the go to…

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

63 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can navigate to the first and last sheet in the workbook by holding down the CTRL key while clicking on the Scroll Sheet Left or Right buttons.

Thanks,
    Eric (MSFT)

2. Workbook Title should be left-justified

Workbook titles now bing in the center of the title bar means that I cannot 'layer' (like tiling) my workbooks atop one another in a diagonal fashion and still be able to see (at least the beginning of) the title.
    The quick-launch tool bar should be in the center instead of the title as it's never necessary unless currently using a workbook. The title is necessary to see, however.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The File ribbon should be separate form the other ribbons

The File Tab opens a full screen page of options and constantly lags. This should be on a different row than, "home, insert, page layout" etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Ribbon (across all apps that have a Ribbon) is consistent in that it has a single row of tabs. We aren’t going to change that.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base