Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AUTOMATICALLY COPYING DATA FROM A CELL OF ONE SHEET TO A CELL OF ANOTHER SHEET

Consider i am having a value written in a cell H6 of sheet 1

It should be linked to a C8 cell of sheet 2

So if i change the value of one cell other should automatically be changed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DOUBLE SERIES OF TABS.

Why not have vertical tabs as well? For each sheet on the lower part of the screen, there would be several "sub-sheets" available on the vertical left of the screen.
    This exists already more or less in OneNote and is very useful to locate items and retrieve them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Changeing the password in a protected Document.

When I password protect a document, I can't change that password. I have a document that I think the password has been compromised and I can't change the it. If it is possible to change it, someone let me know how. the password has been in place for many years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. QAT

Please provide all of the customizations for the Quick Access Toolbar that has been available before. Some commands have been lost in 2016, for example the Save As command.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ctrl+F should have "Find previous" button

Ctrl+F should have "Find previous" button

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dont show names/tables from hidden sheets

I have a lot of tables in hidden sheets to configure workbook.The user dont need to know about this tables, but they can see in 'name box'.

Please, don't show hidden tables (and names) from hidden sheets, Also, it is useless, click in names does nothing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move or Copy

It would be great if the option with Move or Copy of placing the new sheet be at the end was listed both at the top and the bottom of the dialog box. Saves having to scroll all the way through the list of tabs.

The same idea, but on Filters. Having the Blanks check box located at the top of the page would be beneficial for when you have more than 11 items in the list.

thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. pivot table: go back to parent cell by double clicking the cell

I've got a huge amount of data to go through and find the source cell as there are many duplicates. So is there a way to find the source cell of a selected data in the pivot table.

Is there any way we could hyperlink the pivot table so that if we ctrl+click or double click, it could take us back to the parent cell?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Should be easy to freeze top row AND AND AND first column or whatever row and column needed like in previous versions.

One says it's supported, but, well, doesn't seem so. Certainly not easy, as when you freeze the column, it unfreezes the row you just froze.. why??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In excel, For hyperlink should auto change their cell address during insert a new row on both sheets.

In excel, For hyperlink should auto change their cell address during insert a new row on both sheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alternative to hiding rows/columns

I've just finished delivering a foundation excel course, one of the delegates asked is there a function whereby you pick the columns or rows that you want to see as against the negative of hiding the elements.

With everyone disappearing under columns of data, a positive approach could be a valid alternative.

Please consider.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tabs

Please can you add a tab system for open workbooks as per the add in Kutools supply - working with multiple workbooks is made so much easier - if Kutools can design an add in then I presume that it is an easy add in function to create

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the ribbon narrower in 2016 version. It takes too much of the workspace

Screen real state has been reduced too much in 2016

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The name of the file should appear at the top of page before the file is saved

A file name should appear when clicking Ctl-S and we should be able to edit the file name/directory before it saves it to the default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to protect a sheet in a workbook that has grouping on it and still allow the user to use the grouping option.

Please update the worksheet protection option so that we can allow the user to use the grouping option. I have set up a workbook that has many locked cells and formulas and I don't want the user to overwrite those. But it is a large file that has grouping on both columns and rows. I want the user to be able to see the info at both a high and detail level. I know there will be issues giving this work book to users without protection on that sheet. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Side By Side Snap

Implement the Windows 7 Snap concept within Excel itself to allow for quicker sizing and side by side comparison of two spreadsheets. Add corner snap feature to allow up to four same sized spreadsheets in one viewer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include in tab Data, group Sort and filter, access to delete button

Include in tab Data, group Sort and filter, direct access to delete button, because, as usual, when you filter you want to delete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. need function FILTERS LAYER

because difficult to saw select place and check data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base