Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Max - MIN

I understand that this is a really easy function to do yourself. But I can imagine all the people feeling dumb for searching for it for a few minutes before resorting to the peasant method of typing two functions that are always put together in almost every Excel spreadsheet ever.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you give a bit more detail on what you’re looking for here? I’m not sure I understand from your description.

Is it the MAX of a range minus the MIN of that same range?

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

2. Build more tools to perform stochastic / probabilistic analysis and Monte Carlo simulation

1. More inverse cumulative distribution functions (Poisson, Exponential, Negative Binomial, Weibull, etc.);
    2. Ability to confine the distribution between certain values;
    3. Ability to generate / simulate time series;
    4. Ability to sample/simulate all inverse cumulative distribution functions without continuously recalculating the workbook (ex. run the simulation behind the scenes much like the current IRR function operates though iteration);
    5. Ability to correlate distributions;
    6. Ability to run sensitivity analysis on the results;
    It is currently possible to build all of the above functionalities through VBA but having dedicated tools will bring considerable efficiency improvements.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for logging this, Lyubomir. How do you do these today? Is deeper integration with R potentially useful for such scenarios, at least for the analysis?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base