Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bir kolondaki unique değerlerin sayılması (Distinct Count)

SUBTOTAL fonksiyonu içine ya da ayrı bir fonksiyon olarak bir kolondaki unique değerleri saydırabilen bir fonksiyon yapılması iyi olacaktır. (pivottaki Distinct Count gibi)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accounting system

Accounting software through excel to be part of excel module . This could increase the use of excel and the sales . I made one through excel formulas without any programming or codes only formulas . Can help millions of small business .which mean increase the people who desires to learn excel and could increase the sales especially the accountants. It is not a reports system it is full system of data entry , posting ,statements , financial report which any accounting system performs plus With the advantage of using the ability of excel customizing as you wish by using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to create Dynamic Formula for simple subtraction.

Formula Reference Cell Style: There are 2 ways to view Cell references in formulas, (the default) letters for columns and Numbers for rows and R1C1.

I want to do a simple calc on a list of values...lets say I have a short list of values in cells A1, A2, A3, where A1 is value for Day1, A2 is value for Day2, A3 is value for Day3...and today is day 3, I will also add more data for days in the future, i.e Day 4 (tomorrow), day 5 (day after tomorrow), ect.

I need a formula the Subtracts the last day…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. xlookup with fuzzy lookup

XLOOKUP is a great function, adding the option to do a fuzzy lookup will surely make it as the greatest one !
    It can be done by adding a fifth option to the argument match_mode (attached image). It can be very useful for many users.
    You can read this blog for more details :
    https://numidiabi.wordpress.com/2019/09/09/excel-xlookup-with-fuzzy-match/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fuzzy Match in Power Query Excel

Include Table.FuzzyNestedJoin fuzzy match capability in Power Query Excel

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Function to give list of conditions to ANY function

Say you have a function like FIND() that takes a single item to search for. If you have seven items to search for, you have to do them all separately. Yet FIND() cannot be upgraded (aside: for an obviously useful thing) without lots of years of us asking for it here and finally seeing, maybe, something.

The idea here is to have a funciton whose sole purpose is to pass an argument to the function wrapped around it, holding "open" so-to-speak, and after the first argument's pass is over, moving on to do it again with the second argument's value.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow column name to be used in vlookup

Allow the VLOOKUP formula to recognise a column label in place of the column count. This is a sorely lacking functionality when referencing large data sets that can easily extend to column counts of 50 or more.

Example: =VLOOKUP(A2,F:AM,AM,false) instead of =VLOOKUP(A2,F:AM,34,false)

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add two extra optional inputs to Trend() function

The current Trend() function is extremely useful, but it would be useful to let user have more control over overfitting by use of Elastic Net (that is a combination of Ridge and Lasso) this just requires two optional extra inputs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow wildcards to be used with IF statements

I think the IF function should allow wildcards to be used. Take a look at the attached file. I'd rather write the below function than what I have show in the attached filed:

=IF(N2=2010??, "2010", IF(N2=2011??, "2011",...etc.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add eigen value and eigen vector solution in matrix HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE ADD EIGEN VALUE AND EIGEN VECTOR FUNCTION IN EXCEL.

AS IT HELPS IN THE SOLUTION OF HIGH DEGREE OF ENGINEERING PROBLEMS

ALSO THERE IS A NEED OF A FEATURE OF SOLUTION OF UNKNOWNS IN MATRIX FORM.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Office 365 personal and home, forms for excel

"Forms for Excel" to be used in Personal and Home versions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need Excel Stats function of Normality Test (Anderson-Darling, or Ryan-Joiner test parameters)

Anderson-Darling or Ryan-Joiner test with plotting for Normality Test

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FALTA DA GUIA PESQUISA-É UMA EXCELENTE FUNÇÃO QUE RETIRARAM

sobre a guia pesquisa que já havia no sistema do excel permitia que criássemos link on line onde era compartilhável, agora ficou oculto, é uma ferramento muito boa, excelente pois outros usuários respondiam formulários que permitia criar formulas paralelas aos preenchimento online, já o novo serviço do outro programa de formulario não funciona online somente off line, aguardo resposta

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Formule to detect UI Language

Give us a function to determ the ui language. When using a function like text 2_ param the days are in English D but in Frensh the are J.
    With a function we can change the other functions or parameters.

Make sure the function is language undepended :) not like "info" or "cel"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic formula syntax formatting

Hi,

Could you please add autoformatting option for formulas? It's already implemented in powerapps and works like a charm!

As of now it's hard to follow some 10 line long formulas written in continuous manner...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reciprocal function

I often have to write formulae of the form:
    IF(X<>0,1/X,0)
    Sometimes X can be a long expression and it's frustrating having to have it twice in the formula.
    My idea is for a reciprocal function, with an optional argument to return an alternative if the value is zero.
    =RECIPROCAL(value,[returnifzero])

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Toggling between automatic and manual formula updates. (Keyboard Shortcut

Can we have a Keyboard shortcut to change from manual to automatic formula updates rather than having to use the ribbon or go into options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the Evaluate Formula dialog box re-sizable

The evaluate formula box is unusable with large and/or CSE formulas. Please just make it re-sizeable. Thank you.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Spilled arrays should work with Ctrl+/ keyboard shortcut

Currently the shortcut to select a whole array (Ctrl+/) doesn't work with spilled arrays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a built-in printf/String.Format style string formatting function

I frequently use Excel to help build configuration files, and rely on a printf function I found on StackOverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/a/17233834)

It requires that I use spreadsheets with macros enabled, which triggers a security notice that is alarming to some that open my spreadsheets. The alternative is to use a formula like =&quot;string&quot; &amp; &quot;string&quot; or the CONCAT function, which makes working with double quotes pretty tedious.

The stack overflow solution uses naive replace and provides no formatting options (fixed width, decimal precision, etc) like String.Format, and improving the function to work with these concerns in VBA is quite…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base