Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pick color in Excel Like at Powerpoint

In Powerpoint there is a color picker tool to bring custom colors to the pallete.

Many times we need to do it using PowerPoint to get the RGB combination to be used in Excel.

Could you replicate this color picker into Excel in the same way it exists in PowerPoint?

Portuguese:

Conta-gotas PowerPoint

No Powerpoint existe uma ferramenta para pegar as cores e retornar para a paleta, o conta-gotas.

Vocês podem fazer o mesmo no Excel?

Porque muitas vezes nós precisamos fazer isso usando o PowerPoint para pegar o RGB e colocar no Excel.

1,179 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

110 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Dax Formatter" Nativo no Power Pivot (Excel & Power BI)

Um sugestão seria ter um botão na "Caixa de Diálogo"
    Medidas no Power Pivot (Excel) para "identar" as funções DAX digitadas, como mostra o anexo.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel subcells (unlimited formatting possibilities)

Spreadsheets needs a radical improvement, no spreadsheets at the moment allows subcolumns creating subcells. This would improve the formatting dramatically. We should not have just letters, A, B, C, D... we should be able to divide these columns (letters) in subcolumns and subcells A, A1, A2... but...
    How these spreadsheets would be read? Easy.
    As they are right now (classic style).No subcolumn, no subcell, Column A, Row 2: Read: A2
    Advanced style (subcolumn and subcells), subcolumn A1 Row 2: Read A1#2
    Just columns could be divided with subcolumns, this generates a subcell (comprised with the subcolumn and the row)
    Rows…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get rid of scientific notation being automatically applied on large numbers

Excel automatically converts large numbers to scientific notation. This is possibly the most useless and annoying feature ever. Please stop.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In the status bar at the bottom, I would like an option to display a cell's format

The only way that I know of to see a cell's format category (e.g., General, Number, Date, etc.) is to right-click and hit Format. I would like if there was an option in the status bar called "Cell Format."

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A number format that lets you put zeros at the beginning of a number reference, like 00794411 for example.

Many utilities have zeros in front of the meter or company references(00794411), when paying invoices or bills, that have to be included to pay them and when corresponding with the utility companies, as it's not valid to them if the zeros aren't there. So there should be an option in the number formatting section for reference numbers including zeros in front, where it doesn't take away zeros in front of the reference, but lets you put as many zeros in front of it as you like.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix conditional formatting range splitting

Conditional formatting is helpful, but it often breaks due to the ranges it applies to being split. So end up with 1000's of little rules create a nightmare.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let add setting to switch gridlines on/off

Now we can do that for current worksheet only. These days it's quite desirable to have an option to keep greedlines off on permanent basis for each new workbook. That could be done using template or by changing/adding registry key https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-ways-of-removing-gridlines-in-Excel-2007.
    That will be much more suitable if we have such option in Advanced section of Options.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Meiryo UI font

If you are using Excel for Windows 10 version 2004 and try to write in the vertical texts with Meiryo UI, some characters are not becoming vertical writing. For example, “-” should be “|” vertically, but it actually won’t be vertical text.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability to paste pictures directly into a cell

It would be very helpful to have the ability to paste an image directly into a cell in an Excel file. And then within that cell you can still resize the image so that your row/column isn't a crazy size. That way when rows or columns are grouped together & collapsed then the image would also collapse with the designated cell.

I work for an interior design firm and my company uses Excel for all of our Furniture, lighting, Art & accessory procurement. We need to include images in these documents to send to clients, trades and for installs. When…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Being able to merge rows only or columns only within a selection.

On selecting a set of cells (multiple rows and columns), having the ability to merge all of the cells in each row or each column would be useful.

I have to do this when setting up table headings. Where the headings may have a master and sub heading for some columns, the rest I have to select and merge cells in all of the other columns one column after another to get this affect, so that centering in height or width then looks better,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to count the number of cells by a specific color

The ability to count the number of cells by a specific color. I use fill to keep track of tasks who they are assigned to and which ones have and have not been completed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE FONT SIZE ON THE TABS IN MY SPREAD SHEET

IF i COULD CHANGE THE FONT SIZE I COULD VIEW MORE TABS TO CHOOS E FROM AT ONE GLANCE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make 1 button that does all of the following: Merge & Center, Wrap text, Left align, Top Align.

I use excel to take notes in class and when I copy and paste paragraphs into a cell and want it to look like a paragraph, I have to select the range of cells I want to merge, then merge them,. Then I have to "wrap text", then I have to left align, then I have to top align. Make 1 button that does it all. Stay classy San Diego

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pivot table, Summarize Values and Custom Sort

when using summarize values feature in a pivot table it wont allow you to sort the data in descending/ascending order, this drives me crazy and i not aware of a work around

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pivot table, Summarize Values and Custom Sort

when using summarize values feature in a pivot table it wont allow you to sort the data in descending/ascending order, this drives me crazy and i not aware of a work around

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to sort protected Excel File

Unable to sort protected Excel File

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Version as a number format in cells

Add support for Version as a number format in cells. Allow for variance of two to four spots with the convention of major.minor.build.revision. Then do proper comparison and sorting functions with it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A preset borders button that's thin interior lines with thick outer border

I'm constantly using thin inner borders and thick outer borders to create easy-to-read tables that delineates details from totals, etc., but there's no present button for it in the borders formatting menu. I know it would save me personally a TON of time to have a single button for that, similar to the existing presets of "top and thick bottom border," and I can't be the only one!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base