Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Windows (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in Excel. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. cell cursor movement

HOW ON EARTH the default uses of arrow is for scrolling? what kind of glue you're sniffing? we already have mouse and pad to scroll. we even actually could scroll down because it's following cells.

all of these money and facility and you make those? what are you? Ferrari formula 1 race team in 1974 ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Power Query Editor

In the Power Query Editor, Transform tab, Any Column Group, there is a Move button. It allows you to move a selected column(s) to: Left, Right, To Beginning, To End.
    What if I want to move a column to the middle of my data and I have 30 columns.
    Can you add an option that says Move, Before Column and then you select the column you want to move before it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. HEY MICROSHIT- GET YOUR ******* ALT TEXT DIALOG BOX OUT OF MY FACE. FUCK_YOU.

HEY MICROSHIT- GET YOUR ******* ALT TEXT DIALOG BOX OUT OF MY FACE. FUCK_YOU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GODDAMN_YOU_FUCKING_PIECES_OF_SHIT_AT_MICROSOFT. STOP JIGGLING THE FUCKING_DISPLAY UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING.

GODDAMNYOUFUCKINGPIECESOFSHITATMICROSOFT. STOP JIGGLING THE FUCKINGDISPLAY UP AND DOWN WHEN SCROLLING.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Align Text in Footer and Header in excel

can we have more option for header and footer in excel as i attach multiple files to show what is going on when you create both header and footer there is no option to align text.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Insert Row Below

As far as I can tell, there is no longer a way to insert rows below a selected row. Typically this does not cause issue, but when adding a row at the bottom of a already formatted document, the user has to reformat all outlines to include the new row.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. HEY_FUCK_FACES_AT_MICROSOFT- WHY CAN ONE NOT PASTE A SINGLE COLUMNS CELLS FORMATS ACROSS MULTIPLE COLUMNS TODAY?

HEYFUCKFACESATMICROSOFT- WHY CAN ONE NOT PASTE A SINGLE COLUMNS CELLS FORMATS ACROSS MULTIPLE COLUMNS TODAY?

DID YOUWORTHESSFUCKSWAKE UP TODAY AND DECIDE USERS DON'T NEED TO DO THIS ANY MORE? WHY DO YO U KEEP ADDINGSHITUSELESSFEATURES AND REMOVING PREVIOUSLY USEFUL ONES?

WHY IS COPY AND PASTESOFUCKED UP IT BARELY FUNCTIONS ANYMORE?

FUCKINGGODDAMNYOU YOUFUCKINGPIECESOFSHIT. ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. La validación de datos tiene deficiencias

Deben corregir la validación de datos, ya que solo valida cuando se escribe sobre la celda, pero no hace la validación cuando pegan un valor desde el portapapeles, así que los capturistas pueden evadir la validación presionando copiar y después pegar, así pueden introducir cualquier valor invalido y la validación lo permite sin problemas.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. One Command to save/close all EXCEL and all WORD objects.

I have a database consisting of EXCEL workbooks and WORD documents. Please create one command to save/close all EXCEL and all WORD objects. The same command can save/close OUTLOOK also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HEY DICKSUCKERS AT MICROSOFT(IE MOST OF THE COMPANY)- STOP SHIFTING THE EXCEL VIEW WHEN WORKING IN EXCEL APPLICTIONS. FUCK_YOU.

HEY DICKSUCKERS AT MICROSOFT(IE MOST OF THE COMPANY)- STOP SHIFTING THE EXCEL VIEW WHEN WORKING IN EXCEL APPLICTIONS. FUCK_YOU.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Gimme back Office 2010

Gimme back Office 2010

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Always crashing. BS of app

2019 always crashing, making me systematically lose work. Grrrr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. EXCEL 365, HOME; WINDOWS 10 PRO x 64 - VERTICAL DOCKABILITY OF VBA EDITOR WINDOWS WINDOWS>

<EXCEL 365, HOME; WINDOWS 10 PRO x 64 - VERTICAL DOCKABILITY OF VBA WINDOWS>
    Please re establish vertical edge dockability for VBA editor windows in EXCEL 365. This kind of the windows dockability users had in previous versions of EXCEL which provided the better VBA programming efficiency.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow default setting for insert or paste photo property such as "Move and Size with Cells"

Every time need to change the property of photo will be a very painful job, it will be convenient if that can be done with default property settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow an easy way to shrink the sheet to the area with values

Doing various actions in excel - for example, using the bar on top to paste a formula - will often increase the size of the sheet to way beyond what was intended. There should be a button that would shrink the sheet to the largest area with values (or formulas that refer to values) - or alternatively, specify an area to be preserved with the rest eliminated entirely, so that the space on disk is reasonable.

What people do in practice is to copy the sheet area to a new sheet. This is a bit of a kludge.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Select Objects - Objects on Chart Sheet

Currently I can use the 'Select Objects' tool to select multiple Shape objects in a worksheet. However, if I try to use the same tool to select multiple Shape objects in a Chartsheet it just doesn't work

As soon as I depress the mouse button to start selecting objects prior to dragging a selection area over the objects of interest it just selects the chart object precluding me from being able to drag a selection area over the Shape objects that I wish to select sitting on top of the chart object

Furthermore; shapes objects I draw in a worksheet…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow the anonymization of data in a column to a range of numbers. I have 1200 emails that need to be anonimized.

Allow the anonymization of data in a column to a range of numbers. I have 1200 email addresses that I use to identify participants that need to be anonimized, while some of them are in there multiple times and need the same anonimized value for each entry.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deleting last worksheet in a workbook

When you try to delete the last worksheet in a workbook, it is normally not allowed.

How about having Excel to reset the sheet object counter and create Sheet1 automatically when the last worksheet is deleted in the workbook? It would be easier to reset a workbook without creating a new one and overwriting the existing workbook to start a brand new working environment,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)